1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Plans moving forward

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Twitch, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Donovennn

Donovennn New Member

I might have Silk take up exploring. I mean, there'd be a ton of new biomes to check out, and this could be a fun way of ICly exploring those new places.

2. Doc

Doc Video Game Extraordinaire

I'm actually considering starting a farming colony to kinda jump in on the economy idea. So instead of colonies and factions just getting food from "out of sector" or wherever the heck they get it from, they can trade with me if they so desire. That money means expansion and improvements, meaning more, and higher quality, food. Kind of a nice little circle of life I can see working out if all goes well.

3. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

I love when players do stuff like this. The downside is that usually, everyone ignores the idea of roleplay and either ignores the already existing farms, or they start their own farms with food that's magically higher quality. It doesn't just stop with farms, either. When it comes to being good at stuff, people tend to just plug in unreasonably high values of skill in things (Combat, Weaponsmithing, Technology) and lazily justify it with their character's backstory, which while some of it needs to be backstory, some actual development other than "I'm the best because I say so" is nice.

4. Doc

I plan on having it improve over time as the farmers work the land. Of course, all the people I currently have on board aren't farmers originally, so they'll learn as they go. So the food quality will start off at "Eh, it's OK" at first, and in small quantities with minimal income. And as time goes on and the farmers learn and get better equipment and the likes, I'll have the quality steadily increase. Of course I'm not gonna charge stupid amounts of money for it, but yes, as quality goes up, price will as well, to meet the costs of the new equipment and such needed to improve the quality.

Dynamic farming RP for the win.

5. QuestionableMotives

QuestionableMotives Not To Be Trusted

*cough*willthisbusinessneedtransportation*coughcough*

6. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

Shhhh I have my own plans for that >_>

7. QuestionableMotives

SHUSH YOU HOW ELSE IS MY FREIGHTER GONNA BE PUT TO USE

8. Doc

Well, we'll just have to see who has better business etiquette and who can win me over in-character. So... CHUCKLEFISH UPDATE PLS

9. QuestionableMotives

Oh, so that probably means Avis is gonna win.
    CURSE YOU, AVIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSS

10. Raideck

Raideck Member

I could use transportation for my metals if you go see my Durasteel factory page in the market. It's not safe for the people who make the metals deliver it too.

11. Narfball

Narfball narfball

i'll come back to the server and maybe make an gladiator glitch

wink wink nudge nudge honk honk

i might also harass people to check my soundcloud IC as leg.exe

12. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Current plans.

1. Sativa/Vinecutter is trying to get back Opportunity, once 1.0 rolls around, me and John will probably talk more on how exactly that would work, I already got an impatient group wanting to get in on this action.

2. Teddy's just gonna do what the fuck ever, she's hanging with Crowliss now, and other than having a new robo-arm, nothing much is happening with her for now, well, except yelling "GOOD MORNING VIETNAM" all the time.

3. JVK's curiosity in human religion has caused him to start forging a sort of deity figure for the Glitch Race, making a temple for it, what exactly is he using for the temple? Smelted Glitch and a lot of stone!

4. Goldplucker...no clue to be honest, I mean, she's an Avian pirate and that's it, dunno what to do other than make her a ship.

5. June is most likely going to be similar to Teddy, no real major role in anything, just some girl that got frozen in time and woke up with a bunch of fish and plant people.

6. I'm working on a Novakid named Ursula Diethyl that will be the sheriff of a Novakid themed town, sorta like the Gulch but uh...y'know, not forgotten hopefully.
    I still love you Aiko~!

13. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

-Alter novakid sprites to be less ugly.
    -Think up IC way to kill off novakid with minimal effort
    -Fix messed up colours on avian armour
    -Eat a pie
    -Praise Kluex

14. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

Magnets

15. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

make novakids banned from all colonies due to their explosive nature
    ignore their existence
    treat them as a sub race

16. Shag

Shag High Impact Sexual Implications

I'm gonna try and make a company that sells colonization equipment :D
    I wish I had that custom furniture program...

17. Tacoburger

Tacoburger professional taco burger

that would be helpful
    only problem is getting funding for the colonization equipment business to sell to other non-funded colonies who need funding to fund their funds

18. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

• Screw around on Crowliss with his trio of travelers, Gringo and Teddy, exploring the new territory and looking for people he knew from Tet.
    • Get Crow preggers.
    • Have Siarra return to Antares once some civilization comes into view.
    • Kill off Nef, if he lives till the update.
    • Help a non-bar RP centralized colony.

19. Foray

Foray New Member

• Encourage everyone to build a set of colonies in one central solar system and see where that would go. Just pick a system with a lot of planet clusters in orbit and go to town. It would both foster interplanetary communication and give more of a basis for trade and specialized facilities, I think, given the unwieldy nature of Starbound's current co-ord systems. (I don't believe that they are including a bookmarking system in the 1.0 update, though I'm not sure.)
    • Build a shipyard/ship-engineering facility/interstellar gas station in an asteroid field.
    • Maybe get around to creating a lore-gatherer faction -- The Librarians. I have most of the writing in place (clicky click): The Order of Librarians / Vades Mecum

20. OmegaMatt

OmegaMatt Last But Not Least

• Build a ship grave yard.
    • Build a scavenging outpost / flea market in said ship graveyard.
    • Burn food that should be easy to cook.
    • Almost light a kitchen on fire.
    • Accidentally spit on people.
    • Make obscene hand gestures.
    • Interrupt romantic conversations.
    • Head butt a drunk person.
    • Forget to bathe.