1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Starbound D&D

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Toadkid1234, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Snitch

Snitch New Member

OOH, ME FIRST! I want to has Free Radical in there, overseeing the making of like, cannons, or overseeing the executions of peaceful protestors or some shit, something MOUSTACHE TWIRLINGLY EVIL! Also, gold body with bitching monocle and robo-Mohawk, and has a house of nobles under him now.

2. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

ALLEN IS A FREIGHTER GUY WHO SMUGGLES VARIOUS ILLEGAL GOODS AS WELL AS HAVING LEGAL CONTRACTS AND HE SHARES A SHIP WITH HIS BLISS ADDICTED PARTNER STEVEN EVERGREEN

consider cameo demanded

3. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Dynyl Gretchen, a depressed though confident Human.
    He's a selfless, helping hand to those around him. He typically goes for whatever jobs he can that require security, though mainly works undercover-ish (no armor, security badge hidden underneath scarf, casual stuff). He's also well-known for getting maimed quite often, and he's slowly but surely becoming a cyborg (cybernetic arms, jaw, and eye). He's been kidnapped quite a bit.

Maybe you could use Dynyl as a side-character, maybe some sorta side-quest where they need to rescue/heal him or something, prevent him from dying, I dunno. Maybe this could be back in his old days, when he was a mercenary. Still selfless out-of-work, pretty good sniper, no cyber-limbs, etc etc

EDIT: Kill Dynyl, get 80,000 pix.
    HE USED TO BE A RICH BITCH
    EDITEDIT: He could also just be a guy for hire as a combatant or just to watch on ships or something.

#23 Not A President, Feb 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2015
  4. Smokestack

Smokestack Bird man with a bird plan

Smokestack
    Co-captain of the Grey Hand and ex-death racer who reformed to become a ship mechanic mainly working with ship engines, ship weaponry, and body repair. A wise-cracking hotshot guided by a moral compass. He could be used for ship repair, coordinating raids, or just being that guy who helps out occasionally.

5. Narfball

Narfball narfball

misfit is literally a braindead crack baby who breaks the 4th wall
    he also wore a tutu with no shirt and a horse mask once on avalon
    but dont tell anyone i said that

6. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

KEEP EM COMIN
    Also, I like how some of you are indicating ideas for how to implement your character. Please do that, like, a lot. I want this to be totes cool. Also, general ideas for campaigns, side quests, characters, or generally anything would be quite marvelous. kthxbai

7. Not A President

For a campaign, you could do something like, if the RPers played role of Outcasts or arsonists or some shit, burn Asani to the ground
    itll be a valentines miracle
    :D

8. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

NO
    BETTER YET
    THE SIEGE OF PORT LAST!
    STARRING (RIP) SHADOWSTEP LIGHTBRINGER THE SIXTH! COURAGEOUS YOUNG HOTSHOT SEXY BIRD WHO GIVES HIS LIFE TO SAVE HIS COMRADES! But dies by getting nailed by a flak cannon.

9. Not A President

Or just go casually and leisurely for a cup of tea at Taranis while Palos, Shadow Avian, is being downed.

10. QuestionableMotives

Give your own spin on what happened to the pre update colonies whose disappearances weren't explain

Tell us what happened to Gum
    Unless there's an ic cover-up in which case ignore me

11. Smokestack

12. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I don't even know who that is. His sole mention sullies the sacrifice of a real hero.

13. Smokestack

Amidst the battle of Port Last, there was once a great hero that went by the name of Shadowstep the Lightbringer the Sixth. They say his courage boosted the morales of those who fought against the florans and it is said that his sacrifice saved the lives of many that day. Honored and celebrated as a hero for his great sacrifice, Shadowstep has become a revolutionary figure in the history of Antares as the very symbol of honor and bravery on the battlefield. With the collaboration of the many bystanders saved that day, they managed to muster a artist's rendition of the hero.
    [​IMG]
    May he forever be remembered for his acts of valor.

14. Atom

Atom New Member

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/optional-pvp-system.8605/
    I've recently been trying to rework this d20 dice system in the link above for PvP on Starbound in the player guides section as an option. If you would like to check it out since its already got the basics like armor types and racial weapons. If your applying it to purely tabletop you could make it way more complex and detailed. Please feel free to share any ideas on that thread from your table top experiment that may transfer well to into the game mechanics. I hope your friends can join us we need more people willing to use dice systems!

v v v v v v v v v
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

#34 Atom, Feb 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015
  15. Narfball

Narfball narfball

misfit flies in on a nuclear powered barbie jeep and screams at the party about knowing too many cooks
    he then reaches into his tutu and begins throwing hard candies everywhere -- expired hard candies to be precise.
    he then drives away at a speed faster than the human mind can comprehend in his nuclear powered barbie jeep and is never seen ever again

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You can rest assured I will be using misfit here and there as, er, comic relief.
    Whoa. Thanks a lot, I'll definitely look into that. Could save me hours of stat-forging, buffing and nerfing.

Also thanks everyone else for your offers of insight and suggestions of stuff! I will refer to this when assembling my campaign. As of now, it would be especially helpful if you could remind me of some locations of significance in Antares past. That way I can make a map of the galaxy or something like that.

17. QuestionableMotives

Taranis,Avalon, opportunity, asani, Holy Fleet, Armoured Wolves, New Chicago, tenatus fields
    Probably missing a ton and I wasn't around when most of these were so idk if they're actually important

Edit: just realised I'm at over 200 posts now woot

18. Narfball

Narfball narfball

dont forget underpass -- the only and best underground colony
    it was destroyed by a moon crashing into it
    official story dont let anyone tell you anything else i was the one who made it

19. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Cuz random moons crash into planets all the time lel
    Not judging, only sciencing. :p

20. Smokestack

((shittyscienceanswers)) Well seeing as how moons have to orbit around planets all day long, they'll eventually get closer to the planet due to the sum of vector addition as a result of centripetal acceleration in direction ratio with theorem derived from Murphy's law of the Fibonacci triangle. I would know. I'm a marine biologist.