1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

"The Big One" - CoC and Moderation Overhaul Details

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Chronicle, Aug 14, 2014.

1. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

What I'd suggest for the moderators to do next is to help cut down on cliques. For the most part it's unavoidable, but at the same time if people were more open instead of sticking to specific colonies and factions and making it seem like there's competition between them, well that would be a nice change in the right direction.

2. Fenris Fenrir

Fenris Fenrir New Member

A certain amount of competition is inevitable, and even necessary. But I agree on the cliques. There are far too many of them, and they seem fairly exclusive. It makes it difficult to get anything done.

3. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

This is kind of impossible. People have different preferences and, arguably, different levels of quality in roleplay. Not to mention differences of ideology, strictness, etc. AND normal people do tend to gravitate toward groups of similar interests, so it's both an IC and OOC issue.

4. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

When people get nasty about it, this is when it becomes a problem. I'm no saint with this eather, but people are quick to judge other players instead of being helpful and more open about roleplay.

5. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

That mainly depends on every person you find. Even if you are open to discussion, some get defensive, others could get aggresive. My best approach on this are usually through /w or PM's rather than talk in planet chats or open threads. The privacy it offers lessens worries and replies are calmer.

6. TAP123

TAP123 New Member

I wish I did that before getting people to dislike me. Hell even a few friends of mine are getting overly defensive about things, when normally they seemed open to talking about sensitive subjects. I try sometimes to talk to moderators through messages too but they aren't normally responsive.... yet they are doing other things... eh. But see, saying that makes me seem bad. Why?

7. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Nope. If you're going to talk about that, take it to the conversation system, don't drag it out into this thread.

8. Darkwhip

Darkwhip That Russian-Canadian-Nazi

Metagaming is a basic rule of Roleplay, I was already respecting that, and not only me. (But anyway..)

9. Hour

Hour Dogu

I'll RP with anyone who RPs with my character.
    Fullstop.
    That is how it should always be with everyone, unless someone is griefing there is no valid reason to exclude someone from RP.
    Yes telling someone to fuck off IC is RP, as is bitch slapping that person IC when they don't.