1. These forums are archived and available in read-only format. No new accounts may be created and content may not be added or edited. This archive is dedicated to hoshiwara.t who tragically passed away in April of 2015. She will be forever missed.

Goodmorning, Antares!

Discussion in 'Announcements and Information' started by Kazyyk, Dec 1, 2014.

1. The Big Bad Wolf

Well aren't you optimistic!

2. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Pretty optimistic.

I honestly think things are going to get better, but only if everybody makes it that way. If this server is going to improve everybody has to improve it themselves, not rely on others to magic it into a better place. Do or do not. There is no try.

I have high hopes for this place. I can only hope others share in my belief that we will improve.

3. Arcticil

Arcticil Toxic Top Soldier

I like to think I'm a half-full type of person, but I bid you a good luck. This whole event has turned away already a person or two I know that was involved with it, and it's definitely increased tension, stress, and decreased some crucial relations. This whole mess was ridiculous, if I'm honest, and however it may be slightly resolved now; the damage is done. The die is cast. Everything on the internet is forever, no matter what.

4. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Well, yes.

I can agree with most of this, though I don't know how the loss of four potential participants helps that goal.

Yup.

5. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

I agree, this was definitely a low blow to the community and is definitely causing some tension to say the least. I also agree that the damage is done. We should not revel in the past, rather look to the future and fight to make it better than the present.

Warning. Anomaly detected. Happy days inbound.

6. Optimism

Optimism Guest

Like this?

[​IMG]

7. Toadkid1234

Toadkid1234 New Member

Ew no.
    Like this.
    [​IMG]

8. Atom

Atom New Member

[​IMG]

9. Optimism

Optimism Guest

That's just wrong.

[​IMG]

10. Kirby teh Pink

Kirby teh Pink Puts the Coo in Cool

That line.

Just... That line.

11. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Feel free to shoot me a PM, and I'll elaborate on 'em!

12. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

IMO it should be common knowledge. Everyone deserves to know the truth.
    inb4 "You can't handle the truth!" gif

13. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

Everyone can individually shoot me a PM, if they'd like.
    I'm more comfortable 1-on-1 where everything I say isn't being precisely picked apart and analyzed while I usually don't have much time to respond with all the replies going on.

14. Blaine871

Blaine871 New Member

I beleive this picture works in similarity to what went on.

[​IMG]

Id say this would partake to those who dont care about others feelings or just start drama to get an upset reponse from individuals. unless we all care about one another to at least a realization they are people just like ourselves this wont get better. so much it will not.

And Kazyyk, (though you probably know most of this already) yes you made a mistake but it is something we all do. yes it may do unforgettable damage and had hurt others. but if anything this should at least show some people in a way that you are like all of us here, you are a person that runs this server willing to take your time to make this place a better and friendlier place to be on, and in light of these bad moments that have happened id still say your doing a good job doing it. I mean very few people like to admit to their mistakes openly, and you also mean to learn from this mistake. and for that i applaud you my good sir. Let us all remember that yes this was a bad moment in our past, but let us build off the damage and make ourselves stronger.

15. The Grand Mugwump

I wonder if this is why I had trouble using the forums yesterday.

16. Doctor Frohman

Doctor Frohman New Member

Yup.

17. Wreth

Wreth New Member

We shouldn't have to send you a PM, the reason for the bans should already have been openly stated and made clear.

18. The Big Bad Wolf

[​IMG]

Or

PM the dude.

#38 The Big Bad Wolf, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  19. Kazyyk

Kazyyk Administrator

You're welcome to run things your way when you have a server. I already said why I prefer PMs.
    I don't intend to be passive aggressive or anything, I just have my ways of doing things.
    If you do ever start a server, let me know and I'll help you out.

EDIT: I want to also say that bans are typically private matters between the offending player and Staff, and this being a special case is the sole reason these were publicized. I don't condone mudslinging or finger pointing.
    Even if someone does something wrong, I don't think it's right to put them in the spotlight.
    However, with these in particular, the community needed to know action was taken against these longtime passive offenders.

#39 Kazyyk, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  20. Wreth

Wreth New Member

Fair enough, if you truly are not announcing what they did for their sake, as you say, then I respect that reason.

I just hope you understand that since you admitted yourself that some of the bans were not deserved and that is why you reversed them, then some of us would like confirmation that the people that are still banned really did deserve it.

But maybe those reasons do not need to be publicly announced for those that are not interested.