1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

What happened to the days of having fun?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julius Mayne, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Sen

Sen Guest

Bleach is tasty and nutritious. You should try some.

2. Finestein Goodlad

Finestein Goodlad Wizard Mod

Wow! That's edgy!

3. Narfball

Narfball narfball

while that last bit was a joke
    i'm not actually going to complain about the edgelords, as much as i dislike them and their rp style
    i'm mostly just buttmad with the community
    and a large handful of the community from a roleplay standpoint
    i can do things yeah
    i just don't have the motivation to anymore because of how the community acts like a bunch of children with downs
    i'm not here to interact with people who can barely get a conversation going before a shootout starts
    tbh i'd rather deal with impervium everywhere and pixel value being relatively shit like it was when the server was new
    at least then there wasn't constant shootouts, edgelords, and overall shit roleplayers left and right.
    i'm not a hardcorefag or a casulfag, but i'm at least a fag in general
    and i get that the objectively bad roleplayers are here to stay
    i fucking hate it but i get it
    you dont have to reiterate shit to someone who already knows what's going down
    doing that just makes you look dumber than a sack of bricks
    and where did this comment even spur from? edgelords, reallifers, and the moderate roleplayers are all here to stay bud? like wtf
    where'd you pull that one dude that doesn't even contribute to what i said nor is it a counterargument rofl

fixed

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

[​IMG]

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

Attached Files:

6. The Big Bad Wolf

Your post sounded as though you were whining.

Everyone knows people hate on edge lords, and super saiyans we get it. It's been said.. over and over and over etc etc.

Hence the "log off or log in" comment.

7. The Big Bad Wolf

Geez, you're really online 24/7 huh.

You are an asset to the server Sen. Hands down.
    You've put a lot of time into starbound both the technical side and rp wise.(SBSE right?)
    You can cry on my shoulder anytime.

My super invisible cape 9000 will protect you from flaming, nubs and edgelords.

*opens his arms for a hug*

8. Narfball

Narfball narfball

"as though you were whining"
    i'm actually kekking that was adorabad
    okay lets take a step back
    you clearly did not catch on to my satire so i will explain

• i voiced an issue i had with the server and most likely at least one other person shared -- that is whining in your book. noted.
    • i put roses sugar and glitter around my issue and apparently it backfired because you misinterpreted it

10/10 nice sarcasm

though the asset to the server part i agree with -- unless you're being sarcastic, but still.

EDIT: someone should make a "merge double posts" option for the forum that'd be hype shit

9. The Big Bad Wolf

Satires easy to fall back on but Ill give it to you.

And no I genuinely consider, Sen an asset.

And i mean it when I say he could cry on my shoulder any time.

Realistically, he's put a lot of time into this and i can understand why he'd typically be a grumpy guy all around.

He has his perspective and he is entitled to it. I don't mind the random two liners he drops here and there.

If anyone should be allowed to complain its him.

The rest of us just come on this server and do what we like, most of us don't contribute much. Sen, and the Admin and Mods have done much for antares though.

Edited: (This doesnt mean i agree with Sens 2 cents.)

#29 The Big Bad Wolf, Dec 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  10. Narfball

Narfball narfball

agreed w/ what you said
    also -- satire is what i was performing sir if you believe it is just a coincidence that that is what i was aiming for that's your problem.

anyway back on topic

the days of having fun are long gone until people learn to work together rofl
    back when the server was still new and sadly enough when the USCM was still a thing
    the server was relatively united
    up until avalon died and the USCM started to become shitty
    after that the server just
    became "meh."
    then it declined moreso and i just dont like it no i do not
    this is what you can call whining here mr wolf
    this
    h
    i
    s
    but in all legitimacy i feel like the server should just go back to it's roots because it's like an unfunny rehashed meme from 2007 (darude - sandstorm)
    it longs to be funny again and it just isnt likely until it becomes less well-known as a server
    just my two cents
    :^)

11. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I have fun here!
    Idk about you guys.
    Only part that isnt fun is seeing not-fun stuff on the forums. My experience has been overall pretty great, but that might be because I come on sporadically.
    Maybe if people posted more on hilarious IG pictures we'd all chill out. Magic solution 10/10 would work

12. Spyrosis

Spyrosis Basedgod

I can definitely agree with Joshua on this one. While he and I have both had our reservations towards each other (mainly due to our differing opinions on how close RP should be played to reality), he's managed to gain my respect because he can look past the game screen. Personally, I'm not on the server much because I have other priorities in life, and I can guarantee that everyone that plays on this server does too. I'm not going to go into the whole "It's just a game!" tirade, because it's been talked about on the forums on numerous occasions, and for some people, it might be more than that. Either way, we're all here, and we can all say we share at least one common interest, let's just enjoy it until it no longer becomes relevant to us, simple as that.

13. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

whining about it in a forum post will ultimately change nothing unless a plan of action is made or everybody contributing to the thread makes an active attempt to change.

14. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

There is a difference between whining and stating.

15. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The bottom line for the server is to maintain a place where people can have fun regardless of their roleplay preferences.
    As long as they're making a genuine attempt to contribute, and aren't completely absurd (godmodding, powergaming, metagaming, etc.) then they have the privilege to spend time here to learn and improve.

I don't want us catering to any one type of roleplay. I personally consider Antares current setting as casual, as it lacks any real background beyond being a lawless sector of known space outside the core civilizations. I would like to, someday, give Antares a proper setting for roleplayers to be in, something to give our server a more serious direction in regards to roleplaying - but not in a way that isolates or abandons casual roleplayers, or leaves them feeling left out and downtrodden.

I have many ideas for the eventual 1.0 Starbound update. However, I will be issuing polls when the time comes. I have no intentions of forcing anything onto the community, so no-one needs to worry about drastic changes destroying their previous roleplay. I care for everyone's stories here, and I want to make sure that the memories made here aren't invalidated or dismissed.

It's going to be a long time, and we may suffer attrition (loss of players) until then, but it is my hope that when the 1.0 update does release that we'll be entering a sort of Golden Age for the community.

16. Jnick22

Jnick22 New Member

Oh yes. Oh yes, baby.

17. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

Inb4, everyone indubitably RPs Novakids as pretty much immortal beings.

18. Narfball

Narfball narfball

but see if you shoot their metal branding they explode
    so they aren't immortal

#38 Narfball, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  19. OdinOnlineAlive

OdinOnlineAlive New Member

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Off-topic levels are too high. Lock imminent. Change course, change course!