1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[Optional] Community Mod Pack

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Kazyyk, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

There's currently an issue with the enforcement system, so you no longer need to worry about your Assets folder until the system is fixed.
    However, it is very highly recommended that you install our Mod Pack to reduce strain on the server.

Mod Pack, or crashes & lag. Your choice.

2. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

Spawnableitemspack is the yarn spinner mod.

3. RedPine

RedPine New Member

I've entered the server and talked to people using Galaxy chat. Without the mod pack. Haven't seen another character yet though.

4. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Please get the Latest Update.

5. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Version 0.2 released.

Changelog:
    1. Added Yarnspinner so players can craft items

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Version 0.2.1 released.

Changelog:
    1. Fixed a small error in the Vanity Mod that was causing server side errors

7. Pixel

Pixel Captain Amurica

My fps drastically increased. Was that supposed to happen? :D

8. VSwift

VSwift New Member

So, minor issue here. I'm all in favor of the required modpack and have noticed a difference in the server already! But I didn't realize that part of it was giving you access to ALL THE THINGS by default. This is a huge, huge turnoff personally, as I have yet to witness, let alone progress through a fraction of the game's content yet. I really enjoy slowly building up crafting recipes and resources bit by bit, both from an OOC and IC perspective.

What I'm getting at is this: Is it possible for me to have the proper mods and assets installed to comply with the server, without having access to every item/recipe in the game? I feel this is probably an important issue not just for me, but a lot of other players as well.

9. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Sure, just remove what you don't want out of the mods folder.

10. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

Yes, play on SP and never use a yarn spinner ever.

11. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

Just because you have access to something doesn't me you are required to use it.

12. Sen

Sen Guest

The FCSMod is not strictly required, as it only affects people who create new characters on the server. You can create a modifiable ship in single player with the FCSMod, then bring it to multiplayer without the FCSMod.

EDIT: Yikes, looked like you added my yarn spinner mod to the game. Well, don't craft smooth concrete or blue / green neon symbol blocks, you'll corrupt your character.

13. Fen

Fen Pretty ßird

Eurika, Good job! Question; Are players without these or with added mods be able to log in? It would be swell if one could not.

Edit: I read that someone managed to log in without the pack.

14. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

Shields aren't up yet is why.

15. White

White The Guy who is always working.

that's a big deal, needs correction quickly then, as we really don't want community members corrupting their characters left and right.

16. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

Welp, downloaded the Mod Pack. Originally I was wary against the idea, but seeing as some people are noticing improvements, I will give it a chance ((Already installed it, just didn't get to play yet.)) I just hope that people won't see this as some excuse to go crazy using creative mode or end up using a mod that can actually break the system.
    Thats the only issue I see, is that I think these mods in moderation are fine but people might see this as an excuse to just abuse the shit, especially creative mode. I won't be using it really, unless circumstances come up.

17. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

Cheating in items becouse you want to RP and you don't want to farm items is okay (at least for me). Not caring about Voxels just becouse you have infinity is not okay.

_I THINK_ There should be rules about RPing caring about items (Even if you don't really do) becouse it's stupid all those overpriced bounties.

18. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

I'm seriously missing some items on the cheat mods. All the armors, the USCM fingerprint scanner, etc...

EDIT: Nevermind. It's just I didn't knew how to find that stuff.

EDIT2: There's actually missing stuff : Capes and weapons.

#58 Iridium616, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  19. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

That's because the CreativeMode mod was severely gutted (only contains unlocks and water gun now) and Sen's Yarnspinner mod isn't actually finished. Keep an eye out for Sen's list of "blocks not to make unless you want to corrupt your character."

Also, I agree with you on the cheating within reason. I played in SP all the way to LVL 10 and most of my internal recipes are ones I've discovered on my own. (I still don't have most food recipes.) For me, CreativeMode is about building spaces for others to enjoy, not counterfeit voxels and generate inflation. The overpriced bounties and items I see advertised irk me too.

20. Zionus Dalmone

Zionus Dalmone New Member

I can see Creative being used simply for creation, especially for a public place. That is an understandable thing.
    Also, if we are using a mod that isn't complete and has game deleting stuff, maybe we shouldn't include it until its perfectly safe to use?