1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Toxicity Issue

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Rezima, Aug 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olivia

Olivia New Member

Leave him/her alone. A lot of his/her points are valid, but people are just eager to see him/her get banned. Tut tut tut.

2. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Seeing as it's changed nothing, perhaps that ban should be reinstated or extended.

Can moderators abuse their power? Yes. Is this rule unnecessary? Normally. As much as I hate things like this, and as often as I say "if someone's being a dick, ignore them and move on." There are people, as previously stated, who intentionally interject and antagonize. Now, I don't know if you lot are just trying to test he line. See how many steps over you can take before the mods actually do something, or if you're legitimately just... rude. If that's the case, then there's no reason to be here at all.

Validity of point doesn't mean anything if in trying to make a valid point you burn every bridge and piss off every person. Not just does it undermine your point, it is disruptive to the rest of the topic.

3. skipi

skipi New Member

But it's so easy to dismiss his points as shitposting because he said some mean words once or twice.

4. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

He can make his points just as well without insulting people and causing moods to sour.

5. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

It's not within anyone else's power or their responsibility to change your mind.
    The choice and duty is yours.
    People are eager to see him get banned because of mean words.
    Mean words have one intent; emotionally harm the listener.
    Other intentions like improving the listener or teaching them become null and void when you cross that line.
    Those words are only helping you, the speaker, feel superior.

6. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

I haven't really seen my name thrown around too much, you're the second person to directly bring me up in this thread besides myself. Maybe it's more if you just assume that it's me every time someone brings up a horrible toxic cyberbully.
    And here comes the part of the thread where it just becomes a bunch of people coming out and demanding people be banned for being toxic, thus inadvertently becoming toxic themselves and the cycle shall repeat, as it has repeated for countless eons before.

\

it's not a grave, it's the future you chose

7. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

it's like you think banning people will actually get them to agree with you or magically adopt your state of mind

if you want me to change (and not just kick me out, though kicking me out probably works too!), convince me

why should I change to suit your feelings? because I'll be banned if I don't?

changing my mind only helps you, not me

I don't want to feel superior, I just want you to know that you're not

8. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

FlashHelix isn't toxic, he's just kinda blunt. I don't think anyones ever said Flash is toxic besides whatshisface up there.

a bunch of people coming out and demanding people be banned for being toxic, thus inadvertently becoming toxic themselves

You're gunna have to explain this one.

9. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Seriously?

10. Leschinsky

In private circles and other threads, your name is synonymous with it.
    Couldn't have said it better.
    This is just fluff for continuing the argument.

11. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

Cool.

12. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

you are very good at pointing out the obvious, leschinsky

of course I want to continue the argument, you haven't realized that you are wrong yet, arguments don't end at the point you want them to end

you want it to end? call the mods up and tell them someone's arguing with you

when they tell you that's not bannable tell them it's edvyn

this is how you end the argument

13. Solour

Solour a dad

I guess you can say this thread is getting a little toxic.
    [​IMG]

14. Leschinsky

Not really.
    No, they end when one party is either unwilling, unable, out of points, or, Lord forbid; they cede they were incorrect.
    Your's has been dancing around this larger "fight the power free will I will not kneel" persona you have trussed yourself up on, not directly staying on one point or the next.
    Mine has been; you are a player where your contributions do not outweigh the bad you bring to the community.
    The right to free speech gives you the ability to say whatever you wish; it does not guarantee ears from those who do not want to listen, or them continuing to provide the means to preach your message.

#274 Leschinsky, Aug 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2014
  15. invictus69

invictus69 New Member

Not even trying
    [​IMG]

16. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

Don't know, p. sure I'm cool.

17. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

.I think, the whole toxicity thing, is just a small handful of people who still cling to the idea that anonymity, and the distance the internet provides, is an excuse to forgo common courtesy and be dickish towards others. The vast majority of the community is fine, and the little Rule bit may as well be nonexistent because it won't effect them much. It's just the handful who are loud and obnoxious enough to single themselves out by antagonizing others.

18. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

To sum up this warning quick - You're in danger if you put yourself in danger. Easy as that. If you've been fine before all of this, you're fine forever (Unless there's a sudden drastic change in your personality).

19. Leschinsky

20. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

This thread, and the threads like it are pretty much just free shovels for those chosen few who are downright determined to dig their hole, and dig it deep.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.