1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Onatsuta; A new settlement!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Aero, May 25, 2014.

1. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"Yeahokay. You keep believing that. When the florans overwhelm the settlement, I'll be sitting on the sidelines saying 'I told you so.'"

-Aedan

2. Aero

Aero New Member

Suit yourself! You're missing out on a beautiful sight.

-CuteFishie, Omizu Suiyoubi

3. Aero

Aero New Member

Hehe. I'll let you know when that happens. And if your referring back to the home planet, that is rather rude.

4. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Anna-
    And this is why I left the hylotl city I used to live on..

5. Aero

Aero New Member

Because of the opinions of others? What a pity...

6. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-Anna-
    No. Because of people like you.

7. Aero

Aero New Member

Ah. Needless to say, if it does not suit your style of life, or your opinion of me is not high due to past experiences, it is respected.

8. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

The casual way you dismiss the fact you are messing with people's minds is disgusting.

9. Goldsum

Goldsum New Member

Fixed that for you. So how long have you been working with Big Ape?
    -Dr. Hertz

10. Aero

Aero New Member

It is not to be unjust, is it? Though I see how the concept may be unsettling to many. People will still be themselves. Just without violence. And you may leave anytime you want; if you ever choose to come in the first place.

11. Aero

Aero New Member

Hehe. Dark comedy, lovely. Yes, as suspicious as it may be, the people who choose not to listen to their paranoia enjoy living in the city. Label as you must to feel comfortable with what I do, but know that I do not intend to keep people under harsh conditions and tell them left and right what to do. I am simply leaving no room for violence.

I also refute all claims of working for Big Ape. He is... unpleasant.

12. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

People will not be themselves there, you take away their free will to make choices the second they walk into your colony. You are pretty much enslaving people when they walk into your settlement. Just because they can leave at any time doesn't mean it isn't stripping them of their freedom. Not everyone read StarNet, not everyone is going to know your colony makes them drink the kool-aid.

Just because its in the name of peace, love, and unicorns doesn't make it right.

13. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

I think this is the part where I take offense.

But seriously, Omizu. You used to seem like a pretty alright lady. The hell is wrong with you? You're coming off as even more of an asshole than me. There are basic moral fundamental thingies that need to be maintained and shit.

-Cole Harris

14. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

Hey, I think this is pretty nice. Stop bothering the poor lady if you hate her so much.

-Mysmarri

15. Aero

Aero New Member

Well come now. Simply because I'm tired of violence makes me morally unjust? The means justify the end. And heck, I'm not harming anyone in the process.

At least there is someone that agrees with me. Hehe.

#35 Aero, May 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  16. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

...Truly, this is disturbing.

Hacking into the minds of organics on a broader scale such as this is... exceptionally questionable at best, and outright despicable at worst. Even if this is only for peacekeeping purposes, history shows that the odds of this being used entirely for benevolent purposes are extraordinarily small, even with optimistic thinking.

And this public relations announcement does not reflect any such optimism. Information on this...mass-programming-alteration was non-existent when I first examined this listing, and only slowly came to light after the issue was pressed by others in the public. Even then, information on this is very much incomplete. Has such a device been tested properly to ensure no negative bugs or medical effects from the process? How does it affect the minds of those that are not Hylotl? Furthermore, a large-scale zone of electronically-based interference such as this would undoubtedly have negative effects on electronic devices... And mechanical lives. As a mechanical sentient, I am extraordinarily concerned about the effects of such a creation on visitors such as myself and my kind.

My word, I am concerned about those that are not my kind, even. We have only your word to judge for this, and - while I mean no offense by this - your statements have seemed evasive at best and reluctant at worst. This resembles propaganda significantly more than it resembles a legitimately informative message. Furthermore, even if this is the best-case scenario, and works exactly as you claim it does, you have outright implied that it could be used for significantly more nefarious purposes than it is already used for. (Which, in and of themselves, are very much debatable on an ethical and moral level already.)

I don't intend to write an essay on this or any such thing, but I will say this seems extraordinarily suspicious to me, and I would not trust this establishment with my personal safety based off of what I have seen here. Nor the safety of my people. I do not know if your intent is genuine, but I do not trust that it is from the knowledge I currently possess.

I leave you all with a pair of quotes - the first from "Of The Machine" by Sir Clefton of Wirefort, humble blacksmith turned philosopher...

"...and lo, without free will, I am but a sword, or hammer, or forge, or cart. 'Tis such a gift that make me sentient, that give me life. Loathe to he that would take this from me."

...and the second, from "The Tale of the Blinded Eye", by 'Spacecutter', an old Apex revolutionary.

"Propaganda is the poor man's truth."

- Chronicle

17. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

You, uh, got the order a little wrong there.

-Cole Harris

18. Aero

Aero New Member

....Hmm. Y'know. It seems this has become a huge problem for so many people. So, I may consider taking it down and destroying the technology all together, seeing how I did not think it could get into the wrong hands. This is a compelling and well written concern; with maturity and proper language, and I have taken notice to it. Thank you for your feed-back.

Oh darn it, you're right. Thanks bud.

-CuteFishie, Omizu Suiyoubi.

19. Mystyice

Mystyice New Member

You know, maybe you should just make doing bad deeds frowned upon. Maybe if you fined people something cheap like five pixels every time they cursed. It would definitely stop them a little.

-Mysmarri

20. AmyCat

AmyCat New Member

A device set up to stop violence, hate, killing, grudges... set up to help keep a relaxed, calm, holiday like environment is classed as immoral by others in this system. I do not like this system. It has put you to distrust innocence, thinking that this is a 'trap'. You are able to think for yourself, do what you wish so long as it does not harm others here. That is all, nothing worse like 'Brainwashing' going on here. Keep your killing, hate, violence off this world. The pacification field is there to just enforce that.
    The more I see others complain about this peace, the more I see that everything is just violence and hate in this system. No place for gems like Onatsuta that only want rest and protection in a system of pure violence. Thank you for trying to kill our dream.
    -May