1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Unauthorized Mod Usage

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Hawke, May 25, 2014.

1. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Sadly SBSE isn't currently compatible with OSX so it's my only option.

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I thought SBSE was browser based.

EDIT: It is. Cross-platform compatible.

3. Izzida

Izzida New Member

No the player files are different on a mac and I looked it up on the forum after it refused to accept mine. It won't be compatible until the browser version comes out. If you'd like I can find the post about it but I believe it came up in the old thread I made initially. It was closed I believe but you could probably easily find it. Or I could go try to look it up.

4. Izzida

Izzida New Member

5. Izzida

Izzida New Member

With this message coming out I just wanted to doublecheck to avoid getting in any kind of trouble. I'm always careful to remove it before going back on the server but if that would be harming the server I can try to get people to SBSE things for me. But starbound on OSX has a lot of differences including no start-up page which prevents multi-clienting being possible. The files are generally very different so anything involving altering of the files is different. Starcheat has a separate OSX version for this reason.

6. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

I've been using SBSE for the characters on my Mac for ages, and I can confirm that it works perfectly fine. You just have to look for the .player files and edit them in SBSE. Keep in mind that your file has to say ".player" and that it's not an outdated file. For some reason, there's a lot of outdated files in the player map of a Mac's starbound, but that doesn't mean you can just drop every .player file in there to see if it works.

SBSE works perfectly fine for both Mac and Windows users, so please use that instead of the dye mod.

7. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Are you using Maverick or an older version of OSX like mountainlion or something? I could be doing something horribly wrong somehow. I looked into the forums for SBSE and I found another people using a mac with the same problem and the creator stating he'd looked into then later and it should be resolved in the desktop version? But perhaps they made the same mistake I made? I haven't tried since that initial forum I linked to was made. If you're using a mac perhaps you could message me and tell me exactly what you do I don't claim to be good at this stuff. I just really don't want to mess up the server. If I've just made some stupid mistake and caused any damage to the server then I apologize. Message me so we don't clog this forum if you have the time if not perhaps I'll go try again. Thank you.

8. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

inb4
    [​IMG]

9. OptionalFingers

Posting a message in here instead of sending a PM, because I'm pretty sure this will be of use for other Mac users as well.

My Mac is fully up to date, and is currently rocking OS X 10.9.2. So this tutorial should work for everyone with the same OS.

Just open a finder window and go to your Starbound folder. Where you can find this folder can be found on the internet. When you reach this map, go to the Player map.
    [​IMG]

When you get in the player folder, you're probably greeted with a lovely number of files, like this.
    [​IMG]

All you have to do then is type .player in the search box and look for files like that in the Player map. You'll get a nice list of .player files and their back-up files (.bak). If you see a .player file without a number of back-up files, you can just delete them, because they're outdated files and they won't be of any use.
    [​IMG]

The remaining .player files should all work just fine when put into SBSE, and can just be edited. When you're done editing, just save the file and download it. After that you can put it in the Player map and replace the old file.

10. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

SBSE Does not work for me so I just colour items using starcheat but for now I can only get them pink and blue-ish..

11. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

Well anyways I have none of these mods so I'm good for now and if I ever see one that might be cool I check in with Hawke to see if it's not gon' be bad for the server.

12. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Someone's been having some laggy fun :(

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The browser version of SBSE appears to be working just fine.

14. Grifter

Grifter New Member

gg

15. Grifter

Grifter New Member

OKAY UNINSTALLED ALL MODS THAT WOULD CAUSE DAT JUNK IN THE SERVER WHICH I BARELY PLAY NOW SORRY HAWKE-SENPAI DON'T FART RAINBOWS ON ME

sorry for the caps i had to.

16. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

You can use SBBE on Mac. The browser version doesn't work on Safari though so you have to use Google chrome or something.

Experience - I color everything using SBBE because fuck doing it in Starcheat and I own a Mac Mini updated to the newest version OSX.

17. OptionalFingers

Safari? Isn't that a fancy word for Internet Explorer on Mac?

18. Izzida

Izzida New Member

Welp, that would be my problem. I was on Safari after moving to my new laptop. I really haven't had it long and never bothered, a true testament to laziness really. Though I recently switched to chrome because safari was awful u-u; I got SBSE to work now so no more dye bucket. Thanks guys.

19. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

I like it. I don't really need a fancy browser so I just use that... Works fast and I have no problems on mine.

20. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I wouldn't put the two on the same level just because they're default browsers. Safari is much better than IE in terms of performance, usability, and function.