1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I like to think we are all intelligent people here, when you post something simply ask yourself if it is rude, malicious, offensive or insulting, the answer should be fairly obvious. We aim to be a neutral party on this, only moderating issues that players report to us. This is a community driven idea, if the community doesn't take issue with certain posts, neither will we, there is no point in punishing someone for something we find wrong if the rest of the community doesn't agree with us

2. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I would take the amended tone over the first one.

3. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Nobody should be a bad guy. But you have to ask why people see you that way.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Not ERP though. That's bad.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

The few and the loud are only some, not all. It is impossible to please the all.

6. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Your post is critical. You addressed something I said in a non offensive way. If you were to say.
    "Hey dickhead how do we know when people are being critical or problematic, cause everyone is a giant clucking baby and likes to cry, like you, idiot."
    Then that would be kinda not cool. It stops becoming criticism when people start throwing in hard language or personal attacks to ones character. I get that some people like to curse, and thats fine if they aren't attacking anyone, and some people come off kind of rude, but thats fine if they're making legitimate critcisms on something. As long as you don't attack anyone verbally you're golden.

7. skipi

skipi New Member

The problem with this system is that arguments can be easily skewed against someone because they don't have the right to tell their side of the story. What might be a horrible atrocity to one person might just be accidentally breaking a block to another. The moderators are only going to get one side.

This new change of rule only enforces the idea that the system is so easily abused.

8. Rezima

Rezima New Member

No one should feel like they are in constant danger of being banned because of this, so far everything said here is completely okay, its all constructive criticism and legitimate concerns

9. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

It just seems that, at this point, the staff has thrown up their hands and gone 'y'know what? fuck resolving conflicts' and then decided that the best course of action is just to ban anyone who is being too much of a meanieface, after a-

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

oh no
    oh god no

YOUR POST AS CLOCKED IN AT A MEASURED SEVEN TOXICITY UNITS, YOU ARE HEREBY ASSIGNED THE CRIMINAL RANKING OF 'CYBERBULLY'

DOLING OUT ADMINISTRATIVE ACTION NOW, PLEASE WAIT AT YOUR CURRENT LOCATION, CYBERCOPS INBOUND

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

10. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH ERP IF ITS NOT ON THE SERVER. *explodes*

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

We pause before we act, so that we may learn what is needed to act smartly.

12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

With this new rule, it makes me even more conscious about my comments than before...
    I don't like it.
    If you get offended, you can do one simple thing. Theres a little thing in the bottom left of your screen, might look like a Orange, Green, Blue, and Yellow tiled square? Yeah click on that, now click Shut Down.
    Then go outside and experience the real world.

13. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

Well understand where I'm coming from, you can't be perfectly neutral, that's nearly impossible. You guys are human after all, right? If you guys can step back and ask yourselves some hard questions, or step back from bias, then cool. Hard question here. What happens if most of the community doesn't care about other people, and supports toxic behavior? Or someone who's supported by the community flames someone else, but doesn't get punished because the community and the moderators see no issue with it?

Really fun though, must be pretty taxing with all these perspectives. Did you guys prepare for the floodgates to be unleashed or what? XD

14. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Why would we only hear one side? We investigate both sides of EVERY issue before coming to a decision on anything.

15. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Yeah, same feeling I got from the OP. Not really the best message to send to the server.

16. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Not to sound mean... but thats kinda whats happening already with some people. me being one of them..

17. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Please stop antagonizing us for trying to make the community experience better for all involved. Thank you.

18. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

What if the all are toxic?

19. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

God help us.

20. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

Please stop throwing buzzwords at me for being concerned that a new rule that is basically the staff coming out and issuing a ban threat to the entire server will not actually have positive benefits. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.