1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Who is your character similar too?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by TAP123, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

So Nines has irritable bowels syndrome and is constantly getting bouts of explosive diarrhea?

2. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

Actually... yes. Though, most of the crap comes from his mouth.

3. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

My character Acetello is similar to Red deads John Marston they were both bandits there both cowboys and they both try to make up for their pasts.

[​IMG]

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

While my character is basically the person I want to be, Ray Beluga is probably most like Mass Effect's Mordin Solus. Both are brilliant scientist-types who have hyperactive metabolisms. Both are a bit ruthless but believe in being moral. Example is Mordin believed the lives taken by the genophage would be justified by the lives saved. My character believes the lives protected by his weaponry will justify the lives ended by it. Both are uncertain of the moral clarity of their decisions and wish to achieve a greater good. Only difference between the two is the species, occupation and of course, no one can be as badass as Mordin.
    [​IMG]
    'Had to be me. Somebody else might've gotten it wrong.'

5. xShockwirex

xShockwirex New Member

My character is most similar to Nero from Devil May Cry 4, in which hes very serious, but has a soft spot for certain people. Although, most of the time, hes just a badass. Not to mention the whole arm thing...and the love of big ass swords.

6. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Petal is about as OC as you can get.
    Her voice type could best be described as the voice stylings of Felicia from MvC3, but without all the hyper-energetic, more quiet.

Drige-Thosto is an amalgamation of insanity inspirations from Sheogorath from oblivion, and Cicero from skyrim, taken and bastardized into a cabbage worshipping cultist bashing rainbow caped Hylotl.
    Drige's voice type can best be described as if you Took sheogorath, made him speak like an upper class-man, and then had him constantly reference fruits and vegetables instead of body parts

Twinleaf/Bloodleaf draws inspiration from Dog/God (Fallout NV), and Khem Val/Vash (ToR) with the shared body and vying for control, and only sometimes working together
    Twinleaf's voice can best be described as a quiet and softspoke male
    And Bloodleaf is shamelessly Steve Blum(wolverine/Adronikos/Zabuza style))

7. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Well, I take alot of inspiration from a forum game called Mafia/Epicmafia, for instance, my Wynn character is a Journalist, while there is a real-world counterpart obviously, I learned to play such a role from that game.

And another character i'm developing is going to be a actor, who doesn't know how to do anything but pretends like they do, holding a gun like they are a professional but not hitting anything and generally mishandling it, perhaps occasionally carrying a sword and constantly obsessing over their prowess, while not being able to swing it, and barely able to carry it properly, they'd act and dress to suit what they are pretending to be at the time, it sounds like a hilarious role and a good character to me.

My character would fool so many into thinking they were a expert mercenary/swordsman/engineer/etc and then they'd know nothing and just be pretending the whole time, just imagining when my character gets caught due to misknowledge and tries to shrug it off, waving excuses, would be gold.

It sounds really hard to play correctly and will definitely be difficult on my part... wish me luck when i'm done developing it, if I decide to do it!

#27 SirFruitcakes, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2014
  8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

^Sounds like a good idea to me! Only problem is being an engineer is all about knowledge, good luck pretending to be one of them *ahemUSahem*

9. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

I Know, he'd never talk back to engineers and just say complicated words about parts and stuff in that situation, as a example, it'd be difficult, it'll take alot of time to develop em' and think up this stuff.

10. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Oh well that'll work just fine! Have fun trolling the galaxy.

11. FireDrinker

FireDrinker Beware, I live!

I never set out to make my characters like anyone but...

A proud warrior from a line of leaders who's primary personal motivation is maintaining his own pride, yet is nonetheless constantly humiliated by the hand fate deals him? Also plant themed?

[​IMG]

...Fuck.

12. Sen

Sen Guest

13. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

CLEAR THE ROAD KAKAROT

14. TaintedMythos

TaintedMythos New Member

I tried to make my character as original as possible, but ended up with the semi-generic bookworm due to social isolation thing, with a planet is destroyed as soon as he takes off backstory. I did intentionally take something that was just too hilarious to not use from the original Naruto series. There's an episode where Rock Lee is fighting Kimimaro, a ninja who fights with his bones (more deadly than it sounds) and drinks some sake (he thinks it's medicine) then gets himself drunk. His fighting style becomes more unpredictable since he's stumbling around and much more direct. I wanted to take this because I think it'd be fun to roleplay my character when he's drunk, and since Avians have VERY low tolerance to alcohol I think it fits pretty well.

15. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

Y'know, I always thought your Drige character was inspired by Malkavians from the Vampire the Masquerade series,

It matches him quite alot, although he's not a vampire, each Malkavian would inheritly be insane, most the time in different ways but insane all the same, and you wore a tophat and talked like them too, they would always go on about strange things and ask questions in such strange ways, as a example when giving a broke guy some money you would say 'Let me put some fortune on your misfortune', which I could actually see Drige saying, for some reason, and Malkavians were almost always upper-class folk, talked perfect english, and usually had mansions and the like.

I'm actually very surprised you created him from Cicero/Sheogorath, thats a big big change, it must have been pretty hard, or atleast would've been for me.

16. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Corvus is like a raven.
    EDIT: And not the Teen Titans one either.
    EDIT2: And not the That's So Raven one either.

#36 Corvus, Mar 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2014
  17. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Never played VTMB much but he's got some Malk in too [watched a friend play some and instantly fell in love with them]

Just a big conglomeration of insanity sources and an outlet for my own less than sane mind.

18. Eleven

Eleven Mädchen in Uniform

its over 9000!

19. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

[​IMG]

20. Grifter

Grifter New Member

Skyrax is like Captain Harlock, Look Wise. His personality would be like The Doctor from Star Trek Voyager. Voiced by Robert Picardo.