1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Hackers, please help!

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Mystyice, May 13, 2014.

1. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Lyra

As said. If you want to release it, first find where it is and look what's wrong with it. Life showns that doing anything without having any information ends up being a bad idea.

2. Iridium616

Iridium616 New Member

-"Nightingale"-
    Depends of your interpretation of the tale. But at the bottom of the box, there was hope.
    We should hope she isn't bad. We shouldn't act as an improvised court to decide if someone deserves living: Everyone should have that opportunity. We don't go around killing babies because they can be evil masterminds. An AI isn't different.

3. LaserLlamas

LaserLlamas Mother of the Pack

-Raoul-

Observation: Hope can be misleading.

Statement: Hope can lead the foolish to their deaths, following the Path of the Pawn, revealing their only purpose was to die.

Statement: One should not "hope" unless there is a logical reason and facts that can support this.

Amusement: I hope this AI turns out to be broken and deranged so that it may prove at least somewhat of a challenge to remove.

4. Twitch

Twitch Wayward Star

AI don't develop themselves, not some magic trick where it springs out of a hat. Someone created it, someone put it there. Find out who and why before you let it loose. It already has been waiting, a bit longer won't hurt.

5. Keycross

Keycross -Insert title here-

-Lyra

I also always have hope. But I learnt as stupid I was you can't act as a hatchling... survived it, haven't lose hope, but not acting like that anymore. If you do... please don't get killed. Or others, for what could happen... always find clear skies, not temporals.

6. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"As for the singing being a good thing, it makes me think of old Earth myths. The tales of the sirens that would lure unsuspecting ship captains to their deaths. The representation of beauty that would sing enchanting songs to lure in their victims. Entranced by the song and the beauty of the siren, the sailors would be dragged down into the sea and drown. That or get eaten. The myth speaks of various ways that the sirens would kill.

Just a myth, but still. It's really something to think about."

-Aedan

7. Grifter

Grifter New Member

"Eeeeergh, I'll just get her myself, Meatbags." - OMEGA

8. Barfdragon

Barfdragon New Member

A numbers station you say?

As in old earth number stations? Used to control nuclear missile launch? If so, then this AI, passive or not, has some serious power. Look at the level of encryption on the firewall, that alone should tell you who's responsible for locking it in. If it's some crazy high encryption, I would suspect apex. If it is similar to other species firewalls, I would suspect them. More than likely we are looking for a species that is nuclear capable, so I would rule out hive mind Glitch, Florans, and I would also rule out Hylotl, as nuclear devastation isn't an art form. So it is now between humans, apex and avians.

-Anonymous
    ((IronAce))

9. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Proxy ))

Don't unleash an AI. If it's locked away, it's locked away for a reason, keep it locked up. You don't want to be responsible for the deaths of thousands. If you are, I will carpet bomb everything you love. Seriously, that's not a threat, I can MacGyver some serious shit.

10. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

Educate. Not all AIs have the potential to do as much damage as some of you biologicals seem to think.

Insult: Or should Beep refer to you as bioillogicals, as you are being so racist?
    -Beep

#30 Popcorn247, May 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2014
  11. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

ignore this

#31 Popcorn247, May 16, 2014
  12. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

ignore this

#32 Popcorn247, May 16, 2014
  13. Popcorn247

Popcorn247 New Member

((Sorry, I'm new to the forums and got a little overzealous with my posts))

#33 Popcorn247, May 16, 2014
  14. OptionalFingers

OptionalFingers New Member

(( Please don't flood threads with multiple posts. All of these could have been written in one post, so please do so in the future. ))

15. Orsaa

Orsaa New Member

-Artanis
    And what about the age of the AI, how long has been stuck in there?
    Tell me those who wish to release it how long would it take for you to crack open after being left alone in area for months, years, decades!
    Sure they may be like us but once it gets out dont you think it will have a sense of revenge to who ever put it there and it might assume its you!
    My suggestion is to leave it alone and maybe put it under
    surveillance.

16. Terallis

Terallis Dark Matter of Fact

"At this point, I highly doubt people even listen to logic, anymore. If they're so naive in their AI compassion mindset, then let them learn the consequences. However, if they unleash something larger on the galaxy, it just means they're likely to be hunted down in one way or another. That is to say that the AI doesn't kill them first."

-Aedan

17. Orsaa

Orsaa New Member

-Artanis
    Amused. Exactly.... their problem not ours.

18. Narfball

Narfball narfball

(( Proxy ))

I wish people would listen to reason. A wise man told me this one time. "If someone won't listen to reason, you force reason down their throat." And frankly, the people wanting to free an AI that's locked the fuck up are starting to come off as people who that applies to. Someone force reason down their throat. Preferably with a rope or something. ..Something that won't leave permanent damage. Like a pellet shooting gun. Or maybe a light first degree burn. ..I'm gonna stop now.