1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

We can't all be friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by The Big Bad Wolf, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I will say this much, the candian cyber police are real and they will come get you for your cyber bullying over other digital citizens of the shared land we call the internet.

2. The Big Bad Wolf

Ugh Julius, I really feel like you're just trying to poke the bear here.

If you read the original post it was intended to share my perspective on negative hate threads. Singling out Sen, was merely an example used as he's singled us out in numerous threads as well. Admittedly I even added in my post that what I was doing was unnecessary and was only meant to serve as an example.

I am not defending myself and my rp. I was clarifying that I don't care enough about what people think to allow it to effect my rp, and i was suggesting others who may be experiencing the same thing. DO the same. Matter of fact this thread didnt even really stem from Sen and his occasional name dropping. It came after reading the "Concerns with the RA" and "The servers dying(or whatever it was called thread)"

The silly back and forth argument between Skipi and I started and soon as he said it was "good" to kick the RA while they were down. At that moment he made himself a target in a thread that was against such negative attitudes.

I feel as though your really only trying to entice me in another arguement rather then staying on topic like Kaz suggested. You chosen to come at me directly. So rather then derailing the thread further, send me a pm so we can discuss whatever issues you have with me one on one.

Or

Share your thoughts on negativity and hate threads, whether you think they are necessary, how do you think the server can be better and avoid them. Whatever your thoughts.

#22 The Big Bad Wolf, Nov 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2014
  3. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

A link of many. While I understand the reason behind being hostile, this isn't the first case I've seen something like this in the introductions section. Which is a bit frightening.

4. skipi

skipi New Member

This person was practically asking to be chastised, asking for approval to return from people that have less reason to give approval than reason to give disapproval. I don't believe this player had any intent to join, only wanted to share how content he was elsewhere.

5. LaserLlamas

Very well another. Again, I understand who they are but really, really uncalled for.

The one thing that's been bugging me is our unwillingness to really take anyone from galaxy citizen, sure it's for the less serious kind or something along those lines, but to the extent of trying to put a golden crown on Antares and then a bucket on GC is a bit extreme. Personally I don't like it, but I won't take the time to say how bad it is when I have little to no experience on it and don't know anyone there personally, and I'm not the kind of roleplayer who would be interested in a server like that.

6. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

He's not new, can you belive that.

7. skipi

skipi New Member

Again, another case where hostility was well-warranted. While there's nothing wrong with RPers moving beyond Galaxy Citizen to a better place, Dirtburner had no intentions of switching over. Everything she posted had a pretentious, passive-aggressive air toward Antares and its community.

EDIT: That's not even mentioning how she seemed to have to make it a point to share that she was an administrator on GC

8. LaserLlamas

That's not a reason to turn a neutral conversation to a hostile one.
    I'm aware, but instead you make yourselves stoop to an even lower level by having to be hostile towards her. If she was trying to prove a point as she planned, then everyone fell right into the trap while she proceeded to just dance in your face and taunt you because a simple "Hi welcome to the server" had to be replaced with -
    I worry for you people sometimes. So what if she's an administrator of GC? She has no power here, what's the worst that could happen if you said "hi" instead of "bye"? The most she can do is go back to her server and say "everyone on Antares was a cunt to me, here, look at this thread as proof." If there's one thing I've learned in my time, don't treat administrators like they're some kind of God. (No offense to our staff, I love you guys, but I treat people as equals.) We're all humans. We're not special. All of our lives will amount to nothing, we want to feel special but most of the time that's not going to happen, because let's face it, we all make mistakes in our lives, there's no such thing as saints. Admitting to them is great, but when you have to make excuses for being hostile to someone because they decided to knock on your door and say hi, maybe you should be the one thrown onto the streets.

9. skipi

skipi New Member

It had nothing to do with her being an administrator, it was the fact she couldn't resist sharing it. She was condescending and rude in the worst way possible, and proceeded to pretend to be a victim when called out for it.

10. The Big Bad Wolf

I am a shepherd of sorts clearly.

11. LaserLlamas

Then ignore it? No one ever said you had to post. You're using a computer. You have the option to undo a word you just typed. Sometimes I type "bitch" in something I say, I look back and think "Wait I shouldn't say that" and delete it.

12. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Perhaps it's time to look back at your post.

13. skipi

skipi New Member

I do not ignore it for the same reason that you don't ignore the "hate threads."
    You have an opinion that you feel you need to express.

14. LaserLlamas

And I have no trouble doing it calmly without insults (Unless I'm too tired to care). Think of it like this - Your boss is nagging you do work, you have to get it to his desk in half an hour, instead you just go, he's being hostile because he has a busy schedule and he has more people to yell at it, but you decide to yell back. A few minutes later you're carrying a box full of things on your desk and you're walking out of the building.

15. skipi

skipi New Member

This isn't a good analogy for whatever you're trying to say.

16. LaserLlamas

I'm saying your hostility has consequences. People like you and the rest who enjoy this tactic are the reason I hardly visit this community anymore. It's sickening. If you were to act that way in public you could have fun being shunned by everyone around you. You're only pushing away new players who may have not even looked at the forum yet because you decide "Hey, I'm going to be an ass to this guy because my opinion matters." Sometimes opinions are best left to yourself, because that's all they are, opinions, they aren't facts.

17. skipi

skipi New Member

You might have noticed hostility is not given out like candy. There is always a reason for it. It is not driving out anyone worth keeping.
    If you choose to leave because of the hostility that is in no way is directed toward you, that's your own decision.

18. skipi

skipi New Member

oh whatever narfy you dont know what you're talking about xD <3

19. LaserLlamas

Is that why I constantly see "Armored Wolves" being brought up when it's long and gone and over with? We definitely deserve it seeing as the faction has been dead for about four months now and members have gone their own ways.
    And if I follow this logic, I should be acting pretty hostile towards a list of people, but I don't, I find better solutions that don't involve degrading myself.
    There's always an easier solution. Personally I'm not interested in watching people bark back and forth like dogs over a piece of meat. Take it to a private conversation so you don't have to make others suffer for it.

20. skipi

skipi New Member

Armoured wolves was a pretty cringeworthy group. Just the name alone was awful and edgy as heck. I don't believe it will ever be brought up in a positive light by anyone outside of it.
    do what you want, mate