1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Tips on avoiding florans.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Iridium616, Aug 29, 2014.

1. VaporDispersion

VaporDispersion Superflappy Dogefish

Floran no ssstabs, Floran jussst wants 2 partay k? If see Floran with huge flo-fro give her drinksss and, like, omigoshssss, playss some musicsss n dance n shite. Floran no care if meatsss, Floran just want to haev good time k? Like, omigoshsss, Floran saw other floran on starnet ripping arm off guy n liek ... WHUT? Dat not cool! Meatsss need armsss to hold up glowsssticksss n hit da booze. Liek, SO NOT COOL. SMH SMH SMH K? lol maybe Floran got bit angry, but liek, ssstill loves evryun whu partiezzz k?

Liek, if u don stahp kill n cannibalizn peepzz w nevr gon be lookd at as EKWL ... EQL... EQWAL!

Floran thinking of making sssshirt with words, thinkingsss bout it lotsss, liek, check eet: "DROP BEATSSS NOT MEATSSS" (LOL ORIGINAL IDEA DO NUT STEAL PLZ) [jk s for good cauz, steel all u wnt] ^.^

B FWENDLY >:3 K? *Holdsss up glowsticksss* PLUR, K?

Wafflzzz n Booozzzzz,

-FLRNRVRGRRL

2. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

???

***This message was powered by Intergalactic Electronic Systems - For All Your Communicative Needs!***

3. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Quick423-

Well, being a Floran myself, I'd say bringing in an air of confidence and assertiveness is key. You can't look like easy pickings. Having a weapon on you helps as well. Avoid sticky situations and keep your guard up. NEVER pick fights, be it arguing or anything else. Hope this helps with "dealing" with Florans.

4. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

ok, well flora jussst wantsss to sssay DON'T BE A SSSTUPID RACCCISSST AND KIDNAP FLORANSSS AND THEN TORTURE FLORANSSS AND CUT SSSKIN OFF FLORANSSS ARMSSS AND BEAT UP FLORANSSS FACCCE AND SSSTOMACH AND CUT WORDSSS INTO FLORANSSS LEGSSS ALL BECAUSE ISSS A SSSTUPID FLORAN AND SSSAVAGE

5. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

...ok florans

wanna start proving you specifically are ok?

maybe stop turning a thread asking for help into a thread about yourselfs.

plcuk maybe you could even offer advice on how to deal with the "bad' florans but instead you just turn a thread of someone asking for advice on keeping safe into a big thread about how great you are

like this this helps

***This message was powered by Intergalactic Electronic Systems - For All Your Communicative Needs!***

6. VaporDispersion

liek omg, whut happen 2 u? wtf dats cray. Whu deed dat?

but liek, tekbrrd sed

Isss k. Floran knows not much liek othr flornzz, bt liek, grw up wif othr flrnzz, so liek,

Ehhh.

Frst off, flrnzzz smtiemz shifty, bt mst f da tiemzzz dey outright bout der emuthsionssss. So if Flrnzz act shifty round ya, runzz, is whut flrn doezz, met a flrn wif a pirate cap and wuz liek, "OMG DAT FLRN GON ROB MAH BOOZE MONI SMH SMH SMH" so ran away.

Scndly, if ssshifty flrnz round, ssstay in grup, k? Flrnz hunt as pack, k? liek, tribal shite. K? LOL eh... Flrn respect da pack, so git sum of yrr fwendzz (<3) n haev gud tiem, mebbeh evn raev n fro glowstickssss. Flrnzzz wll most liekliezz nt attack u. K?

Iss easy!

Haev gud tiem!

Wafflz n glowsticksss,

-FLRNRVRGRRL

7. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Since most of the Florans here insisting that since they only stabbed someone twice this month they're fit for society did not acknowledge any of my points whatsoever, allow me to sum them up a bit more succinctly:

- Some Florans /have/ adapted to civilized society. They are the exception, not the rule.
    - The Floran culture is one that glorifies violence, a primitive society thrust into the modern day - so long as they remain among us, this will not change.
    - Any species that has committed the unprovoked genocide of billions does not have a leg to stand on in calling another racist.

This discussion is necessary in this thread because one CANNOT avoid Florans in this sector, short of sitting in one's ship for their entire life. This is like releasing a hundred bears in every major city, letting them run free and occasionally maul someone, and telling those who are concerned to stay out of the cities instead of locking the bears back up. Just because one or two bears are less violent than the others does not discount the observable fact that the other bears are out killing people with no consequence beyond a slap on the wrist.

- Dysphot Waveguard

8. VaporDispersion

SMH @ Floransss who thinksss sstabbing iss only lief goal, liek LOL maek wuv (lol wubs) not war K? S easy jus rleax hn drop soem Molly, K?

wuld any1 b intrested n maekin charity againssst folran violens? Wuld call eet "Drop beatsss not meatsss", liek, get it k?

Maek Shirtsss n stuff, organiez partaaayzzz, raiz awareness, profitz go 2 victimsss, jus be good sencients beingsss k?

Is gud idea? LOL?

Frozn Yogurd n Bacon,

-FLRNRVRGRLL

9. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Annoyance: I've understood infants better than I can read this garbage.

-Margrave Raoul B217

10. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Floran culture doesn't glorify violence, floran culture IS violence. - Skarti

11. VaporDispersion

Whut? Iss just how floran typezz k?

-FLRNRVRGRRL

12. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Can we all just agree that nobody should instigate trouble or pick fights with anyone, regardless of their race and that overly agressive characters are to be detained and on repeated accounts of assault should be banned from specific colonies.
    Banning an entire race seems to be a bit excessive.
    I've once seen a Hylotl walk up to a bar, order a bottle of vodka, just to smash it onto the head of a "friendly Floran" who was just sipping her meatwine without being a nuisance or hazard to any of the other patrons in the bar.
    ((This actually happpend IC on Taranis a long time ago))
    Agression, although especially common in Florans, is not just limited to one race.
    I agree that agressors, especially if they are repeat-offenders, should be dealt with harshly, but it should happen on an individual basis without any racial, religious or other forms of bias.

~Oak

13. The Grand Mugwump

((Landpunch))
    Is dumb weak Floran fight with word. Go smash fish smashed Floran. Stop type at glowy word thing.

14. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

The agressor was dealt with by said Floran and she was aided by the Glitch authorities present.
    He got roughed up for this assault and was detained in the Taranis cell block. There was no need for this Floran to intervene.

~Oak

15. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Addendum. Another case similar to this one, somewhat long time ago, but still relevant.

Reminiscing. I was just tending the bar at Taranis, serving a drink to a Floran patron, enjoying the peace and quiet, some idle chatter. Then suddenly, some blue-haired human female waltzed in, tossed a bag of pixels at me, literally, and asked about "Bar-fighting rules", to which I replied: "Arena is downstairs, human."... After which said human pulled a Koto instrument from her back, and smashed it to the Floran patron's head, and said "Bring it, b**ch"...
    *synthetic sigh*

Informative. Said human spent a few nights in jail for assault, and was banned from Order space afterwards. As for the Floran patron, she had the common sense to not interfere with the moron's arrest.

Departing. Point is: All races are capable of violence, and great feats of stupidity...

16. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The vocal minority of florans in a tizzy here hardly accounts for the vast majority of florans who not only will maim a warm blooded creature on sight, but are incapable of even using Starnet to represent their savagery. For all the crying for respect, nobody deserves respect. You have to earn that. If you want people to treat you more then mass murdering genocide machines that your species has rightly been slapped with, maybe you should stop crying about it like it doesn't happen on a daily basis someplace, and worry about minding yourself instead.

Everyone should be cautious around florans for their own protection, and I hardly think that is something anyone should be trying to deny.

17. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Restating: I mean I'll just bring up a point I had since no one here seems to have the brain cells to understand it - Carry a fucking gun, know how to fire it, and stick with a group. Annoyance: My fucking word you people are the most idiotic beings I have come across in centuries, it's not hard to figure out that a gun beats a shank when it's in the hands of a blood thirsty Floran. -her voice jumbles and distorts- Annoyance: Hell it's easy to fucking keep your distance from a Floran. If you notice said Floran following you around, book it to a more populated area.

Order: Now stop bitching. You're all wasting your time. If the "good floran" prove themselves, then you yourself are in the wrong for accusing them of actions. Until they have proven themselves, follow the damn advice I've said several times now. Blunt: I'm expecting a mass Floran ban from all colonies in this sector within the week at this rate. That's all I'm getting from these idiotic discussions. Refirming: Attacking a Floran out of the blue without even knowing who they are just makes you as blood thirsty as them, so calm your tits and control yourselves. Annoyance: You people make it sound like watching your back is a fucking challenge...

-Margrave Raoul B217

18. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

Who here even mentioned "attacking a Floran out of the blue without knowing who they are"? The portion of the galaxy who knows how to use a gun is extremely low, and most major governments have taken a stance against the Florans ((OOC: Avians and whatever canon leadership Glitch have, I think? Assuming that the one long Avian history file is still canon. Also the USCM, because they hate all non-humans)). This sector is disproportionately filled with both regular gun-users and Florans, but that will not last forever. Eventually, things must settle down if there is to be any sort of self-sustainment in Antares, and this progress is slowed if your neighbor considers you a potential snack.

I am not proposing that all the Florans be slaughtered - I am sure that there are some genuinely civilized ones, though I have yet to meet any. But the major governments in this area must seriously weigh the pros and cons of allowing the more savage Florans to roam free within their communities. If this prevents even one more death, isn't it worth it?

- Dysphot Waveguard

19. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

((FFFFFFF- The USCM is not canonically Xenophobic! It never says this! EVER! Although, seeing as they have had armed conflict with the Florans, might be something there.)) Ya're preachin' to the deaf, boyo. Can't fight these 'social justice' movements. Florans wanna play victim, an' half the frontier's too naive t' know better. People who push'm on the Net 'r half preaching, half wallowing in self-pity.
    -Monroe

20. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

*Hans*
    I really agree with this. I mean, a lot of Florans can be a dangerous, and it makes sense to be cautious... but there's also plenty of ones that are rather nice.
    I mean, I was marooned on some backwater planet for several days, and then I was locked in a ship's brig (which in retrospect totally makes sense to have happened), and then I ended up on Taranis, where I met plenty of Florans who helped me get adjusted to life in this sector. I mean, I'd probably be dead or insane if I hadn't met them, so yeah. But like I said earlier, there are all different kinds of people, and it is in our nature to fight, so yeah, caution is a good choice.
    I mean, what I'm saying is that Florans can prove themselves to be nice.
    Sorry, I'm not really a good debater.