1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Server Trailer

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terallis, May 5, 2014.

1. Xasther

Xasther New Member

Some ideas <3

[​IMG]

Start off with that^

Then get someone to do a strong, sonorous voiceover starting with the words "In a world..."

Show some pics of the colonies all in some glitchy, distorted montage.

Get a loose cannon character to say " I don't take orders from nobody!" or a geeky scientist type person to be all like " I don't understand" or even a chick saying "I'll be here for you"

Get that Inception horn going

Insert a few ad-libbed moments, especially if they relate to contemporary pop culture or anything vaguely sexual.

Can make it a Red-band trailer add in a few well timed F-bombs and a misplaced bikini. that'll get em interested.

Make the server name appear in single words written massively across the screen are more impactful than whole sentences, so break it up in its component parts and sprinkle them throughout the trailer. It doesn't matter if they're so far apart that nobody can piece together the meaning; chances are, they're not paying attention anyway

leave them laughing in the end with a joke and BAM

2. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

HAHA! YES! I'll actually try and do that. I know Chronicle is hilariously good at various voices. So am I. We could probably do that!

3. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

It's a shame you're american, I'd like to help, but Timezones...

4. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

[​IMG]

5. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

6. Terallis

This will happen!

6:10 PM - Pixel: 'Effective communicating!' *zooms in to sen's post of one word consisting of 'die' and intensifies *
    6:10 PM - .Terallis.: LOL!
    6:11 PM - .Terallis.: Just the one word. Fast zoom in and suddenly the background goes red as the screen shakes a bit. Then moves on to the next thing.
    6:11 PM - Pixel: LOL YES

7. Bloodrazer

Bloodrazer Son of Rakkis

You forgot the skrillex in the background and the whole screen doing a 360 after it zooms in and out

8. Terallis

YES! I'M DOING IT!

9. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

whispers if u guys need art/animation i can give those a whirl sh

10. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Feature Eitan/Avis' space boat, the Prometheus, if you're still looking for these.[​IMG]

11. Terallis

Sure! I'm limiting larger ships to only three panning shots, though. Mainly to keep the video from becoming incredibly long. Dunno if I'll be able to cover the entire ship, but let me know some more important areas and I'll get shots of those. :3

12. Avis

:3 yay! I guess the important parts would be the bridge, Armory, and the cargo hold, but I can tell you whatever you want

13. Terallis

Haha. Just try and catch me when I'm online and toss me a whisper. Character's name is "Aedan".

14. Avis

Got it, thank you!

15. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

If I was remotely significant in the server I'd adamantly demand Maz making his usual sarcastic quips about Liberty Mills only having people outside the bar when it's closed, which it almost always is. But since I'm not and most of you probably never interacted with Maz long enough to even know what kind of hell I'm talking about, I'll settle for a shot of the usual horde of people swarming about the front of LM's bar and inside the tunnels every time someone pulls a gun out...or Orph selling hot dogs followed by a shot of him dropping his gun in battle. Either will please me to the point of metaphorical stimulation.

Also, for the green preview screen, make your own. More lols to be had with a custom screen than copy-pasting the real thing.

16. Leif Reverie

Leif Reverie New Member

Talons Reach is quickly growing, and a flying city would be impressive cinematically. Location is X(-11) Y(28) Alpha Albali 3037, IIa.

17. Terallis

A crowded bar sounds like a great addition, for sure. LOL. Also, yeah. I was gonna be making my own green screen thing for the trailer, as best as I can.

That sounds great! Yeah! Won't likely be on this evening, but I'll try to let you know when I'm around so I can get some cool panning shots of it. :3

18. Leif Reverie

Leif Reverie New Member

Here's a small sample. This is just my house. The central tower is about 3 times bigger than this, just to give you an idea.

[​IMG]

If parts of the background look weird, it's because this was made from about 6 screenshots.

19. Terallis

That looks nicely made! :D I'll definitely get some shots of this.

20. Terallis

Hokay. I'm around now and about to log into Starbound. Toss me a message about your interest with the trailer. :3