1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

THIS HUMAN IS A SMUGGLER.

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Sen, Nov 3, 2014.

1. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

You've never been to New Chicago, have you?
    -Fuck_you_I_don't_need_a_name

2. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

You mean New Rubble? Foreshadowing.

-Panzerkorps1315

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Cute.

-Skarti

4. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

I know right? those fleeters are such awesome guys!

~GwenTheMagnificent

5. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute

A wild pidgeon has appeared.

Don't go pooping on our statues

MuteTheGreen

6. Kirby teh Pink

Strange how humans feel it's appropriate to accuse you of defecating on things so casually.

And they consider themselves an advanced race. -Skarti

7. Switchback

TWEET TWEET MOTHERFUCKER. TWEET TWEET

~GwenTheMagnificent

8. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Mocking. Ladies and gentlemen, lets all add "Tweet" to the list of appropriate bird calls that the avians make.
    -Fleetfeet211

9. Optimism

Optimism Guest

-Loose Beak

Whether being on the brink of war or being on the brink of societal collapse are any better or worse than the other is an opinion. I would argue that tension and animosity are lower on the scale of undesirables as opposed to near-constant killings, robberies, bombings, and kidnappings, which have collapsed an entire colony and threaten to claim more. It's regrettable to hear someone who comes off as objective and reasonable declare that this is better than the presence of the laws of my people.

I myself do not believe our home's fleet ever did anything to incite or provoke war with the Florans here, but the exact extent of that tension is beyond my knowledge.

Hm. I think it's safe to say you've displayed obvious bias in the Order's favor, considering I'm aware of constituents who find your laws inadequate and the presence of any significant protection sporadic and isolated. Enough kidnappings, injuries, and assaults have occurred on Taranis to make it obvious that this Order is a shell of its former presence by now.

I should also point out you know nothing about our fleet or religion beyond exaggerations, stereotypes, and incorrect banter likely spread by Grounded who had no contact with Avos themselves, or its way of life.

A pity.

Can you smell the smoke?

Antares is burning.

#29 Optimism, Nov 4, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2014
  10. TheAngryMelon

TheAngryMelon The most furious fruit

Months ago, when the Holy Fleet still resided in Antares, they proposed a planet-wide ban of the Floran population on the colony of Liberty Mills. Any Floran's caught on the colony would be killed on sight, costing multiple Florans their lives.
    The action, and particular wording of their announcement, angered the two prominent tribes in the sector, to the point where one of them was looking to construct a fleet of warships to eventually attack Liberty Mills and force the Holy Fleet out of Antares.

I apologize if I have come across as rude or biased, however after both myself and a close friend were forced into hiding as a result of the Fleet's actions, I hope you understand why I say what I say.

- SpeakNoEvil

11. Sen

Sen Guest

Funny how the assault and murder rate plummeted after the ban. Assuming you exclude all the Florans who came during the ban, to a concrete barren industrial world that rains fire from the sky, to see if we would really shoot them.

After we demanded them to leave, shot them because they refused our demands / attacked us, these Florans would usually then go to trick some idiots into thinking the big bad Fleet was hunting them down and driving them from their homes. This is, of course, a lie, as expected from these talking plants - there was only one registered Floran resident before the ban came in place, and none after.

Some of the more exceptionally stupid Florans would come back again, after all that, and act surprised when we shot them dead.

- Nitocris

edit: floran warships lmco

12. TheAngryMelon

Well of course it plummeted. You can't gas a forest and then question why the wildlife stopped moving.
    My point is that the act of imposing the ban was the reason things escalated so much.

Nobody wants to hear that they're banned from somewhere when they didn't even do anything to begin with.

Also, when did this turn into a discussion about the Holy fleet? Wasn't this originally concerning the human smuggler?

13. TheAngryMelon

It seems I've already reached the point where I'm saying things that I already regret... You're right, I apologize for that.

Very well, I fold. Concede. Quit. Whatever.
    There's no point continuing a debate that I've already lost. I wasn't trying to raise any tempers, and if I have then I'm sorry.

Fleet or no fleet, you're right Loose-Beak.
    Antares is burning, I just wonder if anybody plans to put it out.

- SpeakNoEvil

14. Kirby teh Pink

Even now, long after the fleet's departure, morons still refuse to acknowledge the facts.

The ban was put in place in RESPONSE to heightened floran aggression towards the fleet, intel was received that several tribes were planning offensive action against their holdings on liberty mills, so it was an understandable precaution.
    Not to mention any unarmed floran visitors were given a clear warning upon arrival. The ones that perished were those who were foolish enough to ignore said warnings.

Why is it that people always believe floran reports on the matter and never actually ask someone involved with the fleet at the time?

It amuses me to see you apologise for an event you were not present for, and clearly have little understanding of.
    Someone ate my beakseed this morning, will you apologise for that, too? -Skarti

15. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

If Antares is burning, then you know what? I like living in the flames. I'm fire-proof, and damn proud of it. It's better than having the bullshit laws of the US or some perspectively insane religion shoved in my face.
    -Salamander [Previously Fuck_you_I_don't_need_a_name]

16. Sen

Sen Guest

The only law regarding religion was against blasphemy. The only insane aspect is why someone would come to territory controlled by those faithful to Kluex for the sole reason of denouncing Him.

We never forced anyone into Kluex's light. We only forced fool foreigners off our territories.

- Nitocris

17. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

BUNKER
    The RA is still just as shit.

18. Kirby teh Pink

Oh please. "The mistakes of my people" ? You're legitimizing this one's warped version of the truth in an attempt to gain favour with them. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those pathetic, self-loathing grounded, desperately trying to assimilate into another's culture. -Skarti

19. Switchback

Yeah grounded suck! all hail Kulex!

~GwenTheMagnificent

20. Fiery Wither Rose

Fiery Wither Rose TheOneMute