1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Let's talk about supposed "Floran Superiority"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Malachar, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Alright.

Link every single codex and page you're getting your info from, and we'll debunk or counter every single one.
    'Cause you're wrong to assume floran are a super species, and the only person alive that thinks you're right just so happens to be you.

2. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

You're quoting the pieces of lore that support you, while refraining from quoting, and falsely paraphrasing the parts that don't agree with what you say. That's incredible bias, and no legitimate argument or points can be made off of bias.

3. Wreth

Wreth New Member

My PC is broken, as I mentioned earlier in the thread.

I'm typing this from my phone, and I don't even know how I would go about doing that from a phone. I'm sure it would take forever to do even if I knew how.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

4. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

If you're not willing to put in the effort, you don't deserve to reference the sources.

There's nothing to agree or disagree upon, there is no opinion here.

You can pretend you're right.
    We'll know you're wrong.

Good thread Mal.

5. Wreth

Wreth New Member

My OOC lore interpretation doesn't even matter, as I play all my characters on the server as balanced and equal regardless of race, with strengths and weaknesses, because I know following lore 100% doesn't always make for fun and fair rp.

None of my floran characters has ever done something that I wouldn't do on a human character, despite my interpretation of the lore.

The only difference really, is their morals, culture, background, and motives.

6. Avis

Avis Halloweenie of the Serengeti

However, the issue at hand was not specifically your roleplaying style; this is the issue of Florans in general, and how they are frequently unstoppably brutish yet as adept as any other race in any other skill, with different twists and malformations on the lore as an attempt to justify it.

7. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Well from my point if view, it isn't twists or malformations, quite the opposite actually.

Just me reading the lore and taking the most obvious conclusion from what I've read.

That said starbound lore is often vague and incomplete so there are ways going to be different interpretations.

8. Pie4Pigs

Pie4Pigs Bleach Connoisseur

Avis is talking about people who cherrypick from the lore to justify their mary sue florans. Are you saying that it is or isn't okay to refer to the lore to justify floran mary sues?

9. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Mary Sue Florans aren't ok of course. Mary Sue any character is always bad