1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Floran Predicament

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by Toadkid1234, Sep 2, 2014.

?

Should I bring back the HKC?

1. No, thanks!

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Yeah, and keep its old ways of love and kindness for anyone except evil people!

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  3. Yeah, and make it Anti-Uncivilized Floran!

16 vote(s)
    32.7%
  4. Yeah, and make it Anti-All-Floran!

20 vote(s)
    40.8%
  5. I would like to participate in this.

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. I would NOT like to participate in this, just watch.

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. Jim Harrison

25 vote(s)
    51.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

I vote yes for an organized group trying to forcefully kidnap florans that don't meet the criteria set by their organization. It gives the others factions a shortcut in getting support/recruits :)

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Sorry I was away all weekend.

In response to Sen's comment on this being 'one guys personal army' I admit I did flaunt my 'military capability' (which was essentially nil) far too much during the HKC's brief existence. Thats partly because at that time it was solely commanded by me, as there were few if any other leader characters at the time, and partly because I have little experience leading factions. Seaguard and Lenro were closest, the former leading basically no one cuz we had no PC base of soldiers or helmsmen, and the latter coming into play near its death. Looking back I recognize this as a problem, and that is why I created this thread; so a bunch of people can help out a noob.

Additionally, the HKC was NOT intended to represent the entirety of hylotl-ness. It was intended to be a splinter group started by a group of nomadic scientists trying to start a new society on the frontier, kind of like the utopias of the New World. Thus, I would not be entirely opposing lore, as one can expect lots of diversity within a race. Why should humans be so special as to be the only diverse ones?

Finally, the members of the resurrected HKC would probably not be openly violent and bloodthirsty Not!Hylotls. Their scientific background would be the motive, seeing the feral Florans as inferior to the civilized ones. They foresee natural selection eventually weeding out the 'bad' ones over time, but with much pain and anguish for their potential victims. Thus they feel morally justified by stopping the 'bad ones' from reproducing by killing them. Kinda like the genophage for all you Mass Effect pals out there.

I have decided that I dont want to be the one spearheading this as my responsibilities in real life would be cut into as a result. Sure I would participate actively but OOCly and ICly I dont want to be the head honcho. If anyone else would be willing to spearhead this event that would be excellent.

3. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I have school IRL, I can help, but someone's gotta be head other than me. I'll be happy to remain second-in-command, but, eh.

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Another thing is this doesnt have to be a Hylotl-started thing. There are plenty of other people who hate the Floran for their savagery. The HKC doesnt sound like it would really be the group to do this to me, so there should be a race-neutral group (besides the obvious Floran) made to execute this.