1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Neverwinter Knights Unite

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DirtyGoblin, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Sen

Sen Guest

lol

social servers

2. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

It's not a social server and bans any cybering...

So long as the cybering is done by non-dms. [whispers]

3. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

LOL! Ollanius makes a point. Also, nay. Never made it into any sewer stuff. Mostly was just around the tavern, temple, and went into the area with the werewolves a few times (most of which were pointless because higher levels had decimated everything in there.)

4. Niroh

Niroh New Member

MY FAVOURITE SERVER WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE SINFAR PRAISE THE ETERNAL LEADER 109/200 PLAYERS FOREVER

[​IMG]

5. Albacksen

Albacksen New Member

Need more brain bleach.

6. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

I never really server hopped. I settled a lot. I used to play Secerets of the Underdark, but that server has long since been shut down, I think.
    I then try a place called.. Aertheca for awhile, and that was a blast. No idea what happened to them.

7. Ollanius Verok

Ollanius Verok New Member

[​IMG]

8. Terallis

LAWL! I still remember the time Chronicle, Daze and I went to troll Sinfar. It was a hilariously good time, but it's difficult to troll. Mainly because most people would join in on the trolling. XD But there were those few people who were so offended by a half naked female half-orc that they just continuously raged and killed us. Good times.

9. Albacksen

Albacksen New Member

Dude. What are you saying about half-naked female half-orcs? They're classy ladies, yo.

10. Terallis

[​IMG]

11. Socky

Socky Guest

Ooo! Didn't even know this thread was a thing! I love NWN. I own both 1 and 2, and /still/, despite the lack of a server list, play! Seriously, NWN brought me into the gaming world and hasn't let me go. ;_;

12. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

I'm, curious as to what this is, can someone tell me more about this?

13. Terallis

The first really and truly amazing D&D video game to be released. There were others before it that were great, but this one had the most amazing capabilities for customization and the like.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neverwinter_Nights

The game is 12 years old and still kicking. Mind you, it IS only a shadow of what it used to be.

14. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

online, most servers, were huge worlds created by a dedicated team of layers, who ran that world as DM's
    RP was hardcore :D

15. Terallis

Also as a note, this is NOT to be confused with the Neverwinter MMO. Never, ever, ever, ever affiliate the two. You will get shunned. LOL.
    NWN = Amazing work of art
    Neverwinter = erjahuefheauhefuaNO

16. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Neverwinter Nights 2
    clunky but Prettier ;)

17. Terallis

This is true. In some regards, it has less modding capability. However, there are other fields that it has better modding capabilities than NWN 1. For instance, the ability to pull additional characters that you've made into the game. Star Wars: Contrition II was actually going to be doing this. It's the same thing that is there at the beginning of Storms of Zehir. Could have, and direct control, two or more characters if needed. That's just an example, anyways.

But yes. A LOT prettier than NWN1 and also a lot more fun to design areas for, given that you have pretty much full control over how everything looks and functions.

18. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Yes :) After nwn1, it became my huge timesink. Good times. Pvp was nice too. Miss seeing paladins smiting things with great justice
    :)

19. Liraxus

Liraxus New Member

Guess this could be fun...but if by Hardcore, you mean that RPers don't like to joke around, then screw that shit. RP is fun, not a chore.

Eh, I'm sure some people here can show me the ropes, checked GOG and they have a Diamond edition, should I get that?

20. DirtyGoblin

DirtyGoblin Guest

Theres light and heavy rp. Light is like Aikos bar. Heavy is... In depth. I dunno how nwn1s community is these days though. Just nwn2. And I tend to stick to hardcore servers. Theres humor and such but less Mary Sues and Drizzt Clones