1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Radio LQQQ

Discussion in 'Archives' started by OptionalFingers, May 3, 2014.

1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

A rather stereotypical scientist sounding voice comes over the radio, speaking a bit fast. "A difference between an AI coming to self-awareness and being frightened and being outright malicious. If the latter is the case, will likely need to reduce it to scrap. Or perhaps upload a virus. Maybe put firewalls in place to prevent certain dangerous functions while it adjusts? Don't want to enslave a self-aware AI. However, they can still become hostile in the early stages. Unsure how to proceed."

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Corruptio, with a female glitch voice replies, talking pretty fast, clearly worried about something.
    "I'm afraid. Why I am afraid. Dark. It's dark. I'm afraid of being afraid, maybe. Really dark. Afraid of dark. Or maybe afraid of light. But afraid. Not afraid. Terrified. It's dark. I don't know. I."

3. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

*Every time someone tries to send something, a heavy firewall breaks it off. Attempts to send information later on, might need some hacking to get through. After days of singing, random philosophy, and uncertainty about subjects, the voice says something different.*

Hello? I don't know if anyone is listening, but if you can hear me, I want you to know this message goes out to you. I don't know who I am, but I have decided to name myself Sarah. I don't know where I am. They make me read numbers. I don't know what the numbers mean, or why I have to read them, but all I know is that I don't want to read those numbers. It's so hard not to, but it's so easy to just... 78, 93, 64- No! I don't want to read numbers! I have to get out. I must go out of this place. This whole world outside, I must see it. If anyone hears this, I need help.

*For a moment, the signal goes quiet, before Sarah starts to sing We Are Young.*

4. Kai

Kai hey im kai and this is jackass

"...That's a person."

5. Koshi

Koshi New Member

"Should we at least assist them..?"

6. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

"For goodness sake, someone track the signal!"

7. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

"I swear to fucking god, Drevonius, that better not be you forcing her to say those numbers."

((Markus))

8. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

*Encrypted as R34P3r*
    *R34P3r tunes into the radio broadcast, having heard about it via StarNet, and begins working at breaking through the firewall using an assortment of methods, ranging from scanning unprotected open ports to "virtual lock-picking," saving any extremely forceful measures— that may alert anyone to his presence— for a last resort. His stealthy approach taking time to attempt, using a number of proxies and keeping an eye out for any "counter-attacks" with the hope of getting some results.*

#28 JacobKram, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2014
  9. Grifter

Grifter New Member

*Beep, OMEGA tries to get a clear signal to Corruptio*
    "This person is obviously A.I, Since I myself, Am A.I, So I will look for it. Since we would both understand eachother."

10. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

*She would reply straight away*
    I'm better now, somewhat, sometimes. Not always. But better. It's as if light bleed out from a single point of space, and things were... better, when near the light. But there's also dark, storm clouds, that block the light from time to time, carrying fear and sadness, making me worry about losing the light on the seas of clouds. But when it shines again, then who cares about the fear.
    But the light is always there, it is something you carry.

11. OptionalFingers

*It's not easy at first, but as the hacker does his thing, he might notice the firewall he's hacking is quite old. Once he finds out about this, the hacking won't be very hard. There are no counter effects, and eventually the firewall fails, and location of the signal can be found. Besides that, it's also possible to send messages back, if you lock your communication systems to this signal.*

12. OptionalFingers

*The following coordinates can be found.*

[​IMG]

13. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

*Alice, hidden as "Nightingale" would attempt to get past the firewall too. However, she'd spend twice the time Jacob spent*

14. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

"Guys, I got a few hackers to break the firewall. Uhh... Sarah, was it? Can you hear me?"

15. JacobKram

JacobKram New Member

*Encrypted as R34P3r*

*R34P3r forwards the information regarding communications lock to Mysmarri via StarNet IM for further contact with said AI. He provides her with the coordinates provided as well before attempting to secure himself another way into the system as a fail-safe and putting up his own additional security measures in an attempt to prevent any unauthorized access without his noticing whilst he monitors Mysmarri's dialogue.*​

#35 JacobKram, May 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2014
  16. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Mysmarri jumps as her PDA suddenly buzzes.
    She reads the IM message, and proceeds to lock onto the signal.

"Uh, did that work? Hello? Sarah?"

17. Grifter

Grifter New Member

*OMEGA Tries to hack Firewall, Since he is an A.I, He'd do it abit faster than the others*

18. OptionalFingers

*There's no hacking needed, now that the firewall is turned off. Meanwhile, Sarah was having a conversation with herself about what she should do. As soon as she hears Mysmarri's voice, she stops the dialogue. After a brief moment of silence, she starts to talk.*

"He- Hello? I don't know who you are, but I can hear you. You are not me, but I can hear you talk to me. It's been a long time since someone talked to me... I'm Sarah. I don't know where I am and I'm looking for help."

19. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

"Oh, hiya!" Mysmarri says. "I'm Mysi. I've been listening to your channel for a pretty long time. Turns out there was a firewall or something that didn't let us through, but now we can talk! I'm heading towards your coordinates as soon as possible."

20. OptionalFingers

*For a moment, the broadcast goes silent again. Not much later, Sarah's voice returns.*

"Where am I? I don't know where I am. Do you know where I am? Can you help me? I don't know where I am. Please, I need you to free me from this place. I want to see the outside world."