1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

We can't all be friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Big Bad Wolf, Nov 17, 2014.

1. The Big Bad Wolf

Lol. So if its up to the community to shape it and part a) feels one way and part b) feels another way and part c)u get the point.

What happens? We chew each other out and the strongest survive?

2. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Those private conversations were the equivalent of taddling, and rarely if ever accomplished anything other than separating the Mod team into polarized groups. As somebody who used to be constantly cried out to because 'X was a bully!' or 'Y is a crybaby, toughen up!', I can safely say that the only way to truely bring about change - is to call people out publicly. Not disrespectfully, but to let everybody see the problem. Every problem player the Mod Team has had to speak with in those private conversations you're referring to, very seldomly changed their attitude or RP style.

Things like the RA thread however - while it was occasionally derailed by some stupid GIF or person complaining about why-dont-we-call-get-along or whatever, do incite change. It was clear by the response of folks in that group responding and accepting that criticism and then building on it and getting better. The Massacre at Port Last was a testament to that.

Also, buddy. I'm pretty certain this thread is a response to some recent criticism you've heard about the Wolves..?
    Champ. That was ages ago. C'mon, sport. Chin up.

3. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

This is not the correct way to inform Staff of issues, as I've said before.
    Flaws in the Moderation Team do no justify alternative methods, rather, the flaws themselves need to be addressed to solve the root of the issue.

4. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Flaws with people in the community or flaws in the moderating system?

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Flaws with people in the moderating system. We're not doing our duty, and that needs to change.
    Once that changes, things will improve. Antares is like a city without a police force - or one that says they'll arrest the bad guys tomorrow and never do. However, let not all the blame rest on myself and the Moderation Team. There's troublesome players as well. All communities have them.

We're working towards solutions to these issues.