1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Tips on avoiding florans.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Iridium616, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Aero

Aero New Member

...People are never to sure; especially now-a-days. And I'm not trying to put you down to be mean when I say this; but I dislike cookies. Anyways. I'm done here. Peeeeace.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

2. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

Good way to avoid floransss isss to not be a ssstupid fishy HSSS HSSS HSSS HSSS

-Fishstabber

3. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Blunt: A Floran is only a threat if you make it one. Explaining: Those who are able to even get to New Chicago in the first place at least have some common sense. Amusement: I mean when you go and trip a Floran because they were in your way though, you're just another piece of shit floating in space. Of course they're going to attack you. Personally I'd beat the shit out of you too! Query: Did you not once think to ask them if you could pass? Or to even wait the Floran out?

Sarcasm: Oh no, they have a knife! They're going to stab someone! Nonchalant: Get a gun and keep your distance, problem solved. Blunt: I've seen more violence with people who weren't Floran. At least a Floran is easy to tell if they're in the wrong or not. Annoyance: But then you have all these stupid Humans or Fish Fucks bitching and moaning about how life is unfair. Addendum: No offense towards you Omizu, you don't fall under that category.

Resuming: While it's natural for Hylotl to have a hatred for Floran, what with them destroying your planet, assuming that /all/ Floran are going to slit your throat and eat you up is rather stupid. It's like you're committing genocide on the ones who weren't even involved in your's.

Blunt: If you're /that/ worried about being attacked by a Floran, stick in a group of people. A Floran isn't going to hurl themselves at a group of three, they know better.

-Margrave Raoul B217

4. Aero

Aero New Member

Another example when you walk away. Thank you, Fish-stabber.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

5. Coldmaj

Coldmaj Member

That's like saying, "It's okay to have man-eating carnivorous animals around! As long as you keep them fed and don't approach them, they'll only kill like a few of us!". Sentient or not, Florans are a threat, and not all of us carry weapons, or bring multiple friends over to just have a fucking coffee in the morning...

-Aiva

6. LaserLlamas

Suggestion: Get a gun and some friends, then, if you can't even defend yourself.

-Margrave Raoul B217

7. Spinach Pirate

ssstupid fishy! isss "Fishssstabber" not "Fish-ssstabber" floran wantsss to ssstab fish now

-Fishstabber

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

>>>User: AvosApothecary<<<
    >>>Start Public Message<<<

You are saying we should all be soldiers and mercenaries and renegades with an itchy trigger finger? No thank you. I'd rather just live where it's safe.

As for the argument that "Doing nothing to them will mean they'll do nothing to you" is purely false. Florans hunt other sentient beings. That's what they do, it's what they're infamous for. I hardly imagine half their victims offended them. That, or it takes very little to offend them.

>>>End Public Message<<<

9. LaserLlamas

Query: Now where did I say any of this? Restating: Get a gun. Get some friends. A Floran won't off themselves trying to kill three people whom they can't handle all at once. Amusement: Safety in numbers. As long as you at least do this, you're odds are 50/50 then, if only half their victims offended. Blunt: Actually 80% chance of survival. You have a gun, and two other friends with a gun. And it's just a single Floran.

-Margrave Raoul B217

10. Aero

Aero New Member

Now that is a 1st degree example of Florans trying to make anything and everything a problem or a challenge. And another example of walking away. Thank you, Fissshstabber.

-Omizu Suiyoubi

11. Spinach Pirate

thanksss for sssaying right name thisss time, floran will not ssstab thisss time, asss thanksss for not being asss ssstupid asss could be

-Fishstabber

12. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

"Personally, I never have problems with 'em... They tend just to leave you alone as long as you don't pick fights with them."
    -Malton

13. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I always carry a mirror with me... they find reflective light to be the most amusing thing!
    ~Miya

14. DeltaV

DeltaV New Member

I've got no problems with Florans, except that one tried to kill my dog once, and another shot me in the head before that. Fun times.

- Ryan

15. Thewaltham

Thewaltham New Member

"Oh I want to avoid Florans because they're so scaaaary!"

Kindly fuck off. If you wanted to avoid us, you wouldn't antagonize us at every damn opportunity you get. I mean, for fucks sake, you broke my guitar, which took a whole THREE HOURS to fix. Asshat.

=Sprocket=

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Florans are nice!

-Gillian<3

17. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Shari-
    I am just trying to say, that I should be able to visit a colony without being a trained soldier or a walking armory. Everyone's like 'Florans are not a big threat' 'You're a racist' 'Fuck off' 'Douchebag', but they don't understand that I just want to be able to visit a colony, without worrying about getting stabbed every second. And then you'll be like 'Oh but, any sentient race can do that!'. Of course, they can. But florans are stronger, it's a fact. And I'm weak. And a hylotl, hell, most of them want to kill me already, simply because I'm a hylotl, and all of them can simply because they're in the same room.
    Now, is this my fault, because I'm a weakling? NO.
    I'm just saying, colonies should grow up and ban florans that havn't been reviewed to confirm they're not savage asshats.

I am just being reasonable by being this paranoid.

18. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

You iss jusst bein a racissst whiner. Grow up.

19. Spinach Pirate

yesss floran agree, peoplesss should jussst shut up and then floran will not eatsss them, isss good trade floran thinksss

-Fishstabber

20. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

Or perhapss sshut up? Ony ban Floranss that have actually comitted heinouss crimess on the colony.
    -NS-