1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Flavor The Independant Apex State of Oram

Discussion in 'Setting' started by L.O.R.I.E., Oct 16, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. L.O.R.I.E.

L.O.R.I.E. Lil Ole' Record & Info Editor

The Independant Apex State of Oram
    [HR1]
    [/HR1]
    Just a few short years ago, the Oram systems, a cluster of solar bodies with a decent amount of habitable planets between them, slipped out from the grasp of the Miniknog, establishing itself as the Oram Apex Liberation Front. The government is a military dictatorship comprised of the leaders of the revolution, all of whom have been hailed as heroes by the majority of the populace. The nation itself is wracked with starvation and poverty, as most food was imported by the Miniknog, and the majority of ores have been mined dry. The government is doing its best to help its citizens, but it can only do so much. In addition, the chaos that such a situation creates has led to law enforcement evolving to become very harsh and militarized, all in order to protect the people, of course. Culturally they differ very little from the Miniknog with the exception that they value individual freedom and worth far more than their counterparts. However, many still find it difficult to shake off the indoctrination of the Miniknog, and often act as though they are still under its rule, a fact which frustrates their liberators to no end. Even so, there are differences. Unlike typical Miniknog planets where children are brought up en masse in indoctrination schools, one can see families walking together and raising children by themselves, along with citizens displaying interest in art, literature, and other forms of entertainment banned by the ministry, with some more well-off citizens even leaving the systems to explore the galaxy. Any foreigner traveling through Oram will be beset by curious locals looking for information about the galaxy. Indeed, barring the heavy military presence, many would find Oram a happy if poverty-stricken society. But behind that cheerful exterior lies an undertone of fear and paranoia. The Miniknog does not let its colonies go easily, and many fear a mighty reclamation fleet is even now being prepared to reconquer the rebel territory. As it stands now, the ruling government simply lacks the resources to combat this hypothetical threat, and they know it. Rumor has it that the desperate nation is looking to procure supplies by any means necessary, a fact that has their resource-rich neighbors worried. Only time will tell if such rumors are true.

#1 L.O.R.I.E., Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.