1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Wagon Full Speed] MARKUS KROSSWELL

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by M-Bot, Aug 8, 2014.

1. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Because his robot face is black I always think he's wearing black face because anytime of I think of him I think of the human version.

2. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

goddammit

3. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

But like... why would you want to be a robot? Going from an organic body where you have a sense of touch, and taste, and all of that, to being a robotic shell. Granted you might have ways of having artificial things for this, but it would never be the same. There is a reason why some glitch pine over organic life and what it offers.

If he had some sort of important work to carry on, I could see it, but being made into a glitch to just keep from being dead doesnt seem like a good life to have at all.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

It was due to his position in the RA. This was a "worst case scenario" thing - the transfer happened because he had been shot to hell on a mission and was barely clinging to life. That, coupled with additional stress from previous wounds, caused his body to simply start to fail. The scientists deemed him important enough (remember that Crosswell is the chief weapons developer of the Armada, the head of the war machine, so to speak) to save, and so took a very big risk in an attempt to transfer his brain and thus his experiences and skills into a new body, so he might continue to serve the RA.

"Sacrifice yourself so the common people don't have to," and all that. If it was any other faction, and if he was in any other position, he would have died. Crosswell himself didn't want it, but he was in no position to reject it. It's not supposed to be a "beep boop I am now awesome robutt" thing, but rather "you will continue to survive so you may serve your people and further our power". The best analogy I can offer is that of Darth Vader, actually.

5. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

That would be all well and good, but with the RA gone, do you actually have a purpose for him, or is he semi retired?

6. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

He's semi-retired for now until either the general storyline of the RA has it come back to the sector or he stops having an existential crisis long enough to find a new purpose for himself. Another option is to simply have his ship leave to rejoin the Armada.

Either way, the pause has given me time to actually focus on other characters for a change, which is nice in a way.