1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

It's time to come clean.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Jul 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steamy

Steamy Pro spam bot

Making a mistake and admitting it loses no respect especially in this great community that is all thanks to you.

2. Blaine871

Blaine871 New Member

I must say. I am proud to call you an Administrator if your willing to speak of your mistakes. Sure some of those mistakes may have done things that are irreversible, But admitting it and knowing it was something you feel badly about will show many people you are willing to learn from your mistakes and make this place a better place, Though it already is a great place, and i haven't even joined the server yet. Power to you man, May you prosper as Administrator.

3. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Ok. Hope to see you in-game.
    [Has no opinions as of late, apparently.]

4. Aromyl

Aromyl Mad Coder

It takes a lot to admit when you're in the wrong about things. For that, you have my respect.

Let's just continue to head in a good direction.
    :)

5. Sammy McHammyDoodle

Sammy McHammyDoodle New Member

I already knew about this, and I thought you were, well, quite a bastard but then again you /did/ try it for the better of this community so I had already forgiven you.

6. Specter9877

Specter9877 Previously Specter9877 ((Vanessa))

I personally play on both servers, I enjoy the differences to RP as well as the general envirement of both communities, GC has its flaws, this server has its flaws, I've heard everyone have bad stories about both, all I can say is I am proud that you admitted your mistakes, and being someone who roleplays on both servers. I forgive you for your mistakes Kazyyk

7. Kuromimi

Kuromimi New Member

Don't be so hard on yourself. We all make mistakes of different kinds. Best thing to do is apologise like you did and make up for it eh, right?

8. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

...Wait, there are other servers?

9. Elxirion

Elxirion New Member

What GC lacks that Antares strengthens in is quality; Sure, they may have plenty of people, and naturally, most folks are drawn to big servers because of the increased chance of running into someone for a rolicking RP experience, but less than half of the folks on there don't know what good RP is, or even take it seriously. Here at Antares, the story that the characters make, the impact on the universe at large, and the genuine quality that we harbor, that we wield like a shining blade, will pierce the darkness of doubt in the hearts of those who cannot find the light at the end of that tunnel. And by admitting these darkened thoughts, you, my friend-that-I've-never-met-before, are the hand that wields that shining blade of Antares.

10. Diddums

Diddums That Loveable Lad

Just thought I'd leave this here:
    2fedora4me

Attached Files:

11. Diehardpatriot

Diehardpatriot New Member

...There are other servers... WITH PEOPLE...

...WHAT?

12. Zhaag

Zhaag New Member

Galaxy Citizen can suck a fat monkey taint. I came here from there and could not express enough how happy I am with that decision. That server's connection acts up more than a troubled child on crack

13. Narfball

Narfball narfball

i lol'd

14. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

[​IMG]

15. CaptainBritton02

CaptainBritton02 Man of War

I remember when starbound had only maybe 3 updates, and I considered GC, but I chose this one because it looked better in every damn way.

16. Alek

Alek Guy Who No One Knows

I used to be a Galaxy Citizen citizen. Then I noticed how terrible it was compared to this one (and how terrible it was over all, crashing every five minutes).
    This one's the shit.
    Antares #1

But seriously, good on you Kaz. Coming clean grants you +1 dexterity, +10 respect.

17. Xenos

Xenos New Member

The first step to fixing your problems is admitting that you have them. You have already taken the first step by confessing to us. Now it is our turn to help you fix them. You have already done us many great services. You've provided this wonderful website and server for us to use, out of YOUR OWN POCKET. And that takes a lot of money, and a lot of balls to go out and do that. Without this community, I would be short.... ten or fifteen friends? And it takes a lot of effort for me to consider someone a friend. Sure, I've made a lot of mistakes here, trying to bring fantasy into the RP here. I freely admit that. And the mods have been willing to work with me on that, Mugwump especially. The community here is more than willing to lend our support to you, Kaz, if you'll let us. You just have to ask.

18. Weavle105

Weavle105 Back in Black.

Honestly, seeing as I have anger issues, am a control freak, and am also really competitive, I don't blame you for thinking about doing such things Kaz, especially since you didn't actually do them.

Another thing is in a way, it might actually be a good thing that they have first place and we have second. After all, would you really rather us have a shit-ton of brand-new Roleplayers, more than half of which are mediocre and don't even know what OOC stand for rather than have a decent bundle of okay-great roleplayers who had bad experiences with GC? In a sense, GC's kinda like a sponge or a filter for the bad roleplayers, they go there first and stay there when the good and even okay roleplayers leave upon realization that GC's a bad server. EDIT: I can't help but feel kinda bad for calling everyone in GC bad roleplayers. XD

Also!
    May I ask?

19. n7hydra

n7hydra New Member

Egh... Guess I might as well give you guys this picture I snapped on my first and only exploration session of GC.
    [​IMG]
    Okay. Guy used a mod to make his character model larger... And shittier. His description? "A 15ft tall floran that was bred for war"
    He fought with a guy inside of the bar before this. He got through that door.

I might just be biased against them and their server due to my one two hour experience there, but those two hours were filled with the most mind-boggling shit I've seen in rp, and a few untimely crashes.

And I agree with Weavle. Let the quality rpers on GC find their experience lacking and let them come to us expecting quality rp. Then we'll give it to them.

Don't worry, Kaz. Do what you can for this server. GC will find its own way to fuck itself up.

20. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

ITT: GC is bad kaz did nothing wrong

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.