1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Raiding, Griefing and the like...

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by VaporDispersion, Oct 5, 2014.

1. The Grand Mugwump

It's also worth noting, as I've seen it a few times, that not consenting to participate in the fight upfront means no participating in the rest of the fight. It's extremely unfair to say "No, I dont' consent to fighting!" then to run off miraculously unharmed, sound the alarm, put on full power armor with a chain gun, and come back willing to consent to death and ready to blow people away. Decide what to consent to and try to stick to it throughout a situation like this.

2. Sen

Sen Guest

you're meant to sound the alarm and put on full power armor without running away obviously

3. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

at least power armor is a thing of the past.

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Isn't there a thread where the RA are building power armor with six plasma guns built /into/ the armor?

5. FFPLEASE

FFPLEASE DANK MEMES

lol'd

6. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

Maybe an old thread, in the HISTORICAL FACTIONS LIST. So yes, it IS a thing of the past.

7. GuardianPotato

GuardianPotato New Member

Basically this. Even if we do still have it, we don't have the shit to repair/maintenance it, so won't be used anyways.

8. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Nope, they sure don't. Also, back when they did use that stuff, it only had one or two guns. Blowing things out of proportion never helped anyone ;)
    I can say that most of the remaining RA vets don't like the way the RA was before it went on hiatus any more than anyone else does, for the record.

Also, someone on Taranis has power armor :l

9. Sen

Sen Guest

i was the first to have power armor

uninstall minecraft immediately

10. GuardianPotato

B-but, minecraft.

11. John_McFakename

John_McFakename New Member

Huh... Closest thing that comes to mind would be either the armour worn by Windows Omega which supposedly helps her fight better personally I think she just dislikes the standard-issue stuff!

Other one would be Paladin_Agreas, but he was kicked off The Order long ago...

What else... The EVA suits from when we had more warships? Although those designed for manuevering outside ships in orbit, and the closest thing to a built-in weapon was a gauntlet-boltgun... *shrugs*

12. Destroyer713

Destroyer713 New Member

Her armor is packed with extra servos and processing power that increases her natural strength, yes. But the only effect it has is that it puts her at the high end of the strength spectrum (Read: Not OP amounts of Physical Strength). It also greatly reduces her mobility, meaning she has a hard time keeping up with enemies, particularly with her preference for melee weapons.
    She kinda dislikes Standard-Issue stuff too. That stuff's too bright for her tastes!

13. GuardianPotato

((*Cough*Hans*Cough*))

14. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I can't remember who it was, and I'm not sure if it was really true power armor. They said something about it locking up since the bttery died, though.

15. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The problems with technology items, power armor, super weapon etc, does not come from the items themselves, it comes from the irresponsible handling of these things by players. "OP" concepts can be made reasonable and fun, but sadly the amount of abuse of these far outweighs the correct use of these things.

16. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I found myself guilty of OP power armor possession a little while back when the HKC made that PISCES armor set. I have since decided that it was made for EVA use and is made just to offer basic armor protection, EVA capability and looking sick. Apologies for mistakenly almost being OP-ish.

17. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

http://community.playstarboundrp.com/threads/spec-suit-progress-and-development.6469/

"6 rifles integrated into the arms allows little to no room for shell ejection. A minor problem, but important. Might have to cut rifles from 6 to 4, maybe even 2, unless I can find some way to redirect the spent cases out of the arm. Case-less is an option, I guess, but that requires a redesign of the rifle and its mechanisms."

18. GuardianPotato

(Just because its power armor doesn't auto-make it OP, for one) And for two, Cole is makin sure its legit, that thing wont be mass produced, n shit. Yeah. Gonna let him talk about it.

19. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Yet, he said they weren't making power armor. Even then, the six rifles in the arms? Just because you take the time to make some images and work things out doesn't mean you should have access to super mega amazing equipment.

20. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

...Jace Ombre isn't in the R.A,also this is no thread to start pointing fingers at people.