1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Optional] Community Mod Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. LeD

LeD New Member

Nah, It wasn't char-breaking kind of crash, but item-is-broken-and-equipped kind of crash. It crashed everytime I tried to play because I had this item "in hands". Inventory edit actually helped and I didn't need to rollback to backup.

Oh and Yarn Spinner isn't really needed to spawn items.
    It's all under C as well.

2. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Hm, this may be good to note for the future. Maybe similar people can be fixed with the same method.

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

4. Narfball

Narfball narfball

I'm running into an odd issue where none of the mods are loading. I've got the file downloaded and in the mods folder, updated bootstrap in win32 as well. Any idea as to what I'm fucking up?

EDIT: Had to split a folder.

5. Skygrinder

Skygrinder New Member

Um...

Is it possible to disable a mod, but still be able to log on to the server? Because I don't want these free items listed, when I delete the addon, it's telling me that I don't have the same version. I only want to disable the addon that gives new items to be created and for free, too. So I just need to be able to remove that, if it's not a problem.

6. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I don't think the restriction is up yet, that's a common error

7. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

An update for that mod is really really close. Soon it'll be out of your hair, don't worry

8. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Unless it's been updated, yes, that's probably just the server version bug. And that's really, really common. Try relogging a couple times, that usually fixes it.

9. Vae

Vae Self-aware Spambot..

Actually kind of sad to see theres a modpack now, I was actually kind of rooting for the opposite to happen. Vanilla was a really fun experience.

10. White

White The Guy who is always working.

Love the community mod pack myself, just to state that, vanity mod's great, hairstyles new appearances, hats, I can understand some people don't want the spawners, but for us whom love building stuff, it would be horrible, there would be no Avalon, fort mattins etc, if that was the case.

11. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Fort Mittens would be funnier

12. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

So I deleted Sen's mod (Yarnspinner, right?) so that I don't run into any issues, either accidentally spawning something or not. I was able to log in just fine. Is that because the server doesn't have the Mod Wall yet or what?

13. techno_spider

techno_spider New Member

Odd question, but is there a way that we could set the default chat when you first spawn to world chat rather than universe chat? I know it sounds like a small thing but when we have all these reboots, re-rolls and crashes, constantly people might say "What wonderful weather" shortly followed by "oops W/C".

14. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Version 0.3 released.

Changelog:
    • Removed Yarnspinner
    • Added Sen's ILikeCheating Mod + Crash Fix
    Please delete your mods folder and overwrite with the new version.

15. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

"Mod Wall" doesn't work, so I'm just encouraging everyone to use our Mod Pack to increase stability.

16. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

On the topic of creative mode I just want to say that:

1. I agree that it should not be on the "C" character menu. Sen agrees with that also and said he's moving it elsewhere where it won't be immediately accessible except to those who are deliberately making an effort to use it.
    2. I agree that it should not have armour/weapons/vanity items/instruments because half the fun is finding those things in chests.
    3. I disagree that it shouldn't exist at all, and I'll tell you why. Currently in the game there is no way of getting dungeon blocks without mining dungeon blocks en masse, world-by-world, hours upon hours of right clicking and NPC killing and home wrecking. (Or strip-mining entire solar systems if you're building out of metal.) I'm a builder; that's my playstyle. That grind is what I have to face if I want to play the way I like to play. The entry point to my playstyle is so much more than, say, an adventurer's playstyle which only requires some fuel (1/50/200) and a random planet. So without creative mode, I'd have to spend weeks just "farming" materials, not minutes farming fuel, to then be allowed to build structures limited not by my creativity, but by how much I've sold my soul to the most boring, carpal-tunnel-inducing, right-click-and-wait experience ever of dismantling NPC dungeons. No.
    4. It takes about a week or more of daily play and hours of surveying, testing, building, unbuilding, mathematics, and decorating to build one good structure. It takes much longer to build a world of structures; much longer to build a whole world dungeon that gets crafted for the enjoyment of others. The word I'd use for such effort is not "cheating."
    5. I find the ridiculous inflation showcased by bounties and player-sold items to be utterly inane. Please stop using the top tier of voxel storage (10k) as baseline currency; doing that betrays a lack of imagination and restraint.

Perhaps a warning via README can be inserted into the zip file. I agree with Chron in thinking that we rushed this when we didn't need to, though I understand that it was done in the interest of more immediate server stability. That said, I'm not altogether too comfortable with the idea of forced upon mods when, from what I've gathered, we're mostly doing this to prevent the Vanity Mod, which incidentally is a good intentioned initiative, from spamming the server with error messages and crashing it. I know I certainly did not appreciate reading the Vanity mod thread to find such winner lines as "People WITHOUT the mod seem to be causing the problems!" When an optional thing such as a mod is broken (not saying Vanity is broken; speaking generally here), I don't think blaming the people who decided not buy into it is necessarily the solution.

tl;dr:
    Building is not cheating. It is hard work thankfully alleviated by creative mode, kthnx.

17. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

I too am also annoyed that pixels have such little value. A drink at a bar shouldn't be more than what, 5 or 10 pixels? But we end up having like piles of 10k voxels thrown over a counter for a glass of water. It's cray cray

18. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Vanity Mod is not the problem. Mods are the problem.
    The problem was there long before Vanity Mod came along.
    This is not a response to Vanity Mod.
    This is a response to all Mods.

19. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

Are we actually exchanging things outside of RP context? The only time I have seen people actually exchange Voxel was at Omega's Gun shop, and that literally makes sense cause he was giving people actual guns. Otherwise, I always RPed giving people the money I owe or whatever.

20. White

White The Guy who is always working.

You write my thoughts exactly but only on the 5 points, but I don't agree with the vanity statement, its not the problem its -all- the mods, being used, all the different, if it was just the vanity mod it would probably not even be a problem. and all honesty the vanity mod is probably the -best- thing out there for roleplay, its diversity, its uniqueness and i couldn't imagine why someone would refuse to use it, you're not forced to, and all it does is let you see more variety.