1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

- Station Outpost in X Sector

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Ollanius Verok, Apr 2, 2014.

1. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

610 Voxels
    (600,000 Pixels)

High Legislatore Hollow
    Relzurautt Armada

"I am sure the anonymous bidders no doubt represent faction, or colonial interests who do not wish to make their presence known. Or likely the owners of companies, or businesses. As it stands, there has been a spike in counterfeit pixels and voxels lately, so it is very possible that individuals with no corporate, business, colonial, or faction ties, who possess an absurd amount of wealth, strictly in pixels alone, with no investments or capital to back it up, are likely involved in said counterfeiting activities."

2. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit! ))

dis is wher i stp bidden. ty 4 tryn 2 prov point.

3. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

620 Voxels
    -Syntia

4. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

630 Voxels
    (630,000 Pixels)

High Legislatore Hollow
    Relzurautt Armada

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Misfit! ))

cn i ask u wer d fuk ur pulln dis munny? r u jst biddin 2 mak othrs loss munny bcus ur a dik? or r u jus biddn 2 say 'hah i wun bcus i hab mor munny'

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

It's for a faction I'm putting together. Secret.

640 Voxels.

7. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

650 - private bid

8. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

660 Voxels
    -Syntia

9. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

1 freshly made ham sandwich with the crusts painstakingly removed.

But seriously, I contract. if you people want to budget me some of the crazy money you are offering, I could build you something like this. Just a thought.

Also the ham is premium. Thing about it.

10. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

(( This is kind of ridiculous. Factions like the R.A spent WEEKS actually RPing EVERYTHING out. Personally making economical ties in game, taking resources from station that was long forgotten (try to guess what it was), and countless hours spent attending meetings.( Yes, I stood there in game watching the screen for freakin HOURS ) And then you get the players who show up in ship threads and auctions like these attempting to spend millions of pixels on things they aren't even going to use. It frustrates me because I feel as if all the hours I've spent RPing are going to waste because of these absurd bids made by "anonymous". "I have a faction, so that means I automatically have billions of pixels" doesn't cut it. There are so many things that R.A is doing that most of the community doesn't even know about. We seriously need to supervise these pixel spendings. I say stop with the "private bids".
    EDIT in response to Socky: I understand that anonymous bids may be other smaller factions looking to start up a business but the reason I dislike the private bids is because there's really no way of telling. For all I know, the person earlier who claimed to have "10 million pixels" to bid could be attempting to take the bid to the millions again. I only posted this AFTER I saw people starting to bid in the 600,000s when really, they shouldn't be able to afford to run the facilities daily as Aleskai has said. The server already has some serious economic problems to consider and this is not helping at all. And I agree with you on the point of building your own station. Smaller factions who don't have the currency to afford 1 million pixel facilities can just build their own. There is a bigger story behind this auction and I hope you know that I'm not trying to make this more of a problem than it already is. ))

#50 Pixel, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
  11. Socky

Socky Guest

(( Why is everyone assuming that the 'anonymous bids' are just a single person? It's silly to think that just because you don't know who it is, means that they're cheating somehow to gain these pixels. I feel like it's just plain bullying to try and force someone out of this /Role Play/, which is what it is, simply because 'you have a faction and it's not fair'. If you lose the bid, you lose the bid. It's all in Role Play. Stop taking it out of character. Obviously the person/persons are keeping the bids anonymous for a reason, and just because your faction is well known doesn't mean that there aren't smaller factions interested in expanding. I'm not trying to pick a fight OOC, as I'm going to remain IC for this from now on, but come on people. You're not the only ones here, there are /tons/ of other people playing. Give everyone a chance to play, and to bid. Besides. It's not that hard to make your own station. If you have this much money to blow on one, build one yourself if you lose. It seriously doesn't hurt anyone. Stop making this an OOC problem.

With that said, if you have a problem with what I've said here, please message me in a private conversation. As OOC chatter is annoying, and disruptive to Role Play. Thank you.

12. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

News of bank fraud and counterfeit have recently been reported. The owner of this station should be warned and advised that some bids may not be valid.
    (( An edit to my original post has been made for those unaware. Private message me to converse further. ))

13. Ollanius Verok

"Have Pulse rifle, will travel. Money is to be received before co ordinance."

14. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Oh dear. Counterfeiting and bank fraud? People go to such lengths to get a small sky station like this one, it seems."

-Aedan

15. Sen

Sen Guest

floran already post biggest number

floran win stop posting now pleases

16. Ollanius Verok

3,2424,24243 excesses the currently max voxel limit for an bid.

17. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

But can you really put a price on a well made sandwich?

18. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Depends on the sandwich! If it's made from S+ quality space beef, chicken, lamb, pork, with a level of toppings the likes of which has never been seen, and a ton of bacon, it could very well be priceless."

-Aedan

19. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Its space ham. but I am a sandwich artist. Unmatched in my craft.

20. Ollanius Verok

"Please cease any comedic attempts on this auction. This may be Starnet, but there's no reason to argue. Besides S+ quality space pork is people."
    -W. Trent