1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Kahlua's Classes

Discussion in 'Market and Trade' started by Ziggy, Mar 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

*There is a note posted on the Library door.*

'Class cancelled this week. Recovering from injury.'

-Kahlua Downsilk

2. Tracey

Tracey New Member

Dear Mr. Downsilk,

I would love to sign up for wilderness training, but I'll probably only be able to go a visit a few days out of the week.

Let me know when classes begin again!

Yours,
    Angel

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Angel, I look forward to your attendance. Classes should resume within the week. Thank you for your interest!

4. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Classes will be resuming as normal as of Tuesday, April 25. Tuesday will be a review day, as this is short notice, so if you can't make it to class, don't panic. You're not missing anything if you attended the last one. I would like to thank those of you that signed my get-well card my sister drew. It's very sweet of you, and I appreciate the well-wishes.

-KD

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

*The chocolate finch arrives just in time for class to start, his feathers un-preened and his button-down buttoned-wrong. Should a student point these things out, he would sheepishly apologize, correct himself, and explain that he had errands to run late last night and had no time to sleep. It's a weak excuse. Still, the Avian language class proceeds on schedule as if nothing had even happened. If Fernpetal still needs extra assistance, he would gladly provide. Asirris would receive as much assistance as he needs and would ask for. Today's lesson includes associating some words and pronunciations with their real-world counterpart. Phrases meant to help the speaker survive a conversation.*

*Later in the morning, the finch is a little better put together, if not exhausted. While standing at the board, writing out a sentence to demonstrate how to form writing that flows fluidly and with imaginative imagery, his hand would drift and drop, dragging the marker down the board in an ugly streak and his forehead would bonk against the white-board. For a moment, he had fallen asleep standing up. Fortunately, the impact roused him nearly immediately. After retrieving his marker with much chagrin, he would continue the lesson without incident.*

6. Yotan

Yotan New Member

*Fernpetal should be doing a lot better with the more whistling sound of the Avian Language. As for her writing she should be about average.*

7. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

** Sarah has been missing multiple classes in the past two weeks, although she continues to pay for each one. When she is in the midst of a bad mood, she is often irritable and distant, as if she has other matters on her mind, and remains quiet throughout; keen on finishing her work and leaving as quickly as possible. She can easily come off as bipolar or even aggressive in such a state. Such a negative mood has been common in the past, although she is slowly becoming more relaxed in class.

When she is in a better mood , she frequently jokes around and makes snide, yet goodhearted remarks on the implausibility of an Avian knowing more about the English language than a human being. In this mood, she can be a pleasant individual to be around; especially since having friendly discussions outside of class with Kahlua. Her writing, while definitely passable when she started the class, has improved noticeably.

#27 EyesofMarch, May 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2016
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

((writing composition is about how to structure your writing, not about one particular language; I was under the impression that all races spoke common or that they all were in possession of a translator))

9. EyesofMarch

EyesofMarch New Member

(( I fixed, sort of, although writing composition usually changes depending on the language spoken, so I'm assuming Kahlua is either doing English, or is confusing the heck out of Sarah lol ))

10. Awe

Awe Gotta go fast!

((Just to clarify, the common language spoken is not English. It'll be some strange blend of the multiple races' cultural dialects, something new we couldn't possibly comprehend. There's been plenty of characters that don't speak English on the server but do speak the common language. Just refer to it as Galactic Basic or Common or something? Also in-game the way everyone is able to talk is via translator, hence the 'error, attempting to parse' dialogue for alien races sometimes. Ok bye keep up to good work byyyeeee))

11. JohnShadow

JohnShadow "Now you're all alone, little Caroline."

Hello, Mr. Downsilk, I am interested in participating in your Wilderness Survival class! I can pay the fee and attend regularly.
    -Wesley Greene

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

*Kahlua's Writing Comp, Advanced Piloting, and Wilderness Survival classes would continue as scheduled on this glorious thursday morning. The finch himself seems energized and chock full of vitality. He would gleefully respond to any questions any students had, more than happy to spread the knowledge.*

"Exams are quickly approaching, everyone. I would highly encourage you all to study your notes. Maybe it might help you to buddy up after class and take turns quizzing each other. By the beginning of June, you should be ready to test out of your classes and receive your certificates! I have faith in every single one of you, so don't let me down. If you have any questions, please, please do ask. If I can't answer it, I'd be more than happy to find out for you. I like to learn too, y'know."

13. phantam

phantam New Member

Iss wanting to attends writing compositions class. Has plentys of times to attends class ands enoughs pixels. Hope to learns useful skills from soldier-teacher birds.
    -Razor Vines

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Sinfully Soft

Roger that. Be mindful of class times and be sure to be on time. Other than that, I look forward to seeing you in class.
    -KD