1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Shibe Mod - Vanilla Friendly Item Enhancement [Beta v1.1b]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OmegaMatt, Apr 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

wow

Wait... Huh?
    Shibe, Starbound Held Item Behavior Extender, is a vanilla multiplayer compatible mod for Starbound that allows additional JSON parameters to be read from items to extend the behaviors that they are capable of. An item with Shibe compatible parameters will allow anyone else with Shibe mod to use the item with no extra steps. Players without Shibe mod can still collect these items with reduced functionality and not fear crashing.

But Why?
    Shibe can be used for playable creatures, custom vehicles, and animated weapons and tools. For starters take a look at this teaser:
    [​IMG]

But How?
    Shibe comes with Inu, Item Notation Utility, a special configuration parser used to convert your parameters and sprite sheets into a starbound item. You can do this manually as well to get an additional level of customization; the Shibe items are editable in tools like starcheat just like any other item. The included readme documents both the JSON and configuration formats.

WTF?
    Shibe is in early access and may be full of bugs. I've not been able to generate enough interest in the past to do alpha testing so I'm crowd sourcing quality control like the scummy dev that I am. Please report bugs right here in this thread. Updates to this mod are likely to be slow.

Also, yes, Shibe is incompatible with Apple's Roleplay Tech. You can keep both installed but hacking them up to try and equip both at once will only get you performance nightmares. Shibe has built in sit, tilt, and no clip to make up for this.

Just Gimme!
    Okay.
    Download Version 1.1b
    (Please regenerate any previously created items, significant optimizations were made but require new parameters to work)

Shibe Changes
    • Fixed up noclip controls and collisions (diagonals work!)
    • Increased rotate speed (still about 1/2 speed of RP Tech)
    • Slowed down sit mode movement
    • Prevents unneeded parameter reloads (tech speak for runs faster)
    Inu Changes
    • Fixed staticimage/fullbright tag
    • Added template tag (generate swords and guns)
    • Added unoptimized tag (please don't actually use this D:)
    • Added animationoffset tag (static and animated parts have sperate offsets now)
    • Added id tag (probably dont' need to worry about this)
    • Added icon tag (generate custom inventory icons)
    • Static and animated images no longer have to be the same size.
    • Added hands and overlay tag (Adds vanilla params to customize how the item is held)
    • Command files are generated when using drag and drop instead of json.

Download Version 1.0
    Initial Release

#1 OmegaMatt, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2017
    3 people like this.
  2. MaximumRose

MaximumRose Member

I like it, it's so much easier to rotate characters now,

But I think the noclip is borked. I can't seem to use it to go through things on a dependable basis. It'll sometimes let me go down, sometimes not. Never to the right, only sometimes to the left. It's a little weird.