1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Made a commercial for the server...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Julius Mayne, Sep 7, 2014.

?

Scale of 1-10

1. 1

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. 2

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. 3

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. 4

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 6

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  7. 7

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  8. 8

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  9. 9

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

Holy crap. There is more gunfire in this trailer then I've seen on my entire time on the server.

...and really, the song choice is a bad idea. That coupled with the large amount of gunfire does make it seem we're trying to be a borderlands clone.

Also, a lot of the environment shots are not only empty, they're not interesting, either. At least have some populated shots, even if it's just 3-5 people.

2. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

It has very, very poor taste the beginning war sounds.

Then showing lotsa places that are abandoned/taken over (Union).

Then the unnamed operators and gunfights.

The main reality is bar sitting or similarities, not gunfights. And showing off the server as a place with lotsa gunfights can drive away other types of rpers.

3. Well, I can see that everyone else has done all the negativity for me, so
    yea man learn how to comic sans

4. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

It's hard to find players in a non-laggy area of the map. With my limited resources it was probably the best I could do with just myself. I hope to, in the future, revisit the concept of a commercial as I feel I could do better.

5. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

The song choice was one that I had trouble dealing with for some time. Borderlands 2 came out, what two years ago? I had assumed that it would be old enough that the song could be used without people claiming that this server is trying to be a borderlands clone.

As far as the environmental shots go. Well, I completely agree. It was just me working on this and I hope that me making this (and showing that I'm not incompetent in terms of direction of editing) will bring the attention of people who want to help.

6. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

Honestly, I wish I did too. However, nobody would've helped if I just said "LOL want to make a commercial?". No, they wouldn't. However, I hope this draws attention to people who want to help me with future videos.

7. Kumakin

Kumakin New Member

People don't forget music as easily as they forget popular media. Considering that the decay of copyright for music is at least 72+ years (or, one lifetime on paper).

8. Julius Mayne

Julius Mayne Member

I know how copyright works. I do appreciate the feedback though. I had some reservations about using the song in the firs tplace but I decided to take a risk with it anyways.