1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

[NEWS] Slavers are on the rise!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by BIGtheRED, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Please, stop being silly about this. Slavery is positive, especially for those with nowhere to go. As long as the violent slavers are kept at bay, we should allow this easy means to gain work experience.
    -Molren Stoutheart

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Unless this slavery is a form of indentured service, your view on slavery is rather naive, Mr. Stoutheart. Slavery is forced labor with no gain to the laborer. Correct me if I am wrong.

3. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Oh, but this is where you're wrong. You see, if used correctly, slavery can move those in bad conditions into work, and give them food and board if their slaver is kind enough.
    Personally, I see myself as a kind slaver, although I haven't gathered any real slaves yet. If you would like, I could show you around my manor. I am certain you would see that I intend to treat my slaves with care, once I receive my shipment.
    -Molren

4. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I hope you stay true to your word. If so, other slavers are what I'm worried about.

5. Corvus

Corvus New Member

I agree wholeheartedly. Hopefully the many republics and empires which seem to be forming will make their judgement, and either crack down on abusive slavery, or slavery as a concept if they so will.
    However, I see how this could be a moral and fruitful enterprise, so I can only hope that they see the potential in this.
    -Molren

(( It goes without saying that I can't personally justify Molren's actions. ))

#25 Corvus, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  6. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

Player Characters suspected missing:

- Crowliss
    - Zealwing
    - Tulipilia
    - ??
    - ??
    - ??

*the database updates with another missing, Tulipilia the Floran*

7. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

You know. I can't wait to see people vanish because they buy this guys bullshit. He's clearly backwards in the head.

8. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Let's make this interesting. I have not enslaved two of the listed people. Have fun.
    -Molren

9. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((BIGtheRED told me to post my new slave character on this thread. He has a slaver character.))

10. Chronicle

Chronicle nobody knows why he's still here

Clearly these are the words of an upstanding and moral individual whom is entirely justified in his actions. There is nothing more admirable than taunting the families and friends of missing persons.

For those unaware, the above was sarcasm. Regardless of your morality, sir, show some tact.

To the representative of Luminaria: Regardless of individual critiques, creating a database of individuals brought in and processed as slaves would be a decision I would highly recommend. If you wish to avoid potential backlash from the sector as a whole, transparency is critical, and likely to prevent a number of potential incidents. As the representative of a colony where slavery and slavers are strictly forbidden, I can personally vouch for the fact that I wish for all future communications between our organisations to be as clear and professional as physically possible. This would go a long way towards that goal.

Regards,
    - Chronicle

P.S. Please do not take my mentioning of potential backlash as a threat; it is not meant as such. It is merely a realistic hypothesis based off an understanding of the sector's prominant political groups and calculated reactions to different courses of action. I believe a realistic viewpoint to be more practical for these situations, and I do hope you agree with such.

#30 Chronicle, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
  11. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

A lot of this is because of the Astral Empire. Since we are on the rise, so is slavery.

12. Punished Tacc

Punished Tacc New Member

I will copy what a PR rep sent to me.

"The United Systems does not condone any form of slavery, wether it be malevolent or malicious. It impedes on the freedoms of every sentient being, and no matter how much talking and justification is given, it all boils down to exploitation of individual rights and freedoms. However, we also respect the culture and laws of the Independent Systems. So long as slavery remains a part of their judiciary system and does not spill over into aggressive sales, the United Systems will not intervene.

Smaller scale slavers are periodically added to the USSEC database and are given as assignments to Marshals."

13. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Unsurprising. Astral is just DarkStar re-branded.

At this point, I don't give a shit.

14. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

The Astral Empire is a geographically extensive group united & ruled by an oligarchy.

Darkstar was a company.

Talk about re-branding.

15. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

DarkStar is part of the Astral Empire now.

16. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

To all you worried folks out there, he's either enslaving Zealwing and Tulipia.
    Crowliss is dead, sheesh, talk about not making it even interesting.

17. CadeDaBeast

CadeDaBeast New Member

18. Lavinda

Lavinda New Member

Darkstar could be whatever it damn well wanted to be, but would still be a bunch of assholes no matter what.

Hell, they could be a food chain, and it'd still apply.

19. Corvus

Corvus New Member

Attached Files:

20. Aleiksei

Aleiksei New Member

((Grunt))

It doesn't really hold up.