1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Council

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

FTFY

2. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

We are planning on making a subforum under the roleplay section that will serve as an IC contact point with the councilors. It's not 100% set in stone yet, but so far it seems to be our best bet.

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Alternatively, just shoot one of the mods a PM.

4. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Like..I get that you predominantly play florans, but you don't have to be all murder happy all the time, florans can do other things. The whole Murder/Scavenge/Bully character thing is kind of overplayed

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

To be completely honest, the whole snowflake "ive changed" floran thing was overplayed for a while there. I have no side on this issue though. Dont really give a poop whether someone RPs a scavengey tribal floran or a sciencey changed one, as long as they do it well that's great.

6. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Murder happy tribal florans are fine. Especially if they accept the fact that people are going to be out for blood after you and accept the possibility of character death like a good antagonistic/villainous character. Honest. This could work.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

That's the thing though. Some people don't see their characters as 'villains.' Maybe they're just assholes that expect to get away with anything because they tack on a few 'good deeds' here and there.

8. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Yeah but this has been an issue since sharptooth was around. If you go around harassing and killing and robbing people and are almost exclusively known for being a bad person why would anyone want to associate with you? Why wouldn't you being banned from cities? Why wouldn't people want to kill you on sight simply out of self preservation?

It was because of things like that that florans were banned on liberty mills, which made sense to us at the time because we thought "hey, let's ban the race of murderous tribals that eat people for sport, that seems reasonable, why would anyone be upset by this?"

It's not that florans are evil or bad people, it's just that as a race they do not get along well with any of the races, except for maybe the glitch(who coincidentally they can't eat)

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

and dem der novakind. +agree

10. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

People assume tribal means murderous, or a lack of empathy for other races lives means being on a quest to kill all the things because waaagh.

You can have a brutal tribal society where feats of strength and guile hold precedence, without it being a tribe that's mentally stunted to the point of being a bad imitation of orks.

11. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

But gooblin aren't the Florans a bad imitation of orcs anyhow?
    They:
    • Reproduce fast and are born as adults
    • Feed on the remains of themselves or other people/animals
    • Like blood icing on their murdercake
    • Create rather crude weapons and aren't the smartest race around
    • Are very impulsive and overall like violence and killing
    • Do lack empathy for other races and even their own, and for the most part are very murderous.
    Except for the 'nice' florans.

12. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I've never actually disagreed OOC with people banning florans or my characters from places. My characters themselves just act with outrage because that's how florans are, easily offended to the point of lethal violence.

I do play the other side of tribal florans too. I rp the tribe as having a strong sense of unity, teamwork and family. Stab-Dancer has made friends with ''meat'' and I do plenty of rp within the tribe and its allies that isn't just killing and stealing, thnk you very much. I roleplay all my tribal florans with distinct personalities.

13. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Please stay on topic to the thread.

14. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

How will Council Loans or Grants work for setting up a colony or business venture

15. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Pretty important questions, methinks

1a.) Are the council going to have an organized fleet? Considering they were formed chiefly to facilitate cooperation in the aim of destroying the tentacles, it seems like it might make sense

1b.) If they DO have a fleet, vanilla ships, or custom ones? Either way, race specific ships? Or ones built with a shared design in mind?

2.) Is this a join-able faction?

3.) How prominent is their influence going to be in Antares? (Like, patrols and officials and shizzle coming in?)

16. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I think the idea of the council is that they don't have any forces of their own but aim to combine the existing forces of others into a something able to combat the tentacle threat. Kind of like the UN

17. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

Makes sense

18. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

What Wreth said was pretty accurate. Patrols likely won't be a common thing in this new sector; It's far more likely that such patrols will be held as events, hosted by staff, to progress the plot. The council itself won't be a joinable faction since it won't have a continuous presence in this new sector.

19. Yotan

Yotan New Member

Okay last question on this. Frankly this bothered my in Mass Effect 3 how that reapers were able to cross the known galaxy, appear through the relay and manage to assault Earth by surprise. I mean shit. It says it in the Codex Entry in ME3:

[/quote]The Charon Relay is a mass relay in the Sol system of the Local Cluster that orbits Pluto. Encased in a layer of ice hundreds of kilometers thick for thousands of years, the Charon Relay was originally believed to be nothing more than one of Pluto's moons. Following its discovery and reactivation by humanity in 2149, the Charon Relay has served as the point of access between Earth, the cultural and economic heart of human civilization, and the rest of the galaxy.[/quote]

Anything appear on the end of the sol system would of popped more radar then cherries at a college frat party. How the hell?

I know and get that Antares is a frontier region of space and there is plenty of space, out in space. We still have enough population, colonies, and ships with beacon, communication dish, radar, etc. I am fairly sure any human born currently, or old enough to have dealt with the Tentacle beast, or heard stories about them, would have an active radar on the buggers just in case. Cause you never know when a ping will hit your radar.

Frankly there "would have" of bit a lot of awesome RP with the population panicking, colonies being evacuated, great build up, etc; if someone would of sent conversations to random people, some important, others not. To stir the pot up and well infused RP going toward the IC explanation of the server wipe.

Tanji is pretty much in space 24/7 on his mobile platform running his business, expect the few time he pops down for supplies. If the in-game nav computer on every ship can have a navigation range of X:999999999 to X: -999999999 and Y: 999999999 to Y:-999999999. Then I don't see how they "slipped in". Even modern day navigation is connected to radar to navigate.

Logically speaking, I ask:

Why didn't anyone pick the beasts up?

20. Metts

Metts New Member