1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Mattulip's Logs

Discussion in 'Character Journals' started by Coolguy, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Coolguy

Coolguy Coolest mod around

Log.35: Subject: Getting better and better.
    It's one of those weeks.
    A rabid Floran clawed my left eye out, been bumping into everything. Apparently I lost what is called "Depth perception". No idea what it is, but I guess I needed it. Next up, a Hylotl named Jebe, I think it was. Obsessed with my butt for some reason, even took a picture to compare to an earlier picture, saying it "changed". Hylotl are weird. Then I was tazered by the crazy fish. Pulled a gun, they ran to the ocean and swam away. I think there's a reason why Florans took over the Hylotl home-world so easily.

Saved 3/12/15

2. Coolguy

Log.36: Subject: Keeping it away.
    I attacked two marines around two days ago. Shot Marigold in the kneecaps and Andrew in the arm, because of stupid reasons, because I couldn't keep it away. Blinky helps with it, but I still need to do other things to make sure.
    Running out of bandages too, because of how often I have to change them. Starting to have to leave them sap stained. Took a few bits of shrapnel from a grenade a few days ago, can blame the stains on that, hopefully.

Saved 3/22/15

3. Coolguy

Log.37: Subject: What happened to using bullets?
    Seriously, I haven't taken a bullet would in a long while, everyone switched to plasma. I prefer getting shot with a bullet over plasma, at least with bullets I can heal. Bit of plasma broke through the visor of my helmet, burned the right eye and part of the mouth to the bone. That is not healing. Don't even know why people use plasma, it just isn't as fun. we got all kinds of bullets to use: AP, HP, API, SLAP, FMJ, all that fun stuff. When you shoot someone with these, they actually bleed, instead of just having the wound burned closed. Stupid.
    Also it's apparently Easter. Some holiday that has to do with eggs. Maybe Kidei or Dusk will lay one today, I don't know.

Saved 4/5/15

4. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

((i cri everytim "lay one today"))

5. Coolguy

Log.38: The hell happened?
    Well, I can mark my own organs off the list of things that tried to kill me. Every single electronic thing screwed up last night, including our cybernetics. Dusk couldn't move, smokestack couldn't breathe, and I was having a damn heart attack. Veon basically saved my life by grabbing the pack and shoving it in, Coles fail-safe still worked for a bit before it died, but it kept me alive. Should probably ease up on him a bit. Oh, and it turns out that Petaldancer is alive. Faked her death. So guess that's one good thing in a while.

Saved 4/9/15

6. Coolguy

Log.39: Subject: Finally, good stuff.
    Felith's sister, Glethin, came to the Freezer today. Nobody told me, hell, Cygnus kept it from me. Why the hell would that bird fuck keep the fact that Felith's only known living relative is here? Whatever, I'm going to make sure if Cygnus fucks up around me, her life will be hell. Anyway, Glethin knows about what happened to him, and gave her his logs. Figured she'd deserve to hear them. She's staying at the freezer for now, meaning I can keep her safe, figured Felith would want that at least.
    And now for the other good thing. I'm in charge of the assault fire-team. I got three soldiers under my command, and I plan to make them into some of the best soldiers in the United Systems, something sent in when you need everything dead and turned into rubble.

Saved 4/28/15

7. Coolguy

Log.40: Subject: I have special eyes
    Got a robotic eye. Pretty cool, can zoom into things, and has a bit of nightvision. Makes hunting that much easier. Glows a little bit red in the dark though, so might need to turn it off if I don't want to be seen. Still, got depth perception back, so that's good.
    Lot of stuff have been happening, got two Avians in holding, one a flightless, no idea how to deal with that. The other was apparently tortured by Max and his buddies, was crying when he got here. I always miss the fun part. Need to question him about both what they did, and what he did, because apparently he had something to do with a bio weapon.

Saved 05/05/15

8. Coolguy

Log.41: Subject: We found him.
    Turns out the reason why Josh was missing is because he was actually missing. He sent a distress from the Apex base we brought down earlier. Turns out he wasn't the only one there. A bunch of bandits and members of the 82nd marine unit were there. The two sides raged war until only a few stragglers were left, Josh included. Must admit, he did a good job with all the traps. Helped rescue him, and convinced the rest of the fireteam I was shoved into that it was actually Josh. Kind of sad I missed the fun though.
    Oh, and making an antidote for Cateths Floran killer. Hurts like fuck to find a way to make it, but if I ever get injected with it, I want to have something to keep me alive. I'm no use dead.

Saved 5/09/15 ((Had to reupload cause the original post didn't make the swap))

9. Coolguy

Log.42: Subject: Finally promoted.

First promotion of being in the USAF, hooray. A Corporal now. Got a bronze star, overheard it being the fourth highest ranking medal you can get. Got it for clearing nearly all of Mattis with my fireteam. Pretty good, first medal I ever received, though I intend to get the rank of Sergeant soon, and get back my old rank.
    Also, moved to a new apartment. Pretty cool, bigger than I ever had before, and Blinky already got hair on everything. Had to lock the cabinet so he wouldn't get in and cover my bandages in cat hair.

Saved 5/24/15

10. Coolguy

Log.43: Subject: I'm leading a group of idiots.

Turns out that my assault team walked into an armed Miniknog facility, thinking it was abandoned. They walked into the place with only two people, with no idea what they were doing. They got shot. Multiple times. I told them to investigate, not do a damn suicide mission alone! Long story short I'm punishing them, making them hope they never make another mistake in their life. Need to make them into hardened marines.
    Britton collapsed while he was doing his punishment. His punishment was to damn shovel! How do you pass out from shovelling? How do I know he won't pass out in the middle of a firefight? Either way, I am making soldiers out of the two. They will hate me for it, but they will thank me for it when they aren't dead. They are of no use to me dead.
    Side note, the paintball gun is really fun to use. Practically covered Britton in paint yesterday. He's going to have fun cleaning that out.

Saved 04/06/15

11. CaptainBritton02

((you see this is around the point i fucked up massively))

12. Coolguy

Log.44: Subject: Why did I leave Britton in charge?
    I got onto a ship going out of sector, planning to grab a few supplies not available here. It was supposed to be a two day trip, so I left Britton in charge of assault while I am away. It crashed. Onto an arctic Planet. I can't create heat. Luckily I wasn't the only one who survived, so I have Serric and Cole, along with other survivors here. We're sitting in a part of the ship that's relatively intact, but in order to stay warm, I need to stay near a fire. As bad as it is, I think not freezing to death is a better idea.
    I have no idea how long I'm going to stay here, and I told Britton to feed Blinky while I was away. If he forgot, Blinky had two days worth of food anyway. But if he forgets now, I'm going to make him wish he didn't if I ever make it off this frozen rock. Britton, you better not fail me now.

Saved 6/13/15

13. CaptainBritton02

((*shrug*))

14. Coolguy

Log.45: Subject: History repeats itself.
    The U.S.A.F. has been disbanded. Josh left to help with the fight at his home, took the D.S.O.V. I saw Duskfeather at Smokestacks shop, buying armor and weapons. When I asked him, he said he was leaving. Turns out he took what money we had. I took what was in the armory, shut down the generators, and locked up Mattis. I'm going to have to return to Mattis at some point, and get the Falcon that was left behind.
    Luckily though, we actually had something to go to. Smokestack decided to create a shop, and hired everyone from the assault fireteam, along with Leto. That means the four of us are still working together. Who knew that even after disbandment, we're still working together in this craphole. I may have lost an asset to survival, but I have gained a new one.
    Smoke's shop needs plants. Too lifeless in here.

Saved 7/10/15