1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hello folks! :3

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Dirtburner, Aug 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Animator

Animator New Member

To point out the obvious; Dirtburner is one of the main administrators of Galaxy Citizen, hence why people are probably looking around in some sort of awkward skepticism like confused penguins rolling in cement.

Let me make this clear. If I see more derision on this thread simply out of the fact that she comes from that community; I will warn you, and if it escalates, I will ban you. Just because she hails from a community that has had friction with this place before does not mean we exclude her or reject her on the basis of who she is, because it breaks the ideals of what this forum was founded on. Most of you are better people than that; those that aren't should stop responding in this thread if they want to have any sort of future here.

Also, Flashhelix, quit it.

2. Dirtburner

Dirtburner New Member

I'm always nice and you're reading into it too much. I'm sorry that you feel that way. :(

I hope you come to see that soon! I'm eager to know you, regardless of what you might think of me. The least I can do is offer my answers so should you have questions. :)

3. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

moderating 101: threaten people with bans to make up for a lack of conflict resolution skills

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

4. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

he's also a leg

5. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

Oh, don't worry. I actually don't give a shit if he's from Galaxy Whatever Some Random Server I've Never Heard Of, I'm just opposed to the passive-aggressive toxic attitude he's perpetrating.

Most of the 'hostile' responses in this thread are from him baiting people with the over-sweet phrasing and using his position as an administrator of Stellar Cluster Native Something to aggravate that. You are victim-blaming by admonishing them. This isn't decent behavior for someone in authority; you're better than this. They are the ones being trolled, and they are not at fault for responding as such, no matter how you justify it; you are welcoming a troll into the community who plays innocent so people will white knight him, and refusal to acknowledge this will cause nothing but repeated conflict like what you've just seen in this thread.

I hope for your sake, and for the sake of the community, that this clears some things up.

#45 mpsemp, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  6. Animator

Animator New Member

Warns delivered. I was not joking about this. Mspemp, please keep your paranoid flame-bait conspiracies out of this thread; this is not the first cutesy introduction ever posed here in this community, and even if you are right (which you're not), all you would be doing by engaging with her is feeding said troll tendencies. You can literally just ignore her if she bothers you too much. This stops now.

7. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Lol get more mad over a forum post online.
    I vote Badstar 2014.

8. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

don't discuss anything

don't criticize me

don't criticize the OP

don't call out anyone on anything

don't dismantle the hugbox

I'm tough

I'm so tough

I'm tough enough to send you grumpy messages and ban you

I'll ban you until you're dragged down to my level of social retardation

9. skipi

skipi New Member

At this point, this thread has spiraled so far out of control that it should just be locked. Seriously.

10. Edvyn

Edvyn Permanently Banned

lock your head in a vice

11. Switchback

Switchback Iss likess fissh eyess~!

my head hurts so much right now.

brb need to wash my eyes with space bleach

12. mpsemp

mpsemp New Member

Gee, it sure is convenient to dismiss whatever you don't agree with as flame-bait or a conspiracy, right? Come on, I know you're more reasonable than this. Take a deep breath, calm down, and read the thread more carefully. It really does help to get a fresh perspective.

This isn't relevant at all, though. It's the passive-aggressive undertones. It's the fact that he is baiting people by responding cutely to negative criticism. I can do this too, here, watch.

Would that kind of flagrant disregard for your serious warning piss you off? Good, that's because that was the intent. Trust me when I tell you that, based on a decade of experience moderating and administrating online communities, people can act like that very easily and that you're making a mistake by white-knighting him.

You're still victim-blaming by assuming it's the fault of the person being trolled that they're getting trolled and that they could 'just ignore him'. You might as well tell victims of bullying "Have you tried not getting bullied?" Human interaction does not work that way and it is entirely unreasonable and in abject disregard to moral decency and common sense to believe or pretend otherwise.

#52 mpsemp, Aug 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2014
  13. The Grand Mugwump

This sort of behavior is unacceptable on the forums and especially in the introduction threads.. You have both been placed on three day forum bans.

Edit: Also, welcome to the server Dirtburner. :)

14. Xaron

Xaron Who is this guy?

oh right i didn't say this the first time
    hi dirt

15. Xenos

Xenos New Member

.... Or, maybe, just maybe... This person is actually trying to be nice, even when there are people here that are being complete assholes. So I suggest you sit down, shut up, and let the people here actually WELCOME the person here like we should.

Please ignore the people that are being complete asshats. Most of the people here are really rather nice. Welcome to the server!

And, to be honest, I don't care where you come from, as long as you're friendly. And you seem friendly enough, so I think we should get along just fine!

Also, you should add me on steam. Shoot me a PM here on the forums if you want to. (although, just to be frank, might want to specify if you don't like voice chatting. because I seem to almost obsess over it. XP)

16. Aradin Stanguit

Aradin Stanguit The Vigil's Jester

I don't get why some people think we're the only ones allowed to have a rp server.

17. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

Apologies for the passive aggressive folks here, Dirtburner, hope they haven't off put you from spending some time on the server. Don't worry, the bad eggs will learn to like you around here. I'm still an asshole and I'm liked! (sometimes)

Regardless welcome aboard the vessel.

18. King Tickle

King Tickle I hope it rains in this tunnel.

Wow.

19. Aiko Ikari

Aiko Ikari Guest

Everyone needs to get their heads outta their ass.

I promise that you are the only two that even give a shit about this sorta stuff. And though I don't tend to sway to one or more side, your clear superiority complex and elitist attitude are annoying.

This whole "fiasco" isn't as complicated as you're trying to make it for the sake of flaunting your ego. It's simple. No ones victimizing, no ones white knighting. We're trying to preserve our image. An open, friendly and enjoyable community that won't fucking burn you at the stake for sneezing.

What, is the passive aggressiveness in Dirtburners posts a bit obnoxious? Maybe. Do I care? No.
    Am I going to tell you ignore it if you don't like it? No, that's a stupid fucking solution.
    But guess what, a business doesn't stay afloat when you snap and scrape at every slightly-off-puttings persons shins.

We have face to save. We can't just be a cocksucker to someone because "We're not fond of your server."

There's a difference between being a complete tool and not putting up with bullshit.

And to jump on the other side. I'm against silencing them with a ban for this. I'm not a fan of strong arming opinions onto people. Mostly because I know they can snap back at me and prove lot's of what I say wrong, and I'm ready to take it on the chin.

20. M-Bot

M-Bot #swellest

/me is staying out of this shit

/me learned his lesson the last time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.