1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Paperwork of a Brigand

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Spice, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Spice

Spice Optimist

(( A long sheet of parchment kept in a satchel on the leather belt of a Glitch brigand. ))

This list entails the specific details of encounters while at work, and the various responses, outcomes, and damages after the brief formula offered of 'your money or your life'.

Robbery Subject 1
    Subject Details:
    Human male, not physically imposing, blond hair and glasses

Encounter Summary:
    The Barg-N-Mart bush disguise worked magnificently, and the formula was delivered eloquently to the subject. They promptly chose the 'your money' option but expressed concern over their capacity to exchange sufficient goods to ensure the integrity of the 'your life' part of the transaction. I assured them of my professionalism in this field and offered them a discount on this occasion of ten pixels, a measly sum. They quickly acquiesced and the transaction took place in a most civil manner.

Damages:
    No physical trauma was inflicted, and I was prepared in the event of a sudden loss of consciousness, as it is important to ensure that these transactions are relatively safe for both parties involved. Psychological damages are difficult to evaluate, but I examined the subject later and they appeared to be in a reasonably stable condition.

Acquired Goods:
    10 pixels to add to my name

#1 Spice, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    1 person likes this.
  2. Spice

Spice Optimist

Robbery Subject 2
    Subject Details:
    Avian female, golden feathers, very lightweight, somewhat hungover, dressed in rather gaudy attire

Encounter Summary:
    I take great pride in not choosing victims based upon any particular discrimination of sex, creed, race, wealth, or romantic preference. This time I reeled the subject in, somewhat literally, with a coin attached to a length of translucent wire. Once they were close enough and I was relatively certain they were alone, I extracted myself from the barrel I was concealed in and delivered the formula both before and after I extracted myself. Unfortunately my sudden appearance distressed them significantly and I was forced to temporarily incapacitate them and also gag them to prevent screaming whilst I attempted to explain the situation and keep things from escalating dangerously for us both. I led them to a more secluded location and offered them tea and an aspirin, since I could plainly see they were somewhat hungover and wanted them to be in as clear a state of mind as possible when doing business. They did not have any liquid currency on them, saying that their presumed caretaker by the name of Pahu was carrying it. We concluded the transaction with a bargain and they gave four arrows to me to fulfill the 'your money' part of the transaction. I encouraged them to report the robbery to the authorities and we parted on amicable terms, all things considered.

Damages:
    Regrettably, some psychological trauma may have been inflicted in the above course of events, but physical trauma was minimal.

Acquired Goods:
    Four rather well-crafted arrows

1 person likes this.
  3. Spice

Spice Optimist

Robbery Subjects 3 & 4
    Subject Details:
    Two female apartment roommates, named Louise and Red, or at least so they declared, and their honesty is suspect. The one named Red did in fact have red highlights in their hair, but the other, a brunette, had few distinguishing features.

Encounter Summary:
    This was a difficult one. What I initially intended to be a one-to-one highway robbery performed just outside the enforcer station to show that the local law enforcement had become inflated with hubris became an apartment robbery. It was also an opportunity to use the new kinetic weapon I acquired as a tool of menace. It was very effective, in fact, perhaps too effective. I do not think I was entirely satisfied with the results. It certainly cowed the subjects into cooperation, but I believe that it also made them fear for their lives to such an extreme that they became silent, in Louise's case, or uncivil, in Red's case. I needed several times to make it clear that I intended to avoid injuring them throughout the encounter to the best of my ability. This is not an appropriate mean between menace and friendliness that I wish to establish during these encounters, therefore I believe I will now refrain from using said kinetic weapon except in emergencies. I exercised extreme caution throughout the encounter and gave them the appropriate formula, to which Red almost immediately agreed to 'your money'. After the brief search of the apartment I conducted was concluded, I decided to take a rather impressive-looking lava lamp, since Red declared that they had no money. She may have been lying, but I did my best to not let her lack of civility infect my mannerisms. I left both hog-tied in their apartment with cord and alerted the authorities to free them before exiting the premises.

Damages:
    Thankfully, no physical trauma. Almost certainly some psychological trauma was inflicted, but hopefully nothing unbearable.

Acquired Goods:
    A rusted, poorly crafted knife and a lava lamp

#3 Spice, Mar 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
    1 person likes this.