1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

The Council

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Angre, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Venom

Venom New Member

stop rating me rainbows :mad:

2. Rezima

Rezima New Member

3. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

I was going to write up an informative post about necessary details and narrative structure, but Rezima summed it up pretty well.

4. Yotan

Yotan New Member

I look forward to the more an informative post on them.

As for Rezima comment is just a BS way for not putting in the effort and creating a smoke screen. No offense there is enough apprehension toward the transparency of the staff as is. Just saying. I know that Rezima has step down but old habits die hard.

5. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Yotan, yotan no. yotan stop.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1441696698][/DOUBLEPOST]It's not a smokescreen, some things are kept narratively vague on purpose, ideas can change and morph, some things may not be fleshed out yet. Sometimes outright explaining all the rules clinically like that is extremely boring and can kill a story.

6. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Vague in this case I would assume is foreshadowing.
    Have you ever read a good book and knew everything that was going to happen? I haven't. Not any good books, anyway.

Tons of books use foreshadowing to keep the reader thinking. Of course, most of these foreshadowed mysteries are solved in the future. So perhaps we'll learn more about these tentacle beasts. Perhaps they're descendants of Cthulhu, praying silently for his return. Lurking in the shadows, in hushed whispers they chant, "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn."

7. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Oh r'lyeh? Ya r'lyeh!

8. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

>reads
    >sees Mass Effect
    >gets super excited
    >sees "cant be Commander Shepard"
    >dies inside

Can I at least be Liara?

But on a serious note, I think this is a pretty neato idea, hope its carried out well an no one hates it.

9. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I hate it and you.

10. Cole Ombre

Cole Ombre Lurking Admin

When can we expect this to take effect? And would our characters be able to load up their ships and fly off, or would there be a very quick reaction period in which all they can do is dash to their ships with nothing and take off?
    I do like this idea, and I hope that some people will take this chance to retire characters they feel have been worn out and start new.

11. Mitzi the Floran

Mitzi the Floran Sufferer of Prawnsequences

You didn't say I couldn't be THE GETH though.

12. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Imagine the scenario: after weeks, maybe months of planning, you finally manage to find a moment where the council member is vulnerable. Maybe he is overseeing the opening of a new colony. Maybe he is doing a diplomatic visit toanother species' colony. Regardless, you manage to assassinate him. All is good, right? He's gone! Those pesky Apex will no longer bother you! You are now one step closer to a lawless sector once more like true anarchists!

Except an investigation is mounted and you and your pesky group of terrori- ahem - freedom fighters were discovered. There is a bounty upon all of your heads now. Welp. You can never again show your face in colonies at the risk of capture and execution. Funds and strategy have become tremendously hard to acquire and allocate. Morale has hit an all-time low. Against all odds, however, you managed to evade capture and actually look at the council members once again-

What do you mean they just elected a new Apex official after the death of the first one??

But anyway, there is actually a very simple solution present here:

The solution is simple. They simply never left Antares whatsoever if they still love lawlessness. Whew. Bullet dodged.

13. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Unfortunately staying in Antares also means you die, because big scary planet-devouring alien. You could say your character went to another frontier sector, especially because you are not your character, and if your character would go to a lawless sector, then that is what they should do.

14. Rezima

Rezima New Member

I believe it takes effect sometime wednesday from what they have said? No clue on the second point though, I am personally retiring almost all of my characters in favour of new ones though.

Heheh, but I distinctly remember telling people they couldn't be the geth a few months back though! Still applies. Probably.

15. Node

Node Literal Edgelord

I think Tallen was well aware of the fact that you would die if you stayed in Antares, Avis.

16. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Not running guerrilla warfare against the tentacle threat.

Wow, git gud lawless shitters.

Once we've discovered delivery systems and tentacle behaviors, I'm excited to see what kind of events people will start throwing up. With a common server wide threat, I am sure will be a lot more opportunities for colony-to-colony cooperation, rather than the clubhouse feel you inevitably get.

17. DartyGooblin

DartyGooblin New Member

How does one acquire lore faction connections civilian side. Such as loans, etc, to help flesh out a reasonable start for a colony, facility, business or what have you.

18. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Because Tribal florans thrive on discord and, a council maintaining somekind of interspecies order is counter to a Tribal floran's goals.

If factions are warring Tribal florans can scavenge the losers

19. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

The purpose of these NPCs are just to serve purpose for what's to come on Wednesday and to host events, or so it sounds like. I don't think anyone would be happy if players were killing government-like individuals :p

20. Tallen

Tallen New Member

Then go for it. See what happens when you try to kill them off. Hint: it's not going to end well for your tribal Florans.