1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

How to tell if a colony only caters to Billy Badasses

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sen, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Malachar

Malachar Heir to Madness

Hopefully there will be a way to ensure the survival of the npcs there. We've seen what usual tends to happen :(
    But this sounds like a great idea.

2. Bunshuu

Bunshuu New Member

how to tell if a colony caters to billy badasses:

if a floran with a big ass weapon god knows where they got it appears and there isnt anyone shitting their pants over an anime fight between a cannibalistic plant and some other cookie cutter impervium armor got-three-shots-into-my-ass-but-i-can-battle-me-swear 30 minutes after i
    would say it doesnt cater to billy badasses mcedgy

i would like to say maple hills is a good place but place is abandoned like heck until Fink decides to do something with it and it aint even a colony

3. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

I will point out the Wolves' Den isn't a colony. Just a Tavern. Place to do shady business and other criminals to visit. Or just people who don't care and decide to stir trouble up because no one is online, and not telling us about it being done in front of three cameras. Just saying.

4. Leschinsky

Leschinsky Bohemic Tendencies

I broke your piano with a guitar by the way.
    Raoul yelled at me for it.
    My feelings are still recovering.

5. Felonious

Felonious Restart Monkey

With the amount of people who regularly visit it (see 90% of server's activity over the past 2 weeks), and appearantly live in a giant flotilla sitting above it, it might as well be a settlement. Not sure how everyone survives, seeing as the only thing they consume is about 50 bottles of whiskey a day (each) with a few bullets peppered in for good measure.

But the point stands. Normal, civilian level, non-combatant people (see: 98% of real-life society) have no where that is hospitable to them. When they react realistically to events in most places (gunfights or threats or a bunch of people walking around in super armor with cybernetic everythings) they are called 'cowards' and told 'this is how life is'. Really its not... It's really really really not.

Even on a frontier, life is rather predictable. If this is the Wild West of reality, it's about 1 billion times more hostile than the real 'Wild West'.

6. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

-Shakes fist in the air- Was wondering who did that!

To be honest I don't even know how most of the violence at the Den breaks out. Or why in the first place. Wild West was "wild", but not stupid. Not like this, anyways

I can see a bit how it could be considered a colony with the traffic it gets, but I still wouldn't cal lit one personally. Though that's just me. As far as people eating there I too question how everyone there lives on booze levels that would make them need to go to a hospital.

7. Bunshuu

Bunshuu New Member

livers??? what are livers for I space person!! no livers on space!!! pass the battery acid

8. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

In the future peoples livers evolved to be near indestructible.