1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

SBSE - Easy Player and Armor Coloring Without Mods (0.10.0 RELEASED - Pleased Giraffe supported)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phaze, Feb 20, 2014.

1. FoRgE

FoRgE Whack-A-Yak-5

Name Randomizer for races:
    Hylotl - Encountered SBSE TypeError - Operation may not have completed.
    Novakid - Encountered SBSE TypeError - Operation may not have completed.
    Floran - (Only displays "NaN")
    Apex - (Only displays "NaN")
    Avian -(Displays: [objectObject],Feather,Beak,Seed,Talon,Moon,Sun,Star,Song,Gust,Wing,Claw,Stone,Storm,Thunder,Sky,Rain,Light,Blood,Gold,Heart,Mind,Sand,Wind,Cloud,Songundefined as a name) < All one name

2. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Ah, totally missed this. Thanks.

3. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

Alrighty, I added proper support for name generation now instead of bullshitting it. This follows what I can glean from their spec as closely as I can. I've implemented my own version of Markov Chain name generation to fill it out. It's not 100% exactly the same as Chucklefish's implementation, mine doesn't force a postfix to the chain so it's a little more varied.

Windows users can download the newest experimental version here. If anyone has the time, please give it a shot with as many mods as you can, I'd like to make sure support for them is there to avoid future problems.

4. Solour

Solour a dad

youre dead

do you want a list of said mods used

5. Not A President

Not A President [help me]

Praise Phaze.
    It's fine if you have to do some things in real life, especially if it's a job you're holding up. Priority for sure is real-life. Don't feel urged to do this at any time. Still, though, I cannot thank you enough for this tool. It gives creativity to a wide array of people within the community. I'm sure the rest of the community thanks you, too. This tool is a life saver in looking unique and apart from others.

6. Ricardo

Ricardo ERP Champ 2016

Phaze, you are a boss! You're appreciated a LOT more than people act like. <3

7. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Phaze, love the program but it seems that since the latest patch for starbound there seems to be something wrong with it.

Whenever I start SBSE I get the error shown below. I confirmed the starbound directory as it asks but the error persists what do?

[​IMG]

8. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

SBSE Desktop 0.10.0 is officially released. Pleased Giraffe is now supported, and along with a pile of fixes I've added the ability to set your idle arm pose to nearly any pose rather than just the 5 idle poses. You can also set the arm offset to get better manual positioning. Here's a screenshot:

[​IMG]

You can download the update by starting SBSE or visiting the links below. This release is the first time I've built for Linux, so forgive me if it's packaged in a weird way. Linux build is experimental but should be stable, the only issue is a visual one that has to do with the edges of the window not being rounded. Incredibly minor.

Here's the info:

• SBSE Desktop 0.10.0
    • Released August 29th, 2015
    • Download:
    • Changelog:
      • Updated to support latest stable release (Pleased Giraffe (August 25th 2015))
      • Linux version now available (experimental)
      • Feature: Use any sprite frame as your idle arm pose
      • Feature: Set idle arm offset (from center)
      • Fix: Support new status controller values
      • Fix: Support male/female name generators
      • Fix: Automated update downloading works again
      • Fix: SBSE now prefers the new sbboot.config over the old bootstrap.config in case both exist
      • Fix: Edit menu on OS X has returned
      • Fix: ensure correct rarity names
      • Fix: remove empty directive arrays (prevent crashing)
      • Fix: ensure directives are lowercase

9. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

You are my favorite person for the next short while. I friggin love you.

10. CouchPotato360

CouchPotato360 Last Man Standing

There's no word capable of describing how thankful I am, so I'll just leave you with this:
    [​IMG]

11. Not A President

normal words cannot describe this
    so i gotta use my adult words
    i fÜcking love you

In all seriousness, whether people say it enough or not, we idol you Phaze. You give us so much to work with in terms of creativity in our characters. The normal color pallets just don't cut it, not to mention we can edit about everything.
    <3
    [DOUBLEPOST=1440912897][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Found a bug while messing with SBSE.
    Was intentionally looking for bugs. <3
    [​IMG]
    My survival mode character. Was messing with Nexus a teensie bit, specifically with diff arm and leg poses as well as positions, changed some colors a bit, put the parts back in normal order, and this after I saved and reopened.
    I'm gonna check right now to see how it looks ingame, if it's normal or not.
    EDIT: I actually just decided to reopen the character, appeared as normal. That's funny.
    EDIT2: It happened with another character. This one made me laugh my sides off into the cosmos of the universe.
    [​IMG]

#211 Not A President, Aug 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2015
  12. Sam Fisher

Sam Fisher Moderator
    Staff Member

Cheers for the fast response Phaze, your a legend.

13. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

three hoots for Phaze!
    hoot
    hoot
    hoot

14. Rezima

Rezima New Member

Hrm, despite updating and doing a fresh install I am still having the 'Unable to find binaries folder' error, any suggestions?

15. Yotan

Yotan New Member

You should look for you binary file. That might help. /jk Actually I have no idea. Did you install it through steam? If that is the case try to verify the integrity game cache. You might just have a corrupted file or missing the binary file. Another suggest is have someone give you a copy of their binary file.

16. Rezima

Rezima New Member

There isn't a true 'Binaries' folder for starbound, but I managed to get it working, I wiped everything, made some backups and started fresh. It seems to have fixed the issue

17. TrashHound

I'm still having these issues. Not sure what to do. Anyone have any helpful advise?

18. Not A President

Welp, I've never had this problem. Perhaps try removing a few mods then running it? 'Cause I think SBSE was able to support mods (ie StarFace, which added an extra pixel height to the eyes of the player for some races).
    If not, try moving the Players folder to your desktop, or at least the contents of it.
    Or what Rezima did and reset from scratch. Which I personally could never force myself to do that, though :p

19. TrashHound

Welp, removing mods didn't work. What exactly do you mean by "Reset from scratch"?

20. Phaze

Phaze Cavepainter

I think the "binaries folder" error is confusing. SBSE needs Starbound's ROOT folder, the error you're getting happens when it can't find the binaries folder FROM the root folder. By default the root folder is in your SteamApps folder at SteamApps/common/Starbound. If you select that folder it should find everything correctly. It needs Starbound to be set up in the normal way, it finds the right OS folder and looks for sbboot.config, so if you're on Windows make sure you have win32/sbboot.config or wind64/sbboot.config and ensure that the config files have the appropriate contents.