1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Floran Problem

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Doctor Frohman, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

most floran i know are either mutant muck-slime that i assume are dead, or friendly floran that have the iq of a dog.

other than that, i say burn the rude ones, they're not all terrible, but they CAN be.

-Markus21

2. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

BUNKER
    See here's the thing, now don't get me wrong but Florans are always gunna be savage, even the cute dumb ones. And they're nice people as long as you're nice to them too. But what happens is there's FERAL Florans who fuck shit up and attack people all the time who make Florans as a whole look like assholes eventhough they're not. Well, I mean I can't speak for every single one of them because every race has its assholes but you get what I mean.

And these Feral Florans are just the criminals, just like every other goddamned race has their criminals. Don't need ta' hate every one of 'em. If you can't see that then maybe, just maybe you're the real 'problem'.

3. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

exactly, long as the friendly ones stay friendly, we can let them be around us.

i say kick the feral's out if they misbehave.

-Markus21

4. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

[​IMG]
    - Tony

5. Dekerrex

Dekerrex New Member

I propossse one lassst idea. It isss a compromisse. It Hass two partsss

firssst colonial ssscribesss keep track of floran activitiesss, take note on who peoplesss conssider civilizzed, thosse floransss given chancce to get ID card marked cccivil.

The other part isss urging tribesss to include education cccenterss to lower feral floransss population. Tribesss who want to ssstay with tradition mussst get marked asss private, no non-memberss can come. Thisss iss to sstop accidentsss.

Now both sssidess are happy? Peoplesss get their ID, floransss don't get killed or exiled. Win win.

~OrchidVenom

6. Snitch

Snitch New Member

-As Free Radical-
    Well....I believe that we should gather up a large percentage of the Floran populace, give them a general aptitude test, and if they fail, we would send them to a mineral-rich planet and teach them civility through the respect of good old fashioned manual labor, and I suppose the teachings of a few civilized Florans, if they choose to head there. We would pay them all wages of course, and give them a percentage of the minerals they mine, every other week we could give another aptitude test to those who seem promising, and if they pass, give them a passport. Depending on the faction closest to where the planet is, we would send guards from that faction to watch over them and make sure no harm comes to them, either from the natural elements of these mining planets, or from one another. Is this a bad plan? I think not, it's quick, nonviolent, and most importantly. Profitable for all parties involved, including the Florans!

7. Redwilt

Redwilt Washed up has been

Floran is volatile creature, and giving them pickaxe is like giving them sword. It is not a good idea. Make them be fruit gatherers, or something simpler without needing tools.
    -Enigma

8. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

BUNKER
    'Mostly ev'ry Floran I've met's been pretty damn apt.

9. ASinisterIon

ASinisterIon New Member

I would love to offer my services in guarding/protecting these Floran. I've had a few dealings with them, and I have found that more often than not, a few choice words defuse any situation with a Floran. Of course, should that fail, I'm very proficient with almost all types of firearms. I would be in no danger.

--OneClickHeadshot

10. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

Yes because Florans would totally agree to that.
    Asiding that point it looks like you want to enslave them if they don't 'pass your test.'Despite sending guards to make sure they arent harmed. You're treading on Miniknog level of power hungry idiocy there friend...

~Dr.Rakael Kong

11. Snitch

Snitch New Member

-As Free Radical-

Concerning "Enigma"
    I was considering this fact, but there is so much less profit to be had as many planets have fruit trees, and minerals are a good substance for the Florans to sell on a market once they are able to recieve their passport.

Concerning "BUNKER"
    I mispoke, and meant aptitude and inclination towards violence tests

Concerning "'Dr.' Rakael Kong"
    I never said such a thing even insinuating this! They would all be payed wages, as previously mentioned, and despite not saying this , I was assuming that this would be understood, not only would they all be paid wages, but they would all be housed and fed, and they would not be forced to work for all the day, because if ALL of them were extremely tired, we would have no idea if they were just fatigued, or if they were truly becoming civilized. Along with all this, they get an opportunity to leave with no issue every other week, so long as they can pass another set of tests.

#51 Snitch, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  12. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Try to take away florans' freedom, and get stabbed.

Stab-Dancer

13. Dekerrex

Dekerrex New Member

How about thisss. We get floransss todecide what happened to them inssstead of being told!
    Ask tribe leaderss, or anyone with big floran populations for a majority vote from every floran available. Optionsss include every idea lisssted on thisss debate. Floransss should be able to make their own ideasss too.

~OrchidVenom
    ((we could make this an RP event if there is enough support to the universal floran vote))

#53 Dekerrex, Oct 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2014
  14. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Try enslave us try limit freedom try start war and see just how much problem we be.

15. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Enslave is a harsh word, and a harsh action, but if you did it to my people, MY FAMILY, WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE TO PROTEST AGAINST THIS!? YOU KILLED 85% OF ALL HYLOTL ON THAT PLANET, INCLUDING MY FAMILY! DO YOU FLORANS KNOW WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!? I SPEAK FOR HYLOTL, AND SOME AVIANS WHEN I SAY, WHAT RIGHT DO YOU HAVE AFTER COMMITING MASS GENOCIDES ON NOT ONE, NOT TWO, BUT THREE RACES!? I WOULD SERIOUSLY LIKE A LEGITIMATE ANSWER! AGH!

-WarOf3000 (Seaguard)

16. Optimism

Optimism Guest

-Kezachlovichski
    If green radish men kill family maybe whiny baby man should grow into real man. Find green men who do wrong and break these men limb from limb until they stop screaming. Cry and complain with words do nothing.

Kezachlovichski think you need to be real man. Or keep sounding stupid. Is funny to me.

17. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Fisshmen insssulted floran culture. Floran not feel bad for what happen to their world. It floran world now.

Fsh etr

18. WholesomeBURN

WholesomeBURN New Member

Statement. Florans are not an issue. Addendum. Floran savages are the issue. Pride. One of my best friends is a floran and I would trust my life to her when it comes down to it. But she is a civilized floran, she hated her clan for the hostility it showed to every other species out there besides the Glitch. Cold. Her entire clan is dead right now, ended by her own blade. Statement. But I don't believe this is the same fate every floran should meet, just uncivilized ones that are too dangerous to let them have spacecraft. If a clan of florans sit on a planet until they rot, let them, it is only an issue when the get to the stars and commit genocide. But that is just my opinion.
    -Forgeheart-

19. CaptainBritton02

BULLSHITE! I ATTENDED THAT MEETING, 44TH COLOR GUARD! YOU ALL INSULTED THE HYLOTL'S PEACEFUL WAY OF LIFE, PULLED KNIVES AND NEEDLERS, GUNNING DOWN A CROWD! THEN YOU PROCEEDED TO CALL REINFORCEMENTS! I STILL REMEMBER THAT DAY! AND I WILL NEVER, EVER FORGET!

20. CaptainBritton02

I KILLED 3000 FLORANS, AND YOU SAY I'M NOT A REAL MAN!? EVERY FLICK OF A SWITCH 500 FLORANS FELL, SAP AND FOLIAGE FLYING IN ALL DIRECTIONS!! H.S.E.N 75TH ARTILLERY DIVISION GUNSHIP!

WarOf3000 (Seaguard)