1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starbound D&D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Toadkid1234, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

WHAT IS THIS MADNESS?

Witch, heretic, pagan, philistine, gentile.

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Actually, due to earths rotational momentum transferring energy to the moon's orbital momentum (which happens as tidal friction slows earths rotation) the moon is slowly drifting away from earth at about 4 centimeters per year. ACTUAL SCIENCE AND NOT MADE UP STUFF
    I win this battle. Concede, heathen.

3. Angre

Angre Majestic Penguin

Try to stay on topic, guys. I love science as much as the next guy (really, I do, one of my top favorite subjects), but this isn't the place for a discussion about it.

4. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

Need a campaign of Foran who go kill all the snowflake Floran with extreme prejudice.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

^This is actually not a bad idea, I mean it would make sense and be interesting and stuff. Thanks d00d!

6. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

A campaign where a government official is held to be a cultist party's meal. Omenvreer.
    Poor Omenvreer-- he was (somehow?!) captured by the dirty cultists. Ingame, he had a tracker in his suit, and long story short, the guy who made the tracker went to see the planet the tracker was... er, tracking to.
    What if this said campaign had the /players/ be the convoy sent out to save Omen? Or something.

7. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Shadowrun is the shit. Also, AD&D!

8. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Is include seaguard as boss battle yus?

9. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Well, today will be beta test one, and due to a surprise goddamn snowstorm only 2 people are showing up. And I'm still nervous as hell.

Wish me luck pls.

10. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Take me with you

11. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'd love to come along if I could too. :c
    Gud luck komrade

12. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

First session was... relatively successful!

'Twas my first attempt at GMing, and I really enjoyed being the GM. Three people came, which is great cuz I was worried there would only be two PCs for the opening scene. I'll give a synopsis of the events which occurred tomorrow. Tired as hell right now.

13. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Alright, a really long and boring summary of last night's events!

Characters thus far are:
    1. Detective Sebastian Wiglett, a hylotl police officer/detective guy between jobs. People are hesitant to hire him because hylotl tend to be peace loving babies. Wears a shiny white suit.
    2. Private Axton, a human USCM marine. Not really sure what his story is.
    3. Dr. Doopinstroff Cronzberry, apex former miniknog scientist, used to be their top researcher or something in physics, but he left when his parents were accused of something and brought in for "testing".
    We started on a space station just below the cloud level on a random gas giant. Outcasts raid it. Dumbass flies into turbine holding the station up, begins to fall into the gas giant. Party members escape in Outcast ship. While flying away they notice in the cargo hold theres an avian statue. Avian Second Holy Fleet warps in, about to blast them out of the sky, they warp at the last second to the next autopilot-mapped coordinates.

They were flying through this campaign, much faster than anticipated. An hour had gone by, two and a half to go, and I had run out of material. Commence improv.

They warp into a binary star system. Autopilot guides them to an old space station. They go inside, meet some goth weirdo chick named Blaze who was the secret buyer for this avian statue. Didnt have much choice, sold it to her, got 10,000 cR and a locked, ancient starmap.

Refueled ship and flew to where Detective Wiglett had worked for some time; Space station Aulin Enterprise, a trading hub deeper in civilization. Bought things, had the starmap scanned, got map data. Noticed they were being watched by a tall, blue, mohawk-finned hylotl in a lab coat. Approached him and stuff. Would only talk to Wiglett. Said who he was - Ray Beluga of the HKC. Said he knew what they had and offered Wiglett a job, and the entire party fame and fortune, if the HKC could have whatever the starmap led to. Agreed. Got into ship and began to make their way to the location marked. This location happened to be in... THE ANTARES FRONTIER.

That was really boring to describe. From now on I'm just posting interesting tidbits from the sessions. Kthxbai.

PS: I WANT ALL YOUR IDEAS FOR SIDE MISSIONS, CHARACTERS, ANYTHING. CREATIVE FREEDOM IS, FOR ONCE ON THIS FORUM, ALLOWED. IF ITS COOL IT'LL HAPPEN. If theres a character from Antares you think would be really cool as an NPC tell me! If theres a colony that I may not know about that you think should be included, tell me! Gib ideas pls.

14. Solour

Solour a dad

Oddysee.

15. Smokestack

There's one opening that I've been meaning to try in my new Shadowrun campaign I'm gonna be running during Spring break. It's a little mixed with what I did with the Grey Hand in Antares and it'll somewhat apply here for character development purposes.

The party is flying towards Antares and just made it into the sector. It feels like smooth cruising when all of a sudden BOOM a wall of their ship cracks open and suddenly begins to collapse the ship from within. Power begins to flicker, and random parts of the ship begin to blow. If they took the time to look out, they see a small ship with a very large gauss cannon attached to it.

A ship suddenly appears to the side where the hole was formed, and establishes connection (I don't even know how that works, just think a giant tube comes out). Out comes masked figures pointing guns all around looking for Dr. Cronzberry. They say that he is wanted by the Grey Hand for his contribution to the Miniknog. Chances are, the party is outgunned and at a disadvantage. The Grey Hand would take them all into custody for protecting a Miniknog agent.
    I think the party for the Grey Hand at the time would be Smokestack who was manning the gauss cannon ship who later comes aboard, James the Apex Captain, Dodge the Apex 2nd in Command, and Clarisse. I forgot the rest.

This situation will allow for one character to grow and give the party an opportunity to take on pretty big issues like a gaping hole in the ship and freaking trying to not get sucked into space. If they play it well, the Grey Hand would free them with information on the other factions in Antares. If they get on their bad side, they'll get tossed into the slums of New Chicago, deprived of their credits. Then they would say, "Welcome to the frontier." Bad option would let them try and find ways to earn money, find a ship, etc. At this time would be the galactic police force (The one with Badstar. I forgot the name) and the ICIA. Also, the series of bombing by the Outcasts leading up to the battle ending NC.
    Characters met would be Julius mainly, and other regulars of NC including the ICIA. The party could also encounter undercover Outcasts.

16. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

This is incredibly flattering

17. Smokestack

Well it's a good first arc. When I joined the server in August, I was thrown straight into New Chicago, the current hub at the time. Yeah, a bunch of other factions had died out, but I saw a good bulk of action happening within NC and that colony just took a beating that makes a good faction war arc.

18. Solour

Solour a dad

you mean the bomb test-site?

19. Smokestack

Yeah, something like that.

20. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Someone tell me all the things about NC pls. All the things meaning things I could use in my game thingy.