1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Omega faction!!!

Discussion in 'Roleplay Planning' started by yoyohaloreach, Nov 9, 2014.

1. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

banned for making a mistake

In regards to Omega, unless you develop a strong foundation for this faction and are able to explain how it functions and stuff, I keep my stance not liking this. Good luck getting help, maybe with some help it could be improved, but it would not make sense for my characters to get involved with this. Also, I'm super busy so I couldn't help anyway.

Good luck.

2. yoyohaloreach

yoyohaloreach New Member

So umm... I'm good?

3. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

4. Anyad

Anyad New Member

The problem is mainly that your posts (language, grammar, structure, detail) don't inspire a lot of confidence. Add that to the fact that your descriptions of the faction border on the purposefully vague and that you're proposing to bring yet another military-themed heavy hitter faction onto the community stage.

All of those things are just... red flags, honestly.

5. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Eh, I've been watching this for a bit. I really am sorry to say this, but there's no place for a mercenary faction in this server anymore. No one wants to hire someone to kill someone else, perform tasks such as attacks, or do other jobs that would force the characters to remove any morals they hold to throw them out the window.

The bounty hunting/mercenary age of the server has long since been dead, that's what lead to the Wolf's decline of having stuff to do and that's why we put it to an end finally. Granted your idea is good, I just don't see your faction getting work from the outside, which would make it difficult for you to receive any funds from other than just selling your products. Petty dilemmas between characters often just involve them beating each other up and killing one another, which is a dirty business on its own.

If you do go through with the faction though and you do get work, I would advise getting consent depending on the task you're given. As well as this, make a firm rule for your faction, since it's a mercenary faction - Any character you put into this faction automatically consents to death, no matter the circumstance. You're a mercenary group, so obviously you'll lose men along the way.

And uh. Please. Please please please. Don't make it like a Call of Duty campaign. (I will inflict bodily harm on myself if you do)

6. Sen

Sen Guest

There has never been a mercenary faction on the server; only edgelord children with guns who seek glory and jack off to how badass they are.

A mercenary faction that conducted itself in a professional manner (guess what: that means the opposite of cool and badass) would be very successful, but it's simply never happened.

7. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Is that why there's no more bounty hunters, bounties, or even people looking for someone to do a job for them now?

I recall SSS, but that's long dead too, dying out in the same days as the Wolves. And they probably acted in your "professional manner" (Aside from Cole going nuts and yelling out "Who wants to buy this bitch" over galaxy radio), but now they too are gone. I'm just saying there's no one looking for mercenaries because they either have the guns themselves or they just don't bother. Personal vendettas (IC and sometimes OOC in the case of cunts) create jobs for mercenaries to perform. "Hey this guy is putting me out of business, go rough him up and destroy his stock." Stuff like that. I don't see /anything/ remotely close to that since the days of Liberty Mills.

8. Sen

Sen Guest

What part of "never" do you not understand?