1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Which race do you prefer?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beta, Mar 26, 2014.

?

What race do you prefer?

1. Human

23 vote(s)
    35.9%
  2. Hylotl

7 vote(s)
    10.9%
  3. Floran

11 vote(s)
    17.2%
  4. Glitch

5 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Apex

3 vote(s)
    4.7%
  6. Avian

15 vote(s)
    23.4%
  1. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

You know, having gills doesn't instantly make you interesting, nor does being a monkey, or a robot, or a frilly flower, not to mention you're insulting alot of peoples characters in one go, mine included. A really bad generalization on your part. Most of the characters I like most on the server are human.

And if you're talking about the human personality ingame, you really need to look at how crazy and eccentric they are about everything. Whereas the Avian seem pretty normal and calm, the hylotl are total ponces. (Grr, my first character was one, did not enjoy that at all) And the Floran just ssstab.

Why would being human means having a lack of creativity? That's stupid, and you know it.

And before you say it. No, that's not an opinion, that's a generalization, and it's not fair on anyone who plays humans.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

nope

gills are automatically interesting

and tasty

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I did not mean human characters in game, do not misunderstand. I was referring to the rather dullness of humans in real life, while an alien species can be a little more extreme. Rather I am curious as to why you would not explore another mysterious race instead of being the same thing you are IRL. I like being a hylotl because it is interesting to be a race that is so self righteous and stuck up, which adds to the experience. Personal preference I guess, but in my opinion being a human is boring.

Also you dont need to be your character out of context, relax. Pissing me off ICly is ok, but relax a bit.

#23 Toadkid1234, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
  4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Humans tend to be the balance, normal, meh race in most any game in which they appear. This is because they are familiar. Most people will relate to something they are familiar with. There is a reason why, while the other races in the game may be more unique in terms of appearance they bare similarities to other cultures.

As for the merits of players, I can't say I have met more of a handful of humans doing anything interesting. Just humans. certainly better then all the unique, not at all like a floran, florans on server.

5. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

I just realized there is no Novakid race up there!

6. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Humans are boring in real life? Hm.

So, okay, guys, hear me out.. We're able to understand this thing called a "Universe" right? And it's so much bigger than us, so much bigger! We're able to love, hate, create, destroy, all that stuff, okay? We can admire and despise, these are all things that are pretty damn neat when you think about it, yeah? But still, boring as all hell, right?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume you've never sat down and thought about what humans really are, and you know what, that's fine, many people don't. The fact that we're able to communicate like this is pretty damn awesome, isn't it? Or am I wrong? And if you bring up horrible things humans have, and continue to do, then that just strengthens my point all the more. The fact that we can deem things like, say, WW2 as horrible events is amazing on its own. Not to mention the fact that something like that even happened is amazing.

But regardless, I bet if you were an alien species of some kind, you'd think the exact same of us. Some people just don't get it, unfortunately.

Please, one night, if at all possible. Look out at the moon, and say. "Hey, we've been there."

How is that not just MINDBLOWING?

By the way, bit late on the edit there.

#26 Lavinda, Mar 26, 2014
  7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Lavinda please try and calm down. I KNOW we are a spectacular, special race. But this is science fiction, and it seems kind of boring to be the same thing you are in real life. Thus, I conclude my posts here. You and I tend to clutter threads like crazy, and its both our faults.

8. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Discuss it all you want, Avians are still better.

Despite the name...

And the angsty backstory...

9. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

[​IMG]

I give up.

10. Hawke

Hawke ACK!

SQUAWK!

11. SirFruitcakes

SirFruitcakes New Member

I'd choose Avian and if not Avian, Human.

Reason for this is easy for me, mix the Aztecs rich culture with any race in space and you have me set.

PSST i'm also a bird person

Humans because i'm most familiar with them, being one myself!

#31 SirFruitcakes, Mar 26, 2014
  12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Every race has achieved interstellar travel. Every race can communicate not only with themselves, but other races in Starbound. Every race is assumed to have a long and rich history. Non of what you said really makes humans any more unique or interesting then any other race in the game, because they all have the same base structure to their cultures. This question is one of flavor. Which we prefer, and why. not which one is better then the others.

13. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

[​IMG]

14. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Here's my list of races in order of most superior to most inferior:

1. Glorious Human Master Race
    2. Super cool robo punch digi-tank pew pew missle bots Glitch
    3. Soviet-Commie-Super Brain totalitarian megapower Apex Prime
    4. Flippy floppy wishy washy fin skin Hylotl
    5. Photosynthesis nom nom sun taste good Floran
    6. ....
    9999999999. Gross icky stupid dumb feathered freak Avians

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Hater's gonna hate. Can't touch my bird swag, shapechanger.

16. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I have no idea what you're talking about.
    **whistles suspiciously**

17. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

Wait a minute... [Eyes Aiko] ... There's only one way to know if something's human.
    What does Marsellus Wallace look like?

18. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

... u-uh...... like... like a bitch?

19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Get on my level.

20. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

WRONG! Off with your head!

You actually are right, I just wanted a chance to say that.