1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Private notes of the avian nomad.

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by EvDo, May 27, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Camp of survivors.

...Well, I think it's time again to write the scrolls, because I gave earlier scrolls in the Rahe's temple library. So, what we have: I am based in a refugee camp, they fled from the revolution, or something like. Now their standard of living is simple survival, they are lived in tents, creates something out of the garbage.
    But there is a nuance, the camp is located in the ruins of a temple, it seems very ancient. I would suggest that this is our forgotten temple, but the crystals are very different from those what we use.
    They are green, and the range of their emission is different from red. It seems that it is not even erchius! However, the local had somehow been able to use these crystals to generate energy. So... What can I try to do? First they need a collector, or if the generator of junk will collapse, it will be no more energy. In fact, I can use for this technology, that I have seen on Ienechitaphy: they collected the graphite sections with erchius cores. As a source they used extremely unstable erchius that could explode if it does not discharged. Energy is converted by the catalyst in the section, and concentrated there, and then spread through the colony, as if going to the remains, they were thrown into outer space by energy beam. Fortunately, these crystals are very stable. On my quite complete, I don't know what thinked that mammals. I can assemble such a scheme, there are materials on the ship and around the perimeter, thanks to a mysterious forerunners of this world... This thing can allow to collect energy for ships, and we no longer need to fear for the generator failure. As I brought some prismatic crystals from the the ship will try to use them for the catalyst of modernization. I'll tell it to Blaze, if she is not a fool, my idea will be accepted.

Today hunting Result: Three large horned creatures, call them Enaku, stupid and agressive like florans. Seven large rodents. Fruit basket, checked on my rabbit, and he is not dead.

1 person likes this.
  2. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Camp of survivors. Power collector.

So. The first thing I did was strengthened emission of Green Crystal and focus it by means of a prism in the catalyst, and then tried to direct emission in the red crystal to determine the accurately energy range. I took the catalyst from the console on the ship. Prism was cleared by floran name’s Skia, which stuck to the issues and was asking to help. Making a discount on modest floran mind I instructed her to polish the lens with which she coped. It was fast, I remember how to clean the prism by few days. Well, in any case, when I activated catalyst... It was stupid not to wear glasses once working with the energy crystals! For a couple of minutes I was blind, deaf, and was lost in space. I came from an excited hiss of plants, she tried to bring me to my senses. In general, I realized that Green is completely opposite to the Red emission range.
    This means that I can use erchius as a collector, but first need to condense the charge in the Red. Sending Skia for a new green, I returned to the ship and took erchius, another red crystal, denser prism and ignition ring from miniknog’s ship, they use it for the engine fuse and I can make of it a deterrent circuit. The results surprised me. Instead of condensing energy focused and hit up the powerful stream of the power beam. Thanks to one of Nova, that the beam has a destructive power. It reminded me weapon of the Metukko’s dynasty: they upgraded the catalyst with prisms and reduce it. For fire, they concentrated on the curve prism the simple light, which diffuses the light in themselves, and then to the catalyst. The catalyst, however, thought it a powerful flow of energy and trying to replace energy of a large red crystal. The very same red was cut by special to the flow of energy focused at one point and beat in one direction.
    Well, it means that need to remove red, or else I will create orbital laser or a bomb of mass destruction. I did differently: with the help of Blaze I assembled a solar panel and a collector an aluminum with a core of green crystal, and to contain the charge has closed two contacts will create the force barrier. The energy from the panel is transported to the emitter and focuses diffusers in crystal. Done! Collector is ready! Fun fact: when storing large amounts of energy green crystal becomes tinged with red. But it is certainly not a transformation in avian red crystal, but rather the crystal is heated in such a way. Need a cooling system, and urgently.

[remeber that this is not OE, and delete part about civil war]

#2 EvDo, May 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  3. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Camp of survivors. The Sorrow...

What a rainy night... Like Kluex remembered about "red rain" on the Anaukhan. The day, when I saw how the frustration turns birds into beasts, worse than florans. I can't forget, they cut and burned each other, they hang the townspeople for their faith, and believers, holy warriors, were cut the grounded. Slaughter, a blind fierce aimed at the destruction, even the faithful have already forgotten about their traditions with fury and just catch anyone who was suspected of heresy, and threw them into the fires, cut throats, and prayed, prayed, prayed as if the gods needed the slaughter more than a mere mortal.
    Sands and tiles were red with blood, the citizens suffocated by the stench of burning feathers and rotting hanged... I saw a little boy ran after his mother, and she was holding in her arms a little girl, and behind them a distraught grounded with a knife and shouting. I was able to help them, but then the boy was shot by another rebel. "Death to Flightless butchers!" - so he shouted. I was hit on the head and fell, and they stabbed a woman by my own spear. All I remember is how the troops arrived and rescued her... Maybe she even alive. I hope. Her daughter, I saw her on the refugee ship, departing from this madness. And I just flew away, unable to bear this. Never seen such a metamorphosis... And during the flight I saw a burning planet is covered by forests. As in the stronghold of progress where anarchists fought with the government, is slowly turning planet in ruins. As florans ate citizens of the snow colony...
    Inferno... people need a bridle, or else they will go crazy. But bridle chosen wisely, or despair destroy their mind. I hope Blaze known how do this. I saw it with my own eyes... Please Kluex, give to me the strength to forget it... I can still hear that scream... Give me the strength to fight when I see it again... And let the girl will be safe... Poor little Nithetis, forgive me, I could not save your mother.

4. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Camp of survivors. Human machine and Doors to the Temple.

I have not seen this before, this thing is very similar to human... But this isn't a human but a machine. And it created very thin and gently. It looks like a low human female, very slender, her "skin" is white with a blue tint, the "hair" feels like some kind of polymer, lidless eyes and more looks like a cameras. I'll try to fix it and may be able to run this machine. If it doesn't then I have to call someone from the temple, or ask the one who smyslet in robotics. It is unlikely that someone from the temple can help with this thing... I've heard in the camp live someone with red hair who can help with this.
    So in other news, I left the camp for some time, took refuge in a cave to the east. Too many humans and it gets on my nerves. I think that hunting is going in my favor. And so today I received news from the temple, they have found what we were looking for, but the door need a place, it means that I should find a place where we will be able to pass and go back to the temple. The temple have a three doors now, one of them major.

5. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Camp of survivors. I have a wings again.

Finished! The ship finally finished. Broken red crystals replaced by several green and solar panels. Thanks to UV of Green I get a constant flow of energy through solar panels, and the catalyst is set to focus energy and discharge through Red shards, making my ship can fly. However, due to the lack of any possibility to do the work carefully, the ship looks like floranian. I hope I did not cleave to the approach to the temple. Instead, Green crystals I can take another ship, Nathunanon told me. Well, glad tidings, it is time to examine this sector and meet other colonies, I remember someone talking about Mud. And camp... I will stay here as a resident, but give the cabin as a inn for visitors.

6. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

The Temple. Turning to the future.

She'll do it. I still can't believe this, but finally she overcame her fears. My words about a reclusion will not do any good, fidelity of Nathunanon and resolution of the Clipped Council gave strength for her... On the one hand I'm so glad that I can't express it in words, the other me anxious for such a change. What if stolen library, suddenly all our secrets will be known... But Nathunanon swore . "I am trembling slave of the temple, and as long as I'm on my feet, nothing will break the balance," - so he said. This inspires confidence, besides, we will filter out those that are not worthy of the steps of the temple. And that's good, very good. I will personally speak to those who want to come in first, and Nathunanon make sure that I was not deceived. I sure, nobody deceive him, his appearance will scare even the demon. Yes... Now flightless will not wander in search of the temple. Thank Kluex, you're give the right way for Nech'Tal.

7. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

The Te... The Ruins. "Fall of Rahe"

I can not believe it... So many years, so much effort... It happened when I returned with the report about Light of the Mud. Nech'Tal not get in touch for a long time, and I sensed something was wrong. It was not like her. I arrived, and seen how a great temple of knowledge was destroyed... I'm still see a gaping hole in the wall and lying on the ground Rahe's monument. Damn... Damn! No, fuck! When did it happen? How did this happen? WHO DARE?! Delving into the ruins I found the charred remains... Several birds were praying here, and on one of them I saw her bracelets. I remember it because I myself have made it. I cremated them and scattered ashes... Ashe of my friend, a very dear friend to me. It was the looting of my house, inventions is stolen. I searched Nathunanon... But did not find him as if he has disappeared. How could you allow this? Damn you Nathunanon.
    I need time to be alone... Suggested to the work to distract from it. Maybe get a drunk.

2 people like this.
  8. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Justice. Notes one

Well... I decided to return to Antares, perhaps here my soul rest from the wrath that rankles me. Meditation in solitude didn't help, anger against Nathunanon still in me, and I think that I needed a way to calm down, come down not only in the temple but also gde-nibud where I can calmly deal with the case, and not to rush on cell or a ship in search of answers. The first thing I decided to visit the place, which I associated with Antares, Loswake. However, the gods decided otherwise - already on approach to the system I received a message a month ago, signed by Blaze, that crystals, which was in the ruins, began to emit a dangerous dose of radiation, and therefore Loswake was thrown. I think that somehow repeater still worked, apparently working on the radiation of these crystals. So, another place... Fallen Upsite. Not the best place to soothe the soul, but the best place to find the forgotten techniques and devices that would be useful to me for a new place where I can work, or at least to hide.
    For three days I was there. Many looters already ransacked this place, but several useful things, such as replicator, atomic horn and coffiemachine I was able to find, as well as a huge amount of high-voltage wires. Everything has been immediately transferred to my new ship. Pity Wind of Change, I tied with this ship a lot of travel and stories, but two hundred years for a transport starship was a lot, especially after my numerous experiments with the central catalyst. Sadly...
    Finished in a ghost town, I went to The Mud for just relax and have drink wartwine a bit. But I've drunk, damn me void, like boozer and, according to the guards, almost broke into to somebody's house. It's a shame, but it helped me forget for a little while. However, I ran into a stone - because of my antics I was forbidden to visit and so closed to the colony.
    Exploring Starnet I came across an advertisement for the ranch of Gillian Plains and curiosity dragged me there. Beautiful place, reminded me of the world where I hatched. The ranch stood on the plains with views over the hills, which helped organize the thought, but not only a beautiful view of impact on my further action. Human interrupted my melancholy mood, and we talked a bit, I can't remember his name, but I remember clearly the status - he called himself a judge. After a brief conversation, he asked me about our religion and having listed him our gods, the judge told me that he executed a few avian for their sacrifaces to the gods. It angered me, and my beak told him that I also executed several human mercenaries seven years ago, and asked why we should to discuss about how to kill the other races. But without thinking, he said, that how someone will obey the law, if enyone don't want to remember about it, or something similar. I wondered. For indeed, if we will be unaction, the perpetrators go unpunished. I really had wanted to continue the conversation, but the message from a friend stopped me. Saying goodbye, I returned to the ship and flew on to the coords wich was send for me.
    While flying, my mind says: Nathunanon was the guardian Djahuti Naos, and vowed to protect the Temple. He himself was too proud to run away from the battlefield, and it means if he allowed the temple destroy, then he is still alive. And this was the crime, as he swore in front of Kluex that the temple will fall only after his death. He broke the vow in front of his Lord and Gods and deserved punishment. So I have to find him, and submit to justice.
    The coordinates led me on the arid planet, inhabited by mammals leading a primitive way of life. They were quite friendly and brought me to my friend's house, which now belonged to me. As I understand it, until they had built themselves, but I was even pleased, fewer questions will be at the other aliens.
    Bottom line is, I got a shelter, where I can work and found a purpose. Throwing off the extra weight in the house, I went to where was not fifteen years, to where I can find support - Holy Avos.

1 person likes this.
  9. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

The Great Land of Faith
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Light-giving is repelled by the ocher-colored brick, rushing into eyes and awakening thoughts about greatness of the gods. Pyramids and winged sculptures with grandeur flock to the heavens, so that flightless could be at height without wings. In its glory scarlet like a gigantic heart, which suffused with the hot blood crystals gived their power to the temples, which are never to be seen by aliens. Holy Avos, splendor of the avian kind, the cradle of righteousness and wisdom... I admire this place, not being his native because only here the aesthetics of simplicity and grandeur harmonied, like feathers and wind. My visits to the Holy Avos will always be accompanied by the humble worship of birds that were put stones thousands years ago in this world.
    I arrived in the capital, since only in the Archive of Avochitlan had seen hope to find information about soldiers, who I believe was a traitor. Colonial Census stores the names of every bird that ever been found. Millions scrolls stored archivists cherished avian lifelong, could answer a few questions - whether Nathunanon alive and where he could be right now, because even the most far-living avian is captured by the missionaries, priests and spies. Naturally the ordinary citizen does not have access here, but I had a trump card - my involvement in the cult Djahuti Naos and my serving to the temple in Antares. Status of the priest, although nomadic, could also help. However, to pass at once I couldn't, the guards find me a tramp because of appearance, and the patch on the shoulder did not give them confidence in the righteousness of my words. Amulets of priest they found stolen, and the first night I was spent in the guardian tower, until came the response to a request from the local Spire of Rahe. Moderate strictness was replaced by courtesy, and that was good, the guards did their duty faithfully.
    Archivists immediately recognize the cult's stripe, and questioned about Nech'Tal... I asked to hide her scroll in after-burial crypt and give me permission to view the names scrolls of desert birds with suffix Nath, and also took responsibility for the denunciation about the incident to the Spire of Rahe. As it turned out Nathunanon is not very original name. More than eight thousand avians and about two thousand in Antares! It's a little surprised me, and putting several scrolls I left the archive until the next day.
    Taking a walk along the stone cobbles I was a little embarrassed by so many birds around, but rejoicing seeing feathers and beaks instead of the lips and hair. On the Great Area near the Spire of Rahe I noticed how chicks and their parents are going to the amphitheater. Take a seat on a centuries-old tree next to youths, I have seen show "Legend of Ublahan", my favorite tale of ancient times, in the days of the kings unrest. Legend has it that a young acolyte Ublahan was disgusted to see how kings are killing each other, and gathered militia from different tribes under Kluex emblems, and led avians to put an end to strife, carrying the truth of God's Word. He was one of the founders of the Clipped Council, declaring a single authority over the entire planet, and then the Avos became the Holy Avos. I could not miss such a representation, though for the boys was strange to see fifty years old priest, who deftly jump on the tree. Perhaps it was a shock to them, but then youths watched the show until the end without tension.
    Was getting dark. I was already in the Spire of Rahe on the outskirts of the city, and telling the high priest about the tragedy. He was shocked, and asked to find Nathunanon, so that he appeared before the hidden court. I bowed and sacrificing one of the diamond for this temple, and my legs carried me to the High Nesting, resting place for priests, who arriving to the Avos and not have their own home in the cradleworld. I have met sunset already on the balcony, eating delicacies and watching as the inhabitants flee to their homes, which reminded me of large aliens cities. Apparently this is the fate of each of the capital - to be bustling and vibrant. The view from the balcony was perfect for me, on the left hand stretched bright wood with stupefying fragrance of flowers and wet leaves. On the right was view on the Spire and the town, and at this time of day the light from the giant crystals gave to the city a shade of red gold. Watching the outgoing star and emerging stars, I could only lean on the railing and surrender to the beauty and reverence for the great world...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    View attachment 4442

2 people like this.
  10. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

1 person likes this.
  11. EvDo

EvDo Man with accent

Wake up Tephetkan, your legs want to walk...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh Arbiter... How long this page was alone from my pen? I think very long. Papyrus seems dusty, and glyphs covered with cracks, and old ink dried up. But I glad to this, because I finally finished with my wrath. Arrives to the Great Sandsea, city Otherekhan. Same for me I should guess where's Nathunanon can be, but I would not mind in blind anger to seek simple roads. My eyes was surprised: without harsh Metuko's dynasty city rise. Birds were glad to be free from radical faith ways, and opened doors to any bird, who want to enter. Law to water was stopped, and guardians were just a guardians not the gendarme. And warriors will join to Holy Army, what give to them more honor. Unara said that. She is a military aviator, squadron leader and strange dance of boiling blood and a passionate devotion. Devotion to her ideals and minds, like a man, but not a woman. I said to her about Nathunanon and his treatment, but Unara wasn't surprised, and explain that he not a honorful. When should he groveling, but he knows nothing about devotion. And he is here, in the Sandsea, with his wild savage roots. Then I ask her to help, and she agree, but with one condition - I'll help to her with clean her soul. Well... as faith mentor of Great Temple I can do this, and we start long abstinence.
    She obediently repeated prayers all time, her sacrifices was great, her words clean and true. And her eyes look at me not like on priest... I know this look, because I'm seems this from other, besides bird gave feathers to each other in the streets - the Season comes, and everyone was waiting for this time. I can't have a mate, faith mentors should be free. But we all just a sponge in the Season, whiсh absorb female smell when origin said. And her strength, her leader-soul sometimes throws commands to my side, and that excites me like something wonderfully. After abstinence, I'm and Unara Neftheph greeted Season with a big southeast celebration... We said goodbye to each other, I'm walking to the temple and she to her home... Where my gift waited her. In simple priest's room, where I heard passionate cries from the youngest, was found a feather in my bag... Red like a blood from the arteries, her father, and my wall was cracked. My feet carried me to Unara house so fast that I can. I said: "I can't to have a nest, my status, my soul wants to be only free. I can't be with you everytime, dogma disallows this. You understand?", she answered: "A-ha, sure. I can't be on one place everytime too. But why I find this in my bed, Tephetkan?", and showed to me brown feather from my tail. I just said to her truth, that I want a continue my family. Sometimes, Gods will give to us a gift, and Unara was one of this because our desires were identical. We are letting to speak, what can check from us will get. He can be a warrior like mother or priest like father right from the hatch, good start to be something great in Avos. We promised not to become attached to each other, we decided that the girl will go to the clerics and the boy in the army. And our bodies will mixed in beautiful ecstasy and passion...
    After two weeks we flew in the Nathunanon searching (Unara was free). We are landing in the little village placed in Oasis, and asks follow us to the temple (such of ironical). Nathunanon was surprised to see me, and could not speak... He only shoot to me, but miss... Unara fall behind me and my hand just throw spear to Nath's side. Than I don't remember, only fractured pictures when we fight with Nathunanon, he hit me and we fall from rock... Don't want to explain in page, he just dead right now. He and Unara.
    It's hard to write more... I just want to write that justice sometimes was injustice... I'm back to the Main Temple looking for a way to distract, and find this in avian with name Itli Chatlique. He's a scientist from core worlds and we were met a long time ago. He arrived to resolution for his friend Oula on expedition in unexplored world. Besides, he seek a crystal technician because this expedition should be fully avian. After a short conversation he's got a faith mentor with a full resolution to exploration and space travels and inventor from Rahe's cult. Well, for a long time I did not participate in something like that, new thoughts overwhelmed me, but... I still see her face in my dreams...

#11 EvDo, Feb 19, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2017
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.