1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

And that is your own opinion on the matter, we see no reason to take any action against him however

2. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

3. Rezima

Rezima New Member

*Is extremely aware of the irony*

4. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Stupid man... Stop Drop and Roll! You Fool! It's elementary school stuff!!!

5. Azeliblehblehbleh

Azeliblehblehbleh New Member

1. Nobody was implying Kazyyk is god
    2. Everyone knows it's an rp server it's kind of why we're here
    3. Yes Kaz is awesome for that
    4. Just because nothing is permanent doesn't mean that people aren't invested in it.

This is a pivotal issue. Not because it's permanent, but because what's happening here does have a very real effect on people. Some people are sensitive to being insulted or having things happen, sometimes because they have very little control in real life. That isn't an excuse, but we can't say that their feelings are invalid just because they're more sensitive than others, and some people are so not sensitive that you could whack them with a hammer and nothing. Doesn't mean they can treat others the same way. Hopefully Antares will be around for a long time to come because I will be very sad if it ever went kablooey.

Referring to the part you said about people needing to understand that the roleplayers aren't their characters? If someone doesn't realize that, they need to learn it fast. It isn't okay to confuse people with their characters, just like it isn't okay to confuse cosplayers with the people they're cosplaying as, or actors with the characters they act as, or voice actors the characters they voice.

The main thing is, Tap, humans are dicks. It's in our nature to be bad at communicating-- not an excuse, just a fact. That's why it's even more important that we reinforce civility and discourage harmful interactions as much as possible. A lot of us are already civil, but there are some bad seeds in every bunch, and this is an attempt to help weed them out or reform them.

However, the administrators are real administrators, and the mods really are moderators. You can't just devalue the work of these people like that for no reason.

I'm really worried about you 'giving up on this place' and saying 'it's easy to see it's not a permanent solution'. I'd hate to see you go but this is kind of the thing I want to see less of. You're devaluing people's hard work (do those volunteers need to be spending all their time fixing our problems without much thanks? no, so don't be insulting them by saying they aren't even moderators / administrators, because they are staff members and I can guarantee you'd be upset if that kind of talk was aimed at you if you were staff, because I've been in their shoes. Their jobs are not easy, and they have to balance it with real life, too; and the fact that you're saying that about Kazyyk is pretty toxic in my books, not because he's an admin, but because he's working hard. I don't agree with anyone devaluing his work when he is doing an amazing fucking job and pouring his time and money into a project that he didn't need to start).

On top of that you're also saying that their attempts to prevent a problem from happening isn't good enough. Maybe it isn't, but you aren't coming up with any ideas of your own to help them out. This is a grey area, there are no right answers, and the one staff is proposing now is the best one they can come up with. If anyone has a better idea they should suggest it because otherwise this is the best we have.

Maybe in the future, Tap, you should rethink what you're about to post. I'm not saying this was a bad idea, but you made me lose a bit of respect for you by stating you're giving up on Antares because someone referenced 'the biblical flood' and you misinterpreted it. Not to mention that you put down our staff.

Hopefully I'm misunderstanding you, just like you misunderstood the bible reference, because this isn't okay.

#105 Azeliblehblehbleh, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The burden of being an admin, moderator, or any part of any administration/Staff.
    Nobody reads your words personally anymore. It's always an "official statement".
    I'm just a man like any other. The only difference is I know the admin password.

7. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

You could not consider the rules, or take them seriously, if you want. I don't think thats a good idea, but i'm not going to tell you what to do.

8. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Hell I would have been harsher. I'd bring the wrath of the titans down on anyone who gave me the reason to, even a little bit of a reason.
    Can I be a mod now?

9. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

[​IMG]

10. Azeliblehblehbleh

Azeliblehblehbleh New Member

Me first

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

12. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

That popcorn for Admin, nomination cast!

13. Animator

Animator New Member

Sigh.

The announcement itself was not meant to imply any actual changes on how we do our moderation, it is only a direct response to what has been apparent to many as escalations of perceived hostility. Kindly take off your tinfoil hats, we're not lynching anyone. We're just making it clear that these escalations that have been going on (of any side of the equation) are going to be dealt with in a more stringent, more organized fashion. The announcement of the private report forum is evidence of this: Instead of taking it to PM to us, you'll be doing it there where we can chime in and facilitate our next moves on something that isn't based privately in group PM that can easily get lost and buried on the various other messages we get on a daily basis.

It was sorta put down as a footnote, but something I'd like to make clear: If you're going to do reports, you need evidence. The personal report section isn't a private place to rant about something you don't like and then maybe, if you wish hard enough, we'll dispose for you. As it's always been, we need concrete evidence. If you genuinely feel like someone has done something wrong against our CoC, here's what you need to do:
    • Get screenshots or logs
    • Post a thread in that forum explaining what the issue is
    • Post said screenshots and logs (explaining the context behind it helps)
    • Wait for any responses, which will most certainly will be
    The report subforum is for in-game problems and community related problems. If it's a forum problem, you've got the handy report button that's plastered on every single other post on here, so there's no need to post about it there unless it's relevant. If you report someone and there's either no evidence or very little, chances are that (unless we look into it further ourselves and even then if we turn up anything), the answer is gonna be a no. If the problem involves purely personal things outside of the community that are unrelated to ours, don't even bother. It's outside our jurisdiction, and we're not here to tell you how to live your lives.

Simply put, we're not here to babysit. All of you are old enough to be aware of your actions; this announcement was geared to, in simpler terms, tell you that we're not treating you like kids anymore with the childish attitudes that have been presented lately, from various people involved.

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You can apply when there's an available position.

15. Spinach Pirate

Spinach Pirate The Adorable Spinach

16. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

That means that he likes your style, and he wants you to apply ;)

17. The Grand Mugwump

[​IMG]

18. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

I fully disagree with deleting posts that add to the conversation.
    Unless it's blatant trolling, posts shouldn't be deleted.
    IMO.

19. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

It was a jokey joke. I'd be the fucking Judge Dredd of mods.
    You act out of line? BANNED.
    You say something bout how I'm modding? BANNED.
    Did I just catch you having fun? BANNED FROM LIFE ITSELF.

20. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.