1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I'm gonna ask why you don't trust them. Sure, some stupid stuff has happened in the past, but these are new mods, Kazyyk is working on his turnaround, and is doing quite well at it, and they have been nothing but great for the community thus far. I don't see what the problem is with them pointing out that the community is getting unruly. This isn't them out to get you. This isn't them deciding to ban everyone who makes them the slightest bit upset. This is them simply giving their last warning to the community as a whole, and everyone else blowing it out of proportion assuming that they're going to go Robocop or Judge Dredd on everyone.

2. Rezima

Rezima New Member

With this? Honestly, no, I don't. You are imagining problems where there are none, we aren't giving anyone special treatment, we aren't going out of our way to persecute anyone, we aren't forming elitist groups and laughing at those on the outside. We are doing exactly what we say we are doing, nothing more, nothing less.

3. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Can I contact you in a message, or would you like me to state something out in the open for all to hear?

4. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

I think perhaps you should stop turning this into a public ordeal and take it to a private conversation where it belongs. You're making a scene that is hurting more than just yourself because of a personal matter that is best dealt with in private, or moved on from.

Edit: If this ISN'T a private ordeal, I recommend you organize your thoughts, gather evidence, and bring it to the attention of the mods. Not continue this vague, wishy-washy rampage against the "man".

5. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Well I've messaged moderators before, not in this specific case, but they have a pretty good habit of ignoring my messages. So, I'll be waiting. You want me to settle down about these 'mountains' you guys don't want me to be springing up, message me. Like, right now, and don't ignore me because that doesn't help anyone.

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Being extremely irrationally violent (and therefore being a danger to the public) can be considered a personality trait. Why do you think prisons are called (ironically) correctional facilities? Its to correct "bad" behavior. It sounds like an excuse, it IS an excuse. You can be blunt, you can curse, you can poke a little bit of fun, as long as its not in any way an attempt to make someone else feel bad.
    As far as the mod thing goes I agree with you though, and its our responsibility to make sure we keep the mods in line as much as they do us.

7. Avis

I definitely agree with this. This seems to be more of a personal vendetta, instead of something that is out of legitimate concern for the community. As eager as I am to hear some 'incriminating evidence' or other completely unrelated and pointless gossip - it has no place here.

8. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I am not doing this again, Tap

9. Avis

Not gonna lie, claiming that being rude is just part of your personality is quite frankly, a bad excuse. Like I said earlier, if you can't perform common courtesy, then you need to ask your parents to re-raise you. In all honesty, I'd imagine what you see as yourself being rude is just you being blunt. And in all honesty, that's okay.

10. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Check that parental privilege. Some people don't have parents.

11. Avis

Fair enough. In that case, I suppose it's not an excuse.

Damn you, invictus69.

12. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Give me this one chance. I'm asking you as a friend.

13. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

GOD-FUCKING DAMN IT THAT IS THE WORD I WAS LOOKING FOR, THANK YOU!!! *Thankful hug*

Yeah, that's the word I meant. I'm as blunt as a mace. Also about as sharp as one when it comes to any sort of speaking or typing unfortunately.

TAP, TAKE IT, TO PMs.

14. Avis

Alright, I say this phrase a lot, but here goes again: Not gonna lie.
    You're making this more about yourself having past issues with mods, instead of trying to discuss any possible issues with the mods' most recent announcement. Your posts are unmerited, unnecessary, and so far, they appear to be quite unfair. Please either drop it, or take it elsewhere.

15. Avis

Glad I could help <3

16. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

For the sake of fairness, if he feels the issue involving himself, mods, or other players is being unresolved, or he is being treated unfairly, he can try to post it in the open for others to judge. By doing so however he agrees to all critcisms/scrutiny that comes from it, which if its not as big a deal as he makes it to sound, can mean a lot of people firing criticisms at him. And tap seems like the type who can't take criticism very well.

17. Avis

I am trying to say that he should take it elsewhere. Saying that he could also drop it is saying that if it's not actually worth bringing up, then he should stop trying to make a fuss.

18. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I gave you my answer days ago, bring up your issues with the other moderators, bring whatever evidence you have to back up your claims and they will sort it out with you, but I will not be involved

19. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Enough. Lock this thread already.

20. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

This something else the Mods should take note of. If you feel that you are in any way involved with the person(s) filing a complaint/have a complaint filed against them try to keep yourself out of it, or bring in another mod to ensure you arn't being unintentionally biased. I'm not saying to distance yourself from the community, just to do whatever it takes to make sure everything is as fair as possible.

Why? There may be more questions others have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.