1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

"Spurgle" Florans

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by DirtyGoblin, May 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

Given that there have already been a ton of reasons why it's not permitted, I'll just put it forward, plain and simple.

Agarans are not allowed to be played. This has been a long made decision by the mods as a whole.

2. Wreth

Wreth New Member

I guess they could be played in pre-planned pre-mod approved events, and that would be make sense and be fun. But just randomly making agaran characters which are highly infectious. I agree they shouldn't be playable generally

3. Loveless

Loveless New Member

"There are reasons, but instead of stating them I'll pretend the ones behind closed doors are valid." What the Hell happened to "community?"

4. Sen

Sen Guest

They've been stated already. Whether you acknowledge them or not is your own prerogative.

5. Loveless

Loveless New Member

They're extremely deadly and spread a lethal plague.
    Nein, this is bullshit. It's clear in the official lore, "Agaran Menace" that you you are expected to be able to get close to them. Also, Coralgrower escapes them perfectly unscathed, and it's mentioned the Agarans "have been peaceful until now."

We're unsure of what properties they have.
    This is also incorrect. We know they are mutated florans that no longer require sunlight, and that they're afraid of water. This is seen through official lore and the various designs of there towns (such as the torture device showing their aversion to water.)

People used them to power-game.
    People use everything to power-game.

We know very little about them.
    We know quite a bit about them and can learn even more through context. Hell, there was that cannon story about an Agaran reproducing via infectious spores. I was able to figure out what some of their language likely means through context, and they have a defined culture as a more barbaric and sinister cousin to the florans.

They aren't a vanilla race, and can't be played without mods
    I'm pretty sure florans can be played without the assistance of mods, and there's the agaran hat to make your floran look infected. Plus, they are a vanilla race and originate from starbound (or at least are in the game via official lore.)

Now, let's say these were valid reasons. The ban on Agarans should at least be noted in the FAQ if it isn't specified in the rules. Hell, even just adding into the rule "No custom races or characters from other media, including Agarans." So, please, for the second time in this thread, stop talking down to me.

#25 Loveless, Jul 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2014
  6. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

This wall of text makes total sense for me actually.

7. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Honestly? There is more official lore for Agarans than there is for Hylotl

8. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Really? To play a true Agaran, you would be hated and ostracized by... well, everyone. You wouldn't be welcome anywhere, if you got caught you'd be pretty much in a one-way route to death.

Not a particularly fun or flexible character to play.

Just my two-cents, if you wanna play one (and the ban on them is lifted) then, hey, I'm not going to stop you, but everyone with a gun might.

#28 Felonious, Jul 25, 2014
  9. Loveless

Loveless New Member

Hey, there's something to be said for having the odds stacked against a character due to prejudice. My favorite books, The Dark Elf Trilogy, focused on something quite similar. I'm also very, very strange.

Edit: If the ban is really lifted, I will be a happy camper.

#29 Loveless, Jul 25, 2014
  10. Sen

Sen Guest

drow are awful

nobody likes cg snowflakes

11. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

Agarans could be interesing to roleplay as bad guys imo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.