1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Gonna drop my two cents here:
    Most of us seem to be doing okay for the most part. You shouldn't be worried, since we have a sensible and reasonable mod team. This isn't them trying to punish the playerbase, this is them trying to fix problematic players who have otherwise refused to straighten up. We have good guys with us, and this doesn't mean they'll use a permanent ban for the slightest offense. They have other methods, they're simply saying that they will start taking action against people who do harmful things, such as open insults, unnecessary or hostile posting, etc.
    As far as knowing what's acceptable to do in the community, read the Code of Conduct. It is open to interpretation, but if you don't understand how to be a courteous individual, you need to live with your parents a few more years and ask them to teach you the basic manners they apparently never did. All the mods are doing is asking you to act the way you said you would when you joined, which most people are already doing a fine job of.

There's no need to worry, we have some good guys running this stuff, and good guys playing with us; there's just a few troublesome people.

2. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Ever hear of the bliblical great flood?

3. Avis

Sorry for the double post, but nowhere did the mods say you would receive an instaban. They still have other methods to use, as well as referring to the council of them for disciplinary actions.

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

So why invest in this community if most of the people are cynical and mean?

5. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

this new "zero tolerance" policy will only force people to become passive-aggressive, blurring the lines between criticism and personal attacks to the point of people simply getting banned for both

post at your own risk

chances are I'll be getting banned for good sometime soon, and when that happens there will be a void

that void will be filled, and whoever fills it may not be as reasonable, obvious or forthright as me (and I am none of these things)

6. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

The only people who need to be worried are the ones who might get in trouble for actions and behaviors.

Be good, and ya won't have a problem.

7. Avis

Gonna take Jim's spotlight, and just say this:

MUH FREEDOMS

8. skipi

skipi New Member

This just seems to be like an excuse for the moderators to hold a gun to specific players' heads and whisper to themselves, "Give me a reason."

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

They're not.

10. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It's not.

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

This is correct.

12. skipi

skipi New Member

I don't understand the point of this, then. Wasn't it already against the rules to just act outright rude to others? What's changed with this?

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You are not fulfilling a needed purpose by doing what you do.

14. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

I see a couple personal issues people are having with this rule and the one that sticks out to me, or that I want to address is about people feeling nervous. Like...
    Good. I feel like that was said in jest but if anyone actually feels like thay have to stop and actually think about what they say that makes it better for the community. No one likes a dickhead, not calling anyone out here I just mean in general. Also, if you (not pointing you out frohman, I mean anyone) are being a dick then I, or anyone else for that matter, shouldn't have to put up with it, in any way.
    You know how they say "Ignore bullies"? Thats stupid, don't ignore bullies, shut them down, make them feel sorry they decided to be bullies.
    "But glorious Invictus sempai, what if we aren't being dicks? "
    Thats another matter entirely. I'm not focusing on people being wrongly accused of toxic behavior, I'm talking about people who ARE being toxic.

15. Avis

Even if it was, then that's on those players for not following the CoC in the first place, let alone the likelihood of them ignoring the mods' warnings.

As previously stated several times, bans are not the only disciplinary measure the mods are resorting to.

16. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Don't feel conscious about your posts, trust me, if we haven't spoken to you before about flaming and the like we likely won't now.
    You, like %90 of the community will likely never hear from us about anything you post.

Unless you go out of your way to insult someone, you have nothing to worry about, say whatever you want, criticize whoever you want, feel free to tell us how you think our ideas are terrible or could be improved, we won't fault anyone for that. but the moment that criticism shifts into a personal attack against someone, 'hey dumbass, your idea is stupid' for example, THEN it is an issue

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

It was, yes, but it got out of control. This is an attempt to cut it back. Nobody will be permanently banned. Nobody will be banned outright without being informed of what they did, why it was wrong, and will have the right to file an appeal.

18. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Yes, this, just this

19. Avis

Yay I helped

20. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

If its unbiased I don't see a problem with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.