1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Onatsuta; A new settlement!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aero, May 25, 2014.

1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Oh! If you're going to destroy the place anyways, I could use a good test site for my anti-matter bomb. I still don't fully know how it's gonna work."

-Aedan

2. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

((Don't bring Chronicle into an argument expecting you'll win. That guy's a pro.))

3. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[Maz_AE_kial]

I'm still stuck on this one, myself. How the heck does this technology even WORK? How was it achieved, because this seems ludicrous from my point of view.

And then we get the humorous comment that [Twitch-give-yourself-a-damned-username] mentioned about stairs, along with a few others that come to my mind...

Wrenches
    Hammers
    Torches
    Blow Torches
    Stoves
    Sticks
    Stones
    Words
    Literally any other blunt or hot object in existence
    Batteries
    Electricity in general
    Foods that are poisonous to some races but not others
    People with contagious diseases
    Sarcastic people in close proximity to people who have no sense of humor
    People who wear nothing but armor everywhere they go
    The Top Top Hat

And many, many more specific things that can be used as a weapon or can be a danger to oneself or those around them, intentionally or accidentally.

4. MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE

MEAN GREEN BAD MACHINE Notorious B.A.D.

The SSS Into the Infinite Badness is actually equipped with YZ-48 Positron Torpedoes, if you need demolition for cheap.

-Badstar

5. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

[Maz_AE_kial]

She clearly said she's only taking the system down, not the settlement.

6. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

It's a shame that this system has to be taken down, it sounded pretty cool. Oh well.
    I guess it's for the better?

-Mysmarri

7. Aero

Aero New Member

Yes, let us not be DENSE and read what we want to read. Please go back and readjust your eyes, I will probably take down the PACIFICATION field only. This place was expensive, mind you.

Perhaps it is for the better. If it will appease people, making their brains feel safe knowing they're not being tampered with to ensure that some people don't cause indecency or damage to my settlement simply because they are paranoid (And for the record, yes, there is no medical side effects nor damage to mechanic beings), I suppose it is for the better, huh? If letting others have the opportunity to commit homicide and cause violence with-in the cities walls is what the general consensus is, then so be it. I'll just have to hire more security, I suppose.

AND THIS IS WHY; I wanted the pacification field. So no one could even THINK of harming others with things like these.

8. Mazékial

Mazékial New Member

...That's kinda the reason why I pointed those out. How WOULD the system define such objects as weapons and not, say, tools? Even if the system is removed, I am very perplexed about that...

Personally, if you're so concerned with keeping people who commit crimes from committing crimes, then use the pacification system only on those who commit a crime. Sure this essentially means every criminal gets a "freebie" for crime if they're that stupid, but that's the most logical and least morally questionable route I can think of on the top of my head.

9. Aero

Aero New Member

I'll answer more of your questions of the scanners later. Anyways, now that people are so paranoid even thinking about it being on would lead them to assume I'm "brainwashing them" behind their backs. The fact of the matter is I can't have this thing active or people will refuse to partake in the settlement. It is as plain as that.

10. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

-Barbados, signed in as Crystalbubs42-

I had one of those back on the homeland... The main problem was the fact that when the Florans came, we were left defenseless, and we were slaughtered. Us Crystal Fins were left untampered with of course, but our citizens were eaten mercilessly, without relent. You see, the Florans had "technology" that averted the field... I don't want another repeat of the homeland. And face it: Your colony is a target. Just my thought on things. I know it is to be disabled already, but I thought I'd share my thoughts.

11. Silver

Silver Ain't no thing like me 'cept me.

[[Damocles, Voice Only]]

Uhhh... Just want to check something here. This uh "pacification field generator"... where'd you pick it up? I only mention it because the last time I encountered a pacification field generator, I saw twenty-three scientists tear each other apart with their bare hands and teeth. Malfunction in the magnetic delivery system after an ion dispersion accident in the lab next door, which is a funny story but really not theoretically uncommon. Inventions that mess with brain waves or chemistry remotely are notoriously fragile and require constant recalibration which is why we still mostly use the ancient methods of propaganda, television advertisements, and uh sodium thiopental.

Anyway, um, to make a long story short? If you picked up that pacification field generator from anywhere in space where it was just sitting there unattended because someone forgot to follow protocols and atom smash it first so as not to break a prime directive against dumping dangerous inventions on unsuspecting primitives... I'd destroy it.

12. Sen

Sen Guest

(( Calmguard ))

Those who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Let it be known that the perverted delusion of peace through violating the sanctity of the mind is the creation of a single deviant, and that the Hylotl people as a whole would condemn this abomination of a settlement.

#52 Sen, May 29, 2014
    Last edited: May 29, 2014
  13. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Lyra

Again playing hero. I can tell from, eh, personal experience, playing people's minds is between the worst things to pluck, heavens.

Get rid of it before a tornado comes in.

14. Aero

Aero New Member

I believe my friend Lyra has said it the best. We will be putting down the field sometime tomorrow.

15. Aero

Aero New Member

Alright. Our field is down. But we need more security positions filled!