1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Opinions On Asa Yoshida and time to come clean

Discussion in 'Character Discussion' started by Ariexe, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Khaltor

Khaltor Lore Master

and after all that damage she was able to outrun Sharptooth? I call bullshit...

2. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Look. the sharpshooter event came at and timing and im not settled on consenting asa's tounge. As for the trident stab, you didn't capture that her lunge was changed after the reset, and it /did/ bleed her out. she had abit of time to recover from blood loose, and the whole fetal wound was changed because we all knew asa would have died. As for outrunning sharp I would imagine she had time to run, than escaping at the skin of her whatever the term is. I didn't want to start improving at death. and im going to face sharp. and im not doing it with back up. I also plan to loose, but /hopefully/ not loose her tongue.

/no one/ at the time called me out on this, and I honestly was too focused on the event to think about her trident wound. by the time I did she was already behind a locked door.

EDIT: And yea, you didn't capture Aegis's moves, and are making it look worse that it was. by the time she was stabbed she tried to continue fighting but just ended up face planting the snow.

3. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

As for her tounge, I know cloning is against the rules and I have no plans to clone asa. but someone came up to my character about lab grown body replacements. would a mod input on this? I'd rather not be added to the group of mutes... No offence to those who play mutes

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Hey, hey. It's not a big deal. It's just something to pay attention to. Using a bit of wiggle room to keep your character alive? That's totally fine! You don't have to kill your character to avoid being a power gamer. The fighting definitely improved, it just ... could improve more. Realism is an issue, just keep cracking at it.

5. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

I agree with you in-terms of realism. im all for realism.. but the problem is the healing in starbound is weird since its 400 years in the future.. I would assume a nano-wrap would seal a wound relatively quick... like an IC day. A broken bone? 3 or 4 days. Its just the SharpTooth event with asa was unexpected. and im tyring to wiggle my way around asa going from a challenge to being a ragdoll. I still want to have her as a challenge.. and tbh wasnt too happy with her just being impaled... but she did jump into it..
    But like I said... I dont wana play the main character anymore.

6. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

View attachment 2155

I know the whole situation was absolute shit - and that just comes from having like a dozen people in a small enclosed combat situation - but this is the kind of stuff we're talking about.

Attached Files:

• asa.png
      asa.png
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
  7. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

Im just going to kill her off. realistically she should be dead. I'm going to start from a clean plate.

Also, to avoid confusion. shes not dead... But shes is.. I hope you get what I mean. I still want to play her because im pretty attached to her... but Im not going to put her back into the merc buisness.

Its to be fair and frankly at this point. I don't want any trouble.. she already has sharp after her, and the wolves probably want to kill her too.

8. JimHarrison

JimHarrison Grouchy Player

Neat.
    im really sorry about the shitstorm that happened.

9. Ariexe

Ariexe New Member

yea.. plot twist.

and really.. Antares is different from where I grew up in-terms of roleplay... I have other characters to practice with. and become better. but this is a good excuse to finally make asa intresting